No more Dr Pepper slurpees?

Doug Elrod

May 8, 2008, 3:50:09 PM5/8/08
I haven't been able to find any Dr Pepper slurpees at 7-Eleven
recently. Have they been totally discontinued? (They were so good
that I find this hard to believe!)

If you still have them in your area, feel free to flaunt that fact.

-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu) (sigh)

danlh

May 14, 2008, 10:24:58 PM5/14/08
Doug Elrod wrote:

> I haven't been able to find any Dr Pepper slurpees at 7-Eleven

> -Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu) (sigh)

Ordinarily I try to stay away from slurpee machines, but you made me
curious.

I found Dr Pepper slurpee in Arlington Texas today, so one would presume
it's common throughout the D/FW area. This weekend I'll likely end up in
Wichita Falls and I'll check there.

--
Daniel, KE5CKJ

Doug Elrod

Jun 9, 2008, 4:24:25 PM6/9/08
to dr...@cornell.edu
On May 14, 10:24 pm, danlh <ke5...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I found Dr Pepper slurpee in Arlington Texas today, so one would presume
> it's common throughout the D/FW area. This weekend I'll likely end up in
> Wichita Falls and I'll check there.

Thanks for the info!

I was recently traveling through Seattle and took the opportunity to
check as many 7-Elevens as I could. None had the Dr Pepper slurpee.
Canada used to have them, I believe. Does anyone know if it's still
up there?

-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu)

Robo

Jul 5, 2008, 6:23:09 PM7/5/08
I found a Dr Pepper Slushie at Phillips 66 convenience store! I got
one and loved it! I thought it was a fluke. The
machine had just a hand-written sign on it. I had to take a picture.
It was in a small town in the Southeast of Kansas...Fredonia, Kansas.

Later that day when I was in Kansas City, Missouri (Northeast of state
and over the border) and needed gas, I went into a Conoco and saw it
again! This time it was a machine with "Frozen Dr Pepper" as the
machine name and shaped like a Frozen Dr Pepper and as a backlit
sign! Pepsi and Mountain Dew were second billing additional flavors
offered. Nice touch. I took a picture, of course. I noted this for
future visits and was one my way. I felt there really must be a
God...twice in a day.

It may be true that they have it in all/most locations. I found out
Conoco and Phillips 66 & 76 have merged. Check out their website for
alocaiton near you and let us know!

http://w3.conocophillips.com/Sitelocator/USStoreLocator1.htm

Doug Elrod

May 25, 2017, 3:53:04 PM5/25/17
Thanks for the info! As of mid 2017, it appears 7-Eleven no longer carries the Dr Pepper slurpee. However, I was able to find a "Dr Pepper Freeze" at Casey's General Store (usually attached to a gas station). It was great (but now I have only the memory :-(). Alas, Casey's appears to only be in the Midwest.

If anyone knows of any other businesses which are currently carrying an Icee-like Dr Pepper product, please post here. Thanks!

-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu)
P.S. Hail, Fredonia!

tt.dani...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2018, 5:04:49 PM7/22/18
Today [07/22/2018] we stopped at 7-11 in Moore, OK & they have Dr. Pepper slurpees!

We currently live in Houston, TX where there are no 7-11s, but we do have Stripes, which 7-11 owns. Up until a month or so ago, they also had Dr. Pepper slurpees until 7-11 decided to switch to Big Red slurpees. We were extremey disappointed & have also been on the lookout for Dr. Pepper slurpees wherever we go.

Needlss to say, we were beyond excited to discover that the Dr. Pepper isn’t completely extinct yet. :)

Doug Elrod

Oct 8, 2018, 6:03:41 PM10/8/18
Thanks for the update! It appears that Dr Pepper slurpees are extremely geographically limited these days (alas!) I may have to make a trip to that area....

Sorry about the Big Red slurpee takeover. I hear that Cheerwine slurpees existed at one point, which would be *closer* to a replacement for Dr Pepper (but really, is anything a replacement for Dr Pepper? ;-))

-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu)

mch...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2019, 8:33:43 PM7/24/19
I got a Dr. Pepper slurpee in Dunn NC

mema...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2019, 5:51:27 PM7/25/19
Available in Austin, TX, at 7-11 on the corner of S IH-35 and Oltorf St.

John W Kennedy

Jul 26, 2019, 2:57:51 PM7/26/19
The thread you’re responding to is eleven years old.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres

Doug Elrod

Sep 4, 2019, 11:43:13 AM9/4/19
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 4:51:27 PM UTC-5, mema...@gmail.com wrote:
> Available in Austin, TX, at 7-11 on the corner of S IH-35 and Oltorf St.

Great! I have to think that if it is *anywhere*, there's no reason it can't
be *everywhere*. :-)

-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu)
Thinking that if someday someone invents a "Stop-Time Storage System", I
could put a lifetime supply of Dr Pepper slurpees into a storage locker. Well,
maybe two storage lockers ;-)