shortage or what?!?

BaldGuy

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

Jon A. Egger wrote:

> I have noticed in my area (midwest) that it's real hard to find
> my favorite drink, diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper, in stores. Is it so
> popular that supermarkets can't keep it in stock or don't the folks at
> Dr P make very much if it?
I have NEVER found it in the deep South!

Jon A. Egger

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

Laura Wren

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96
i'm pretty sure they don't because i can't find it either. of course, in
my town (i live on a college campus) Coke has a monopoly on the soda
market here so we can only buy Dr. Pepper in the grocery stores and
restaurants OFF campus. they sell NOTHING but Coke in the dorms, in the
dining halls, and in the university convenience stores, and in all the
vending machines on campus. it's enough to drive one batty

laura, who needs about a gallon of DP right NOW.

Joseph J. Gebis

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

gir...@sky.net (Jon A. Egger) writes:
> I have noticed in my area (midwest) that it's real hard to find
>my favorite drink, diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper, in stores. Is it so
>popular that supermarkets can't keep it in stock or don't the folks at
>Dr P make very much if it?

I think it varies wildly, even in the same general region. I used
to live in the suburbs of chicago, and could get regular, diet, and
diet caffeine-free (but not non-diet caffiene free). In champaign-urbana,
illinois, I could get anything. Now I'm out in california, and have
only seen regular and diet.

All I can suggest is to keep looking in different stores, and tell
store managers exactly what you want.

Good luck!

Nichael Cramer

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

:gir...@sky.net (Jon A. Egger) writes:
:> I have noticed in my area (midwest) that it's real hard to find
:>my favorite drink, diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper, in stores.

They have it here in Vermont, packaged under the label "Transmission Fluid".

;-)

But seriously folks... "diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper"??

Nichael Cramer
nic...@sover.net deep autumn my neighbor what does she do
http://www.sover.net/~nichael -Basho

Brittney Bush

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

In article <01bbc146$fdb21ac0$38b449c2@default>, "Al Houston "
<a...@ednet.co.uk> wrote:

> > :gir...@sky.net (Jon A. Egger) writes:
> > :> I have noticed in my area (midwest) that it's real hard to find
> > :>my favorite drink, diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper, in stores.
>

> Try getting Dr P in the Scotland, its even rarer here than in the midwest,
> used to be no problem, now you can't get it for love nor money!
>
> Can anyone tell me why Dr P in cans tastes so much better than plastic
> bottles??
>
> Al Houston (a...@ednet.co.uk)

I dunno, but I've noticed that too! I don't even like to drink it out of
bottles!!! Wow....

grbil <ger...@uist.net>

Al Houston

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Jaeger

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

"Al Houston " <a...@ednet.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why Dr P in cans tastes so much better than plastic
>bottles??

I always thought that it was plasticizers in the DP that made it taste
awful; the default condition is what it tastes like in glass.

But I prefer the taste of Dr. Pepper in cans myself. (Hmm, beer too, I
wonder if there's itty bitty bits of aluminum suspended in the liquid;
maybe the human body subliminally craves metals?)

clgre...@gmail.com

May 21, 2020, 6:14:17 PM5/21/20
On Saturday, October 12, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Jon A. Egger wrote:
> I have noticed in my area (midwest) that it's real hard to find
> my favorite drink, diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper, in stores. Is it so
> popular that supermarkets can't keep it in stock or don't the folks at
> Dr P make very much if it?

I have been looking for the same in my area in Ohio for a month and can't find it all of the sudden. Don't know what's up. Nobody seems to know.

5bobb...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2020, 5:21:31 PM6/12/20
On Saturday, October 12, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jon A. Egger wrote:
> I have noticed in my area (midwest) that it's real hard to find
> my favorite drink, diet caffeine-free Dr Pepper, in stores. Is it so
> popular that supermarkets can't keep it in stock or don't the folks at
> Dr P make very much if it?

I'm having the same problem here in Phoenix, AZ. Just called the local Coca Cola warehouse from where the product is delivered to stores and was told all the store in the region have discontinued ordering it. The only way to get it back in stock is to speak with store managers and request they stock it. Walmart also.

gail.t...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2020, 11:11:51 AM7/20/20
I live in Sacramento, California, not only can I not find Caffeine Free Diet Dr.Pepper in the 5 stores within a 4 mile radius of my home but Diet Dr Pepper in a 12 pack is also very hard to find.

What’s up Dr.Pepper?????

derek...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2020, 11:31:42 PM8/1/20
On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 8:11:51 AM UTC-7, gail....@gmail.com wrote:
> I live in Sacramento, California, not only can I not find Caffeine Free Diet Dr.Pepper in the 5 stores within a 4 mile radius of my home but Diet Dr Pepper in a 12 pack is also very hard to find.
>
> What’s up Dr.Pepper?????

its not just sacramento its everywhere. I live up past chico and had the same issue so i started to look online as joke about a shortage and sure as heck its everywhere

Flavius

Sep 21, 2021, 2:00:02 PM9/21/21
Test!!!