Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 4, 2005, 10:41:10 AM4/4/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
vain knowledge and pretend to be wise. These trouble
the world and are bad judges of everything. The people and the wise

328. The reason of effects.--Continual alternation of pro and con.

We have, then, shown that man is foolish, by the estimation he makes of
things which are not essential; and all these opinions are destroyed. We
have next shown that all these opinions are very sound and that thus, since
all these vanities are well founded, the people are not so foolish as is
said. And so we have destroyed the opinion which destroyed that of the
people.

But we must now destroy this last proposition and show that it remains
always true that the people are foolish, though their opinions are sound
because they do not perceive the truth where it is, and, as they place it
where it is not, their opinions are always very false and very unsound.

329. The reason of effects.--The weakness of man is the reason why so many
things are considered fine, as to be good at playing the lute. It is only an
evil because of our weakness.

330. The power of kings is founded on the reason and on the folly of the
people, and specially on their folly. The greatest and most important thing
in the world has weakness for its foundation, and this foundation is
wonderfully sure; for there is nothing more sure than this, that the people
will be weak. What is based on sound reason is very ill-founded as the
estimate of wisdom.

331. We can only think of Plato and Aristotle in grand academic robes. They
were honest men, like others, laughing with their friends, and, when they
diverted themselves with writing their Laws and the Politics, they did it as
an amusement. That part of their life was the least philosophic and the
least serious; the most philosophic was to live simply and quietly. If they
wrote on politics, it was as if la