2021

Aditya Khandelwal

Jan 11, 2021, 10:36:00 AM1/11/21
Well its 2021 and....
21*2= 42

Kerr-Mudd,John

Jan 11, 2021, 12:21:29 PM1/11/21
I hope there's still a Usenet (& someone around to post to it) when it's
2121.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Nemo Thorx

Jan 11, 2021, 9:12:06 PM1/11/21
Quoting Kerr-Mudd,John from 11 Jan (a Monday in 2021) at 1721 hours...

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:35:59 GMT, Aditya Khandelwal <adityakhandelwal4321
> @gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well its 2021 and....
> > 21*2= 42
> >
> I hope there's still a Usenet (& someone around to post to it) when it's
> 2121.

Nothing on the internet ever REALLY dies... so maybe?

Hell, gopher is still around afterall...

.../Nemo

--
----------------------------------------- -----------------------------
earth native

Claudio Calvelli

Jan 12, 2021, 5:32:24 AM1/12/21
On 2021-01-12, Nemo Thorx wrote:
>> I hope there's still a Usenet (& someone around to post to it) when it's
>> 2121.
>
> Nothing on the internet ever REALLY dies... so maybe?

Maybe, if we all decide to fix a deadline for Usenet to be finally shut
down... we can then miss it and keep going?

Kerr-Mudd,John

Jan 12, 2021, 6:58:00 AM1/12/21
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:32:23 GMT, Claudio Calvelli
<c.n...@w42.org.invalid> wrote:

> On 2021-01-12, Nemo Thorx wrote:
>>> I hope there's still a Usenet (& someone around to post to it) when
>>> it's 2121.

Perhaps by then people will trim & quote properly?!

>> Nothing on the internet ever REALLY dies... so maybe?
>
> Maybe, if we all decide to fix a deadline for Usenet to be finally
> shut down... we can then miss it and keep going?

Nemo Thorx

Jan 12, 2021, 10:42:08 AM1/12/21

True. People should definitely always quote inline, and never, EVER
top-post.

but like, that's just my opinion man.

.../Nemo

Quoting Kerr-Mudd,John from 12 Jan (a Tuesday in 2021) at 1157 hours...

> Perhaps by then people will trim & quote properly?!
>
> >> Nothing on the internet ever REALLY dies... so maybe?
> >
> > Maybe, if we all decide to fix a deadline for Usenet to be finally
> > shut down... we can then miss it and keep going?

Dweeb

Dec 9, 2021, 8:52:19 AM12/9/21

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/for-math-fans-a-hitchhikers-guide-
to-the-number-42/

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android

Your Name

Dec 9, 2021, 2:56:50 PM12/9/21
On 2021-12-09 13:52:17 +0000, Dweeb said:

> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/for-math-fans-a-hitchhikers-guide-
> to-the-number-42/

"It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number,
and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan
monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the
garden and thought '42 will do.' I typed it out. End of story." -
Douglas Adams

That pretty much sums up the utetr ridiculousness of English
[Literature] exams where they ask idiotic questions like "What was the
author thinking when they wrote...?". Which is why it was my most
detested subject at school, after Physical Education / sports - the
most pointless class ever invented. :-\

Kerr-Mudd, John

Dec 9, 2021, 2:59:22 PM12/9/21
'=’