Kieran I'm Sorry

Corrie MacDonald

Apr 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/24/99
No I'm not!
If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I only
put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!

P.S Whilst we're on the subject I would like to point out that julie thinks
you have a small penis and that you make wierd noises whilst making love!!!

P.P.S And at least we don't know anyone from BELGIUM.

P.P.P.S Sorry my mum just called about my child again and I fell like shit.

P.P.P.P.S I LOVE YOU

P.P.P.P.P.S Vinny tell callum I saw someone in Manchester today with Pink
Fags.

To everyone else on the Newsgroup
I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a frog
it will not chicken again

JAY

Corrie MacDonald

Apr 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/24/99

Corrie MacDonald wrote in message <7ft4b5$9fn$1...@lure.pipex.net>...
Kieran I only says Corrie Bacause its my sisters computer

Kenny Hutchings

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> is really trying to
piss me and everyone else off by writing:

> No I'm not!
> If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I only
> put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
> because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!

DISCLAIMER: The rest of this posting is excessive flame. Please move on
to the next if you are easily disturbed.

<Flame engine initialised (revision 1.083). Flame level: Well Done>
<Initialising Plug-ins: NitroJETFLAME Pack Pro v2.8>

THE REASON IT PISSED US ALL OFF, YOU THICK TWAT, IS BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE
TO PAY OUR PHONEBILLS DOWNLOADING YOUR STUPID ATTACHMENTS! IF YOU TOOK
YOUR DOMESTIC ARGUMENTS WITH KIE TO EMAIL, I THINK WE'D ALL BE A LOT
HAPPIER! PLUS, WE'D ALL ALREADY SEEN THE PICTURE, BECAUSE (AS YOU'D KNOW
IF YOU READ THE NEWSGROUP RATHER THAN JUST FILLING IT UP WITH YOUR
CRAP), KIE POSTED THE ADDRESS TO IT FROM HIS WEBPAGE!!

> P.P.S And at least we don't know anyone from BELGIUM.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO FUCKING READ! NOT ONLY IS THAT
NOT FUNNY, IT'S ALSO BEEN DONE! JUST A FEW DAYS AGO, IN FACT.

> To everyone else on the Newsgroup
> I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a frog
> it will not chicken again

IF THAT MEANS YOU'RE NOT COMING BACK, THEN GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE!

K (feeling much better after that).

Kevin Stafferton

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Kenny Hutchings <kenny.h...@virgin.net> wrote in message

> DISCLAIMER: The rest of this posting is excessive flame. Please move on
> to the next if you are easily disturbed.
>
> <Flame engine initialised (revision 1.083). Flame level: Well Done>
> <Initialising Plug-ins: NitroJETFLAME Pack Pro v2.8>

< Actual flame snipped for the more sensitive reader>

> K (feeling much better after that).

I don't think I've enjoyed reading a flame so much as just now.

Kevin

Colin D. Munro

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Kenny Hutchings wrote in message
<1dqsiit.8b...@p09-spoonbill-gui.tch.virgin.net>...

>Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> is really trying to
>piss me and everyone else off by writing:
>
>> No I'm not!
>> If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I
only
>> put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
>> because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!
>>

>DISCLAIMER: The rest of this posting is excessive flame. Please move on
>to the next if you are easily disturbed.
>
><Flame engine initialised (revision 1.083). Flame level: Well Done>
><Initialising Plug-ins: NitroJETFLAME Pack Pro v2.8>

<Initialising Colins Change-Words-At-Random-To-Reduce-Offense Engine v9.72,
as featured in all his CGI guestbooks>

>THE REASON IT PISSED US ALL OFF, YOU *slightly dim* *person*, IS BECAUSE WE
ALL HAVE
>TO PAY OUR PHONEBILLS DOWNLOADING YOUR *less than bright* ATTACHMENTS!

<Powering up attachment detection system>
Oh dear, the lights have gone dull, and all the computer screens and TV
screens say "All circuits are currently locked". There is also a dull
humming noise. Odd.
<Ping!>
Aha
<ADS result : No attachments detected. Reason : Freeserve (as usual)
auto-deleted any attachments?>
<Powering down ADS>
Ah, the lights are all better.

>IF YOU TOOK
>YOUR *home-esque (eh?)* ARGUMENTS WITH KIE TO EMAIL, I THINK WE'D ALL BE A

LOT
>HAPPIER! PLUS, WE'D ALL ALREADY SEEN THE PICTURE, BECAUSE (AS YOU'D KNOW

>IF YOU READ THE *newsfroup* RATHER THAN JUST FILLING IT UP WITH YOUR
>*things*), KIE POSTED THE ADDRESS TO IT FROM HIS WEBPAGE!!

>> P.P.S And at least we don't know anyone from BELGIUM.
>>

>YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO *really* READ! NOT ONLY IS THAT

>NOT FUNNY, IT'S ALSO BEEN DONE! JUST A FEW DAYS AGO, IN FACT.
>
>> To everyone else on the Newsgroup
>> I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a
frog
>> it will not chicken again
>>

>IF THAT MEANS YOU'RE NOT COMING BACK, THEN GOOD *good day to you*!

>K (feeling much better after that).

<CWARTRO-Engine : MSVC MFC Run-time - Memory leak detected in object CDialog
: NULL (Object dump!)>

Colin Munro
Who is clearly bored.

Ira Pearson

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Kevin Stafferton wrote in message <7ftk4d$ni$1...@lure.pipex.net>...

>Kenny Hutchings <kenny.h...@virgin.net> wrote in message
>
>< Actual flame snipped for the more sensitive reader>
>
>> K (feeling much better after that).
>
>I don't think I've enjoyed reading a flame so much as just now.

Agreed. I hereby nominate Kenny as the froup's designated flamer.
All those who say "Aye?" Kenny, that was one hell of a funny flame.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Ira

Lloyd Gilbert

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99

It is a sad, sad day when such a friendly and chatty and downright
pleasant froup such as ourselves gets into a situation where even the
idea of having a "designated flamer" is suggested.

Surely we're better than this?

Flames do have their place on usenet, and occasionally they can be
very entertaining. I, however, would prefer to do without them and the
large amounts of bickering and bad feeling that they generally bring
with them. For one thing, as Kenny pointed out in his flame, I have to
pay to download it, and by reading your posts I am letting you froods
into my life and I'd much prefer to have happy froods in my life than
malcontented ones. I regard you all as a kind of extended family and
it saddens and depresses me to think of where we might be going if
this recent trend for vitriolic and abusive flaming is to continue.

It would be nice to think that we can: be intelligent with each other,
patient with newbies, ignore obvious trolls and, when a flame is
absolutely necessary, 'flame' in a manner that's in keeping with the
ideals of the group[1].

This post is in no way supposed to be a flame.

Lloyd

[1] Perhaps, when posting a flame, only press the send button after
considering the thought: "Would DNA approve of this post?" - just a
thought.
--
"In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade'
appears to be missing" -- Svlad Cjelli

Kieran John

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99

Kenny Hutchings <kenny.h...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> is really trying to
> piss me and everyone else off by writing:
>
> > No I'm not!
> > If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I
only
> > put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
> > because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!
> >

> DISCLAIMER: The rest of this posting is excessive flame. Please move on
> to the next if you are easily disturbed.
>
> <Flame engine initialised (revision 1.083). Flame level: Well Done>
> <Initialising Plug-ins: NitroJETFLAME Pack Pro v2.8>

<SNIPPED FLAME>

> K (feeling much better after that).

Thanks Kenny, you've saved me a reply. May I suggest each and every one of
you put the following e-mail address' in your kill file/equivelant:

Jamie...@dial.pipex.net
and the other one:
Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com

This is not my fault, I would like to state that I do NOT like this and that
I would appreciate it if my friends, whom I showed USENET thinking they
would use it sensibly, would not post things about me that the rest of the
internet can read. It is beyond my power to stop this type of message (Short
of blowing up his house) but I would appreciate it if everyone took the
above step to assure no more disruptions. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Kie,

--
"Life, don't talk to me about life."

Visit my Hitchhikers page at:
http://www.viracocha.demon.co.uk/

Kieran John

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
First I would just like to say that I'm sorry (To everyone on the froup), it
seems he wanted to annoy me because I'd sent him an e-mail asking him not to
post crap to the newsfroup after the last thing. Jamie, just be careful, I
wouldn't do it but I'm sure some people here, were you to annoy them enough,
would report you to your ISP and that would get you into serious trouble.

Just like to clarify a few things:

> P.S Whilst we're on the subject I would like to point out that julie
thinks
> you have a small penis and that you make wierd noises whilst making
love!!!

This is bullcrap.

> P.P.S And at least we don't know anyone from BELGIUM.

You do.

> P.P.P.S Sorry my mum just called about my child again and I fell like

s**t.

You "fell"? What, you came from a dog's rectum?

> P.P.P.P.S I LOVE YOU

Well stop posting this crap then, just phone me, it's near enough the same
cost as posting to here.

> P.P.P.P.P.S Vinny tell callum I saw someone in Manchester today with Pink
Fags.

This could have been said by e-mail, this may be Usenet and you can post
whatever the hell you want but people on here would appreciate it if you
didn't use it as a messageboard for arrangements/announcements/interesting
things that happened/are happening in Barrow.

> To everyone else on the Newsgroup
> I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a frog
> it will not chicken again

Again, I apologise for this crap and would appreciate it if no-one replied
to this thread because I don't want to continue another thread with my name
in the title. AGain may I remind you to update your kill file.

Lord Rutherford Quinton Chiggenbothem VII

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
In article <1dqsiit.8b...@p09-spoonbill-gui.tch.virgin.net>,
kenny.h...@virgin.net (Kenny Hutchings) wrote:

> DISCLAIMER: The rest of this posting is excessive flame. Please move on
> to the next if you are easily disturbed.

The only thing you've left out is: "Go stick your head in a pig!"

The only reason I'm not casting my vote for you as the official afda
flamer is that I prefer to do my flaming on my own. Good work.

Cheers!

-- Chiggy

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com (Lloyd Gilbert) writes:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:38:16 -0500, "Ira Pearson"
> <ira_p...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Kevin Stafferton wrote in message <7ftk4d$ni$1...@lure.pipex.net>...

> >>Kenny Hutchings <kenny.h...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> >>

> >>< Actual flame snipped for the more sensitive reader>

<IRONY MODE>
What do you mean we shouldn't flame? You stupid turlingdrome! And I'm
not your family! You were born by a furry creature from Alpha
Centaury!
</IRONY MODE>

\begin{sensible}
Actually I quite agree with you. I mean, I think most trolls
etc. would disappear so much more if everyone just ignored them.\par
That said I think the flame did at least contain a good part of
humour, black as it may have been, and I enjoyed it somewhat. Still I
can't say that I didn't have the thoughts you had.\par
\LaTeX{} is sooooo cool!
\end{sensible}

--
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen fie...@daimi.au.dk
Please add NOSPAM for sending spamletters :-)

Motti

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Lord Rutherford Quinton Chiggenbothem VII doth protest too much,
methinks...
[Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
>The only thing you've left out is: "Go stick your head in a pig!"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[-0]

>The only reason I'm not casting my vote for you as the official afda
>flamer is that I prefer to do my flaming on my own. Good work.
>
>Cheers!
>
>-- Chiggy

Hey! Return of the Chig!
long time no see, what evil deeds have you been up to?

[-0] Now where did I put that ascii thingie?[0]
[0] What *is* the correct spelling? "thingee?"[+0] "thingy?" hmmmm...
[+0] It's your nagging that started my putting the question mark _in_
the quotes, ahh nostalgia...[ln(1)]
[ln(1)] And this years winner of most footnotes with same value is...

-<Motti>-
Meteors, as scarce out here as sperm whales in a goldfish bowl.
--Larry Niven, World Of Ptavvs--

ICQ # 12888092

Lord Rutherford Quinton Chiggenbothem VII

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
In article <3724b74...@news.netvision.net.il>, t...@Apexmail.com
(Motti) wrote:

> Lord Rutherford Quinton Chiggenbothem VII doth protest too much,
> methinks...
> [Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
> >The only thing you've left out is: "Go stick your head in a pig!"
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[-0]

> Hey! Return of the Chig!
> long time no see, what evil deeds have you been up to?

All sorts of ugly, nasty, bureaucratic thingies.

> [-0] Now where did I put that ascii thingie?[0]

Thingy.

> [0] What *is* the correct spelling? "thingee?"[+0] "thingy?" hmmmm...
> [+0] It's your nagging that started my putting the question mark _in_
> the quotes, ahh nostalgia...[ln(1)]

And it's about time, too.

> [ln(1)] And this years winner of most footnotes with same value is...
>
> -<Motti>-

Congratulations on your award.

-- Chiggy

Screwtape

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> is really trying to
piss me and everyone else off by writing:

<stupid junk mail>

Kenny Hutchings wrote:

<pretty funny flame>

Stuff written by Colin D. Munro:

<funny "tidying up" response to certain words in flame>

Hehehe.. That was pretty good..

"*home-esque ?*" really did it for me, though..

'
|_________________________________________________________________

| Darn rhodents, sigging anything that moves! -- Nils Desle

Screwtape

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Stuff written by Corrie MacDonald:
<snip>

Kie, do people like this follow you home often? Would you mind us making you
move to alt.annoying.friends.follow.trail.gravitate ?

Screwtape

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Stuff written by Corrie MacDonald:
>Kieran I only says Corrie Bacause its my sisters computer

Nothing short of blowing up his house, eh, Kie?

Give 'im SMEF, boy.

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
|_________________________________________________________________

| Nice sensible hobbits stay with Smeagol.

Screwtape

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Stuff written by Kieran John:

>Again, I apologise for this crap and would appreciate it if no-one replied
>to this thread because I don't want to continue another thread with my name
>in the title. AGain may I remind you to update your kill file.

I'm easily satisfied you will deal with this person in real life - We hold you
not responsible for what your unenlightend and obviously immature friends do.

But what's wrong with a thread with your name in the title? OK, so the original
subjetc matter might not be all bad, but to me it's cute.

I think it would be kind of cool if all subject lines had to contain "Kie",
"Kieran", or "Kieran John". We might just as well begin calling them Kie lines
now.

Kenny Hutchings

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Screwtape <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote:

> I think it would be kind of cool if all subject lines had to contain "Kie",
> "Kieran", or "Kieran John". We might just as well begin calling them Kie lines
> now.

Perhaps somebody should write a couple of empty postings with each
person's name in the Kie line, so we've all got threads with our name in
them.

K.

Jan van den Broek

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

>But what's wrong with a thread with your name in the title? OK, so the original
>subjetc matter might not be all bad, but to me it's cute.

>I think it would be kind of cool if all subject lines had to contain "Kie",

>"Kieran", or "Kieran John". We might just as well begin calling them Kie lines
>now.

Or an X-line in the header.
Jan van den Broek -----_____ In remembrance of Eustachius Warszebald
balg...@xs4all.nl -----_____ Herdenkt Eustachius Warszebald

Acer Victoria

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
<snip message that looks like it's meant to embarass Kie, poor chap>

--
"Your optimistic eyes / Seem like paradise / To someone like / Me."
--Martin L. Gore, one of the greatest guitar

Screwtape

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
Stuff written by Kenny Hutchings:

>Screwtape <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote:
>

>> I think it would be kind of cool if all subject lines had to contain "Kie",
>> "Kieran", or "Kieran John". We might just as well begin calling them Kie lines
>> now.
>
>Perhaps somebody should write a couple of empty postings with each
>person's name in the Kie line, so we've all got threads with our name in
>them.

I think it's fairly pointless - I mean, only Kie is being annoyed by having his
name in the Kie line, so why go to all the bother?

But I do expect you all to edit the Kie line of each message you reply to, so
we will have an utterly Kie-free-free newsfroup.

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
|_________________________________________________________________

| Anyone ever told you you're beautiful? No? Ever wondered why?

Screwtape

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:

>\LaTeX{} is sooooo cool!
>\end{sensible}

You mixed up the order of those two lines.

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
> >\LaTeX{} is sooooo cool!
> >\end{sensible}
>
> You mixed up the order of those two lines.

LOL :-)
\begin{shamelessPlug}
No, I didn't! I really *do* love \LaTeX. However, if you don't try
using LyX, which will give you a WYSIWYG (well partly... hmmm that'll
be WYSIPWYG) interface.\par
I was being \emph{very} sensible while saying \LaTeX is cool.
\end{shamelessPlug}

--
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen fie...@daimi.au.dk
Please add NOSPAM for sending spamletters :-)

Everyone should use emacs...anything less would be uncivilised. -Matt

Nancyj Lambing

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
In article <7ft4b5$9fn$1...@lure.pipex.net>,

Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>No I'm not!
>If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I only
>put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
>because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!
>
>P.S Whilst we're on the subject I would like to point out that julie thinks
>you have a small penis and that you make wierd noises whilst making love!!!

Oy!! What's all this about!? Not one single person wants to hear about
this!
Kie, don't worry. We won't believe a word of it.

>P.P.S And at least we don't know anyone from BELGIUM.

Is this an attempt to be on topic to the nf?

>P.P.P.S Sorry my mum just called about my child again and I fell like shit.

Isn't this a private sort of matter?

>P.P.P.P.S I LOVE YOU

Shouldn't this be discussed over email?

>P.P.P.P.P.S Vinny tell callum I saw someone in Manchester today with Pink
>Fags.

Okaaaaay, whatever...

> To everyone else on the Newsgroup
>I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a frog
>it will not chicken again

Who is this insane person, Kie? I'm scared...

BTW, tehre is certainly a lot of P's in this message. (heehee, peepee :)

-Meg ||The socks in
||my drawer are
Visit Studio 42, and see some Deep Thoughts: ||like snowflakes:
http://www.pitt.edu/~nalst ||No two are alike.

Nancyj Lambing

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
In article <3723fe57...@news.tcp.co.uk>,

Lloyd Gilbert <lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:38:16 -0500, "Ira Pearson"
><ira_p...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>Kevin Stafferton wrote in message <7ftk4d$ni$1...@lure.pipex.net>...
>>>Kenny Hutchings <kenny.h...@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>>< Actual flame snipped for the more sensitive reader>

>>>I don't think I've enjoyed reading a flame so much as just now.
>>

>>Agreed. I hereby nominate Kenny as the froup's designated flamer.
>>All those who say "Aye?" Kenny, that was one hell of a funny flame.
>>Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
>>
>>Ira
>>

>It is a sad, sad day when such a friendly and chatty and downright
>pleasant froup such as ourselves gets into a situation where even the
>idea of having a "designated flamer" is suggested.

Yeah! The last thing we need is adegignated flamer!... We ALL wanna
flame! ;)

>Surely we're better than this?

Errm.... probably not :)

>Flames do have their place on usenet, and occasionally they can be
>very entertaining.

Is it just me, or does this sound like the begining of a commercial for
some sort of hotline?

"When your flaming problem gets out of control, call us. We can help.
Councerlors are on call 42 hours a day to answer your questions.
1-800-FLAMES... We understand." (Five dollars for the first minute, one
dollar for each additional minute).

:)

>I, however, would prefer to do without them and the
>large amounts of bickering and bad feeling that they generally bring
>with them. For one thing, as Kenny pointed out in his flame, I have to
>pay to download it, and by reading your posts I am letting you froods
>into my life and I'd much prefer to have happy froods in my life than
>malcontented ones. I regard you all as a kind of extended family and

(sniff) Awww, how sweet. GROUP HUG!!

>it saddens and depresses me to think of where we might be going if
>this recent trend for vitriolic and abusive flaming is to continue.

You should calll 1-800-FLAMES :)

>It would be nice to think that we can: be intelligent with each other,
>patient with newbies, ignore obvious trolls and, when a flame is
>absolutely necessary, 'flame' in a manner that's in keeping with the
>ideals of the group[1].

Translation: All flames must contain DNA refs in some form

>This post is in no way supposed to be a flame.

Of course, of course. We understand. Everything is going to be okay.
We'll just call up that nice hotline and get ourselves soem help. Maybe we
all need to check into flamers rehab.

>[1] Perhaps, when posting a flame, only press the send button after
>considering the thought: "Would DNA approve of this post?" - just a
>thought.

We could have him actually pre-aprove all posts. Then we can have a
little seal at the bottome saying "Douglas Adams Seal Of Approval And
General Overall Quality. This Post Is Suitable For Everyday Froup Reading"
:)

-Meg | Studio 42: http://www.pitt.edu/~nalst
I wish that you would step back from that ledge, my friend. You could cut
ties with all the lies that you've been livin' in. If you did not want to
see me again, I would understand."
_Jumper_ (Third Eye Blind)

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
nal...@pitt.edu (Nancyj Lambing) writes:

> In article <7ft4b5$9fn$1...@lure.pipex.net>,
> Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> >No I'm not!
> >If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I only
> >put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
> >because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!
> >
> >P.S Whilst we're on the subject I would like to point out that julie thinks
> >you have a small penis and that you make wierd noises whilst making love!!!
>
> Oy!! What's all this about!? Not one single person wants to hear about
> this!
> Kie, don't worry. We won't believe a word of it.

Maybe just one word. I think I'll pick the word 'like'. Yes. That's a
nice word.

<snip>

> > To everyone else on the Newsgroup
> >I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a frog
> >it will not chicken again
> >

> Who is this insane person, Kie? I'm scared...

Ditto..

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
nal...@pitt.edu (Nancyj Lambing) writes:

<snip>

> We could have him actually pre-aprove all posts. Then we can have a
> little seal at the bottome saying "Douglas Adams Seal Of Approval And
> General Overall Quality. This Post Is Suitable For Everyday Froup Reading"
> :)

We could just extend out tagging system...
How about beige?
Thatis: We now have
The colours are blue for relevant posts, brown for irrelevant posts,
and black for really irrelevant posts. Posts marked with beige are
approved for everyday reading:-)

Screwtape

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>> >\LaTeX{} is sooooo cool!
>> >\end{sensible}
>>
>> You mixed up the order of those two lines.
>
>LOL :-)

Thanks.

>\begin{shamelessPlug}
>No, I didn't! I really *do* love \LaTeX. However, if you don't try
>using LyX, which will give you a WYSIWYG (well partly... hmmm that'll
>be WYSIPWYG) interface.\par
>I was being \emph{very} sensible while saying \LaTeX is cool.
>\end{shamelessPlug}

I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I found
they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on it
(which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they couldn't
use a word-processor.

I might try LyX when I get some extra disk space.. and RH6.0, after hopefully
this system works after being "repaired" on monday..

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
|_________________________________________________________________

Kieran John

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99

Screwtape <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote in message

> Stuff written by Kenny Hutchings:
> >Screwtape <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote:
> >

> >> I think it would be kind of cool if all subject lines had to contain
"Kie",
> >> "Kieran", or "Kieran John". We might just as well begin calling them
Kie lines
> >> now.
> >
> >Perhaps somebody should write a couple of empty postings with each
> >person's name in the Kie line, so we've all got threads with our name in
> >them.
>
> I think it's fairly pointless - I mean, only Kie is being annoyed by
having his
> name in the Kie line, so why go to all the bother?
>
> But I do expect you all to edit the Kie line of each message you reply to,
so
> we will have an utterly Kie-free-free newsfroup.
>
> --
> '
> | Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian

Thank you very much(!). BTW I've got sunburn and it hurts.

Jacob Skaaning

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
Screwtape wrote in message ...

>Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>>> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>>>
>>> You mixed up the order of those two lines.
>>
>>LOL :-)
>
>Thanks.
>
>>\begin{shamelessPlug}
>>No, I didn't! I really *do* love \LaTeX. However, if you don't try
>>using LyX, which will give you a WYSIWYG (well partly... hmmm that'll
>>be WYSIPWYG) interface.\par
>>I was being \emph{very} sensible while saying \LaTeX is cool.
>>\end{shamelessPlug}
>
>I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I
found
>they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on
it
>(which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they
couldn't
>use a word-processor.
>
>I might try LyX when I get some extra disk space.. and RH6.0, after
hopefully
>this system works after being "repaired" on monday..

So, you guys into bondage as well?

Jacob Skaaning
This .sig minimized for your viewing pleasure.
ORYTVHZ
http://come.to/afda
The Official alt.fan.douglas-adams Homepage

Ben

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
Kieran John wrote:
> Thank you very much(!). BTW I've got sunburn and it hurts.

Me too.

> Kie,
>
> --
> "Life, don't talk to me about life."
>
> Visit my Hitchhikers page at:
> http://www.viracocha.demon.co.uk/

--
Ben (latebird @ usa.net) (http://www.netins.net/showcase/benssite/)
(GCS d- s+:+ a--- C+++>$ UL++ P++ L++ E? W+++ N+++ o? K- w--- !O M++

Acer Victoria

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Kieran John wrote:
>> <snip message that looks like it's meant to embarass Kie, poor chap>
>> >????? What did you (Kie) do to piss these lasses off?
>Worryingly it's a lad (He was posting from a different mail account),
>doesn't really bother me 'cause none of it is true.
It's scary, isn't it? Give a loony internet access and he'll do
all sorts of things inappropriate. Hmm, I'm hungry, so I think I'll eat
lunch (completely random thought, that)

--
"Your optimistic eyes / Seem like paradise / To someone like / Me."

--Martin L. Gore, guitar player, song writer and vocalist
extraodinare, of Depeche Mode, my fav band :-)

Acer Victoria

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
<snip bunch of "Ps">
Hmmmm, that reminds me, I once did that, using post script after
post script, on and on; 'twas interesting, I thought, although I never
asked the person the letter was addressed what it seemed like.
Just a random fragment.

Nancyj Lambing

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
In article <925075389.8815.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
Kieran John <k...@viracocha.demon.co.uk> wrote:

<It's time for snipamaniacs!>

>> To everyone else on the Newsgroup
>> I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a frog
>> it will not chicken again
>

>Again, I apologise for this crap and would appreciate it if no-one replied
>to this thread because I don't want to continue another thread with my name
>in the title. AGain may I remind you to update your kill file.

I'm sorry. I already replied to it. And now I'm doing it again (but I at
least took your name iut of the title... sort of).
BTW, I think you need to find some nicer friends, Kie ;)

-Meg | Why is there
| brail on
Visit Studio 42, home of Colin's Corner | drive-through
http://www.pitt.edu/~nalst | ATMs?

Kieran John

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99

Nancyj Lambing <nal...@pitt.edu> wrote in message

> In article <7ft4b5$9fn$1...@lure.pipex.net>,
> Corrie MacDonald <Corrie.M...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> >No I'm not!
> >If I want to be incredibly annoying I will be! And don't think that I
only
> >put that picture up because you were on it, because I didn't I did it
> >because there were two other incredibly attractive lads on it so THERE!
> >
> >P.S Whilst we're on the subject I would like to point out that julie
thinks
> >you have a small penis and that you make wierd noises whilst making
love!!!

> Oy!! What's all this about!? Not one single person wants to hear about
> this!
> Kie, don't worry. We won't believe a word of it.
>

> >P.P.S And at least we don't know anyone from BELGIUM.
>
> Is this an attempt to be on topic to the nf?
>

> >P.P.P.S Sorry my mum just called about my child again and I fell like
shit.

> Isn't this a private sort of matter?
>

> >P.P.P.P.S I LOVE YOU
>
> Shouldn't this be discussed over email?
>

> >P.P.P.P.P.S Vinny tell callum I saw someone in Manchester today with Pink
> >Fags.
> >

> Okaaaaay, whatever...
>

> > To everyone else on the Newsgroup
> >I'm sorry for posting crap on your BELGIUM newsgroup and you can be a
frog
> >it will not chicken again
> >

> Who is this insane person, Kie? I'm scared...
>
> BTW, tehre is certainly a lot of P's in this message. (heehee, peepee :)
>
> -Meg ||The socks in

Don't worry. Ignore it.

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
"Jacob Skaaning" <jska...@teliamail.dk> writes:

Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
like that). What've you been up to? And why? We were almoist fading
away! We thought you'd forgotten us!
Oh, and we want all the pictures of everybody on come.to/afda!

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
> >s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
> >> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
> >>
> >> You mixed up the order of those two lines.
> >
> >LOL :-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> >\begin{shamelessPlug}
> >No, I didn't! I really *do* love \LaTeX. However, if you don't try
> >using LyX, which will give you a WYSIWYG (well partly... hmmm that'll
> >be WYSIPWYG) interface.\par
> >I was being \emph{very} sensible while saying \LaTeX is cool.
> >\end{shamelessPlug}
>
> I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I found
> they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on it
> (which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they couldn't
> use a word-processor.

You are raving mad ofcourse!
Have you ever tried writing formulas in wordprocessors? It's a
nightmare! IT REALLY IS!
Whereas in LaTeX you just say, eg.
\[\forall\ksi\in\Bbb{R}:\sum_{i=1}^n(\Lambda^\ksi)=7\]
and you have a formula you would have taken a week to write in
Word....
Oh, and the above formula is of course a lie! Unless Lambda and n
depend on ksi in some strange way, so that it is true...

> I might try LyX when I get some extra disk space.. and RH6.0, after hopefully
> this system works after being "repaired" on monday..

Some like it. I like to write LaTeX in the hand :-)

Rita Fernsler

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
On Sun, 2 May 1999 14:31:30 +1000, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
wrote:

>I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I found
>they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on it
>(which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they couldn't
>use a word-processor.

are you kidding? i always pitied my friend who was forced to write her
diploma thesis with word perfect since her boss wanted to be able to
read the text on a computer. or my other friend who wrote her thesis
with word for win and reported a lot of crashes when her document
became somewhat larger.
using a wordprocessor for a natural science text is pure horror. it's
not only the spasm your hand will get when clicking together a formula
with a mouse (not to mention that the word-formulas don't look very
nice) it's the trouble with page breaks, footnotes and other
references as well. and - the images. my postscript-thesis has some 40
mb due to 5 rather excessive graphics and the incompetence of corel
draw to save data economically - just imagine the bloody word-document
and the hour wfw would need for opening it.

latex rooooolez!

Maharani

Jacob Skaaning

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen wrote in message ...

>"Jacob Skaaning" <jska...@teliamail.dk> writes:
>

>> Screwtape wrote in message ...
>> >Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:

>> >Thanks.

>> >I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I
>> found
>> >they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book
on
>> it
>> >(which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they
>> couldn't
>> >use a word-processor.
>> >
>> >I might try LyX when I get some extra disk space.. and RH6.0, after
>> hopefully
>> >this system works after being "repaired" on monday..
>>

>> So, you guys into bondage as well?
>
>Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
>like that). What've you been up to? And why? We were almoist fading
>away! We thought you'd forgotten us!
>Oh, and we want all the pictures of everybody on come.to/afda!

Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures. I'll
add them!
By the way, who is the List-Man?

Jacob Skaaning

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Ben wrote in message <372D230F...@usa.net>...

>Kieran John wrote:
>> Thank you very much(!). BTW I've got sunburn and it hurts.
>
>Me too.

A lot of people are mad at me. It seems, as quick as they get sunburned, I
get suntanned. On one day, I could see a remarkable difference between where
my watch was, and the other skin. Mmm...

Motti

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Ben doth protest too much, methinks...
[Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
>Kieran John wrote:
>> Thank you very much(!). BTW I've got sunburn and it hurts.
>
>Me too.

I have a sunburn which doesn't hurt so there!!
In fact it isn't showing any sighs of peeling either, come to think of
it I'm not sure it falls under the definition of sunburn :o( but it
*was* red and id *did* itch!

-<Motti>-
Hello, my name is Locutus of Borg and I'm an assimilataholic.

ICQ # 12888092

Matt Messerman

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <fie...@daimi.au.dk> writes:

> Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
> like that). What've you been up to? And why? We were almoist fading
> away! We thought you'd forgotten us!
> Oh, and we want all the pictures of everybody on come.to/afda!

Kaare - you know they have a special place in hell just for people who
make really bad programming puns[1]? You're going there now for that
awful, awful (yet sadly funny to me) joke.

Matt
[1] Its a subset of the sector for people who make just bad puns.

--
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Matt Messerman <mess...@rohan.sdsu.edu> writes:

Right now? I don't even have to die first....
Who is that! No... Don't take me! I wasn't me! Really... AAAAaargh!
No... Hey, is that a core dump in your pocket or are you just happy to
see me? No! I didn't mean that...
Um... Look behind you... A null-pointer headed monkey!
Um.... guess you've heard that one before, eh?
No... don't... No....

Kenny Hutchings

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Jacob Skaaning <jska...@teliamail.dk> wrote:

> A lot of people are mad at me. It seems, as quick as they get sunburned, I
> get suntanned. On one day, I could see a remarkable difference between where
> my watch was, and the other skin. Mmm...

Oh, that's nothing to worry about. That's just where your immensely
powerful watch irradiates and bleaches the skin underneath it. All part
of the mechanism y'know...

K.

Ben

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Motti wrote:
> Ben doth protest too much, methinks...
> [Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
> >Kieran John wrote:
> >> Thank you very much(!). BTW I've got sunburn and it hurts.
> >
> >Me too.
> >
> I have a sunburn which doesn't hurt so there!!
> In fact it isn't showing any sighs of peeling either, come to think of
> it I'm not sure it falls under the definition of sunburn :o( but it
> *was* red and id *did* itch!

Mine is red and it does hurt, but I learned to never get a sunburn that would peel.

Ben

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Jacob Skaaning wrote:
> Ben wrote in message <372D230F...@usa.net>...
> >Kieran John wrote:
> >> Thank you very much(!). BTW I've got sunburn and it hurts.
> >
> >Me too.
>
> A lot of people are mad at me. It seems, as quick as they get sunburned, I
> get suntanned. On one day, I could see a remarkable difference between where
> my watch was, and the other skin. Mmm...

For me to tan, it would require that I be outside for no more than 15 minutes
a day for at least 3 months. Then, it isn't really a tan, just a little bit
less stark white.

> --
>
> Jacob Skaaning
> This .sig minimized for your viewing pleasure.
> ORYTVHZ
> http://come.to/afda
> The Official alt.fan.douglas-adams Homepage

Ben

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
> >Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
> >like that). What've you been up to? And why? We were almoist fading
> >away! We thought you'd forgotten us!
> >Oh, and we want all the pictures of everybody on come.to/afda!
>
> Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures. I'll
> add them!
> By the way, who is the List-Man?

Ratbat.

Trllyn

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>From: "Jacob Skaaning"

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: Kieran I'm Sorry

>Screwtape wrote in message ...
>>Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:

>>>\begin{shamelessPlug}
>>>No, I didn't! I really *do* love \LaTeX.

>>>be WYSIPWYG) interface.\par
>>>I was being \emph{very} sensible while saying \LaTeX is cool.
>>>\end{shamelessPlug}
>>
>>I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I
>found
>>they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on
>it
>>(which I read)

>So, you guys into bondage as well?
>Jacob Skaaning

i was just going to add that latex can chafe..so would you guys recommend
like..body powder or something or other :)
trll

All my plans, they fell through my hands, all my dreams..it suddenly
seems....EMPTY (cranb.)

Screwtape

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
>like that).

I'm guessing you were referring to the language developed by Ritchie and
Kernighan?

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian

|_________________________________________________________________

| "I lose [my] lunch on Thursday." -- Charles Prabhakar

Screwtape

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>> I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I found
>> they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on it
>> (which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they couldn't
>> use a word-processor.
>
>You are raving mad ofcourse!
>Have you ever tried writing formulas in wordprocessors? It's a
>nightmare! IT REALLY IS!
>Whereas in LaTeX you just say, eg.
>\[\forall\ksi\in\Bbb{R}:\sum_{i=1}^n(\Lambda^\ksi)=7\]
>and you have a formula you would have taken a week to write in
>Word....

OK, ok.. math formulas are Good Things in LaTeX. I believe that the Maths
faculty at my university does all the tutorial sheets and so on in LaTeX. And
I'm very impressed at the sheer number of things it gets Right (ligatures,
quote marks, etc). But my employer uses LaTeX even for the New User
Documentation, and Application Forms and all sorts of non-math stuff..

>Oh, and the above formula is of course a lie! Unless Lambda and n
>depend on ksi in some strange way, so that it is true...

I'll take your word for that..

>> I might try LyX when I get some extra disk space.. and RH6.0, after hopefully
>> this system works after being "repaired" on monday..
>

>Some like it. I like to write LaTeX in the hand :-)

Fine.. but would you be writing long letters home in LaTeX? Or would perhaps
Word be a better tool?

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
> >s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
> >> I didn't realise anybody used LaTeX anymore. When I got to my new ISP, I found
> >> they did all their documents in LaTeX, and even had an introductory book on it
> >> (which I read), but it looked like a system that people used when they couldn't
> >> use a word-processor.
> >
> >You are raving mad ofcourse!
> >Have you ever tried writing formulas in wordprocessors? It's a
> >nightmare! IT REALLY IS!
> >Whereas in LaTeX you just say, eg.
> >\[\forall\ksi\in\Bbb{R}:\sum_{i=1}^n(\Lambda^\ksi)=7\]
> >and you have a formula you would have taken a week to write in
> >Word....
>
> OK, ok.. math formulas are Good Things in LaTeX. I believe that the Maths
> faculty at my university does all the tutorial sheets and so on in LaTeX. And
> I'm very impressed at the sheer number of things it gets Right (ligatures,
> quote marks, etc). But my employer uses LaTeX even for the New User
> Documentation, and Application Forms and all sorts of non-math stuff..

So do I. I prefer it for almost anything by now. Math is just an
example. The figures. The table of contents. The sections. The
possibility of writing Macros for anything that doesn't already
exist. Al this makes it so more flexible than any other text editing
system, and the fact that it is not immediately WYSIWYG doesn't bother
me too much, because of the fact that when it is translated to ps, it
almost always look right! Not so the WYSIWYG editors!

> >Oh, and the above formula is of course a lie! Unless Lambda and n
> >depend on ksi in some strange way, so that it is true...
>
> I'll take your word for that..

I hope I'm right then.

> >> I might try LyX when I get some extra disk space.. and RH6.0, after hopefully
> >> this system works after being "repaired" on monday..
> >
> >Some like it. I like to write LaTeX in the hand :-)
>
> Fine.. but would you be writing long letters home in LaTeX? Or would perhaps
> Word be a better tool?

See above :-)
Although I prefer to write personal letters in hand, with a
pencil. For two reasons:
1) It looks more personal
2) Maybe they can't read it, and I won't be accused of writing
something I shouldn't have.

But I do use LaTeX for any word formatting. My Windoze is only ever
booted when I take half an hour of to play a game or such.

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:

> >Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
> >like that).
>
> I'm guessing you were referring to the language developed by Ritchie and
> Kernighan?

Wow! I think you spelt them both right! Yes. I am!

Colin D. Munro

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Ben <late...@usa.net> wrote in message news:372E7D38...@usa.net...

> > Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures.
I'll
> > add them!
> > By the way, who is the List-Man?
>
> Ratbat.

Is that the same Ratbat from alt.acme.exploding.newsgroup?

Colin Munro

Motti

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Ben doth protest too much, methinks...
[Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
>Jacob Skaaning wrote:
>>
>> Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures. I'll
>> add them!
>> By the way, who is the List-Man?
>
>Ratbat.

Wrong group!

BTW What's happened w/ that? I don't recall seeing any lists lately.

-<Motti>-
Vidi, vici, veni.
--Julius Caesar (Re: Cleopatra)--

ICQ # 12888092

Ben

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Colin D. Munro wrote:
> Ben <late...@usa.net> wrote in message news:372E7D38...@usa.net...
> > >
> > > Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures.
> I'll
> > > add them!
> > > By the way, who is the List-Man?
> >
> > Ratbat.
> >

> Is that the same Ratbat from alt.acme.exploding.newsgroup?

And aaltuae, my home group.

> Colin Munro

Ben

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Motti wrote:
> Ben doth protest too much, methinks...
> [Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
> >Jacob Skaaning wrote:
> >>
> >> Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures. I'll
> >> add them!
> >> By the way, who is the List-Man?
> >
> >Ratbat.
> >
> Wrong group!
>
> BTW What's happened w/ that? I don't recall seeing any lists lately.

I don't read aaen any more, so I haven't seen many either...

Jacob Skaaning

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Ben wrote in message <372E7D38...@usa.net>...

>Jacob Skaaning wrote:
>> Kaare Fiedler Christiansen wrote in message ...

ISP, I
>> on

>> >Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
>> >like that). What've you been up to? And why? We were almoist fading
>> >away! We thought you'd forgotten us!
>> >Oh, and we want all the pictures of everybody on come.to/afda!
>>
>> Okay. List-Man! Make me a list of all the urls for all the pictures. I'll
>> add them!
>> By the way, who is the List-Man?
>
>Ratbat.

Bless you.

Screwtape

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Stuff written by Motti:

>*was* red and id *did* itch!

<ObRef>
Do you know, you sound exactly like someone's broken your nose?
</ObRef>

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
|_________________________________________________________________

| !GNIRREHDER SI DORWSSAP EHT

Screwtape

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Stuff written by Nancyj Lambing:

>In article <925075389.8815.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
>Kieran John <k...@viracocha.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> <It's time for snipamaniacs!>
> I'm sorry. I already replied to it. And now I'm doing it again (but I at
>least took your name iut of the title... sort of).
> BTW, I think you need to find some nicer friends, Kie ;)

I'm sorry, it's not allowed to take Kie's name out of the Kie line..

Screwtape

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Stuff written by Kenny Hutchings:

>Jacob Skaaning <jska...@teliamail.dk> wrote:
>> A lot of people are mad at me. It seems, as quick as they get sunburned, I
>> get suntanned. On one day, I could see a remarkable difference between where
>> my watch was, and the other skin. Mmm...
>
>Oh, that's nothing to worry about. That's just where your immensely
>powerful watch irradiates and bleaches the skin underneath it. All part
>of the mechanism y'know...

Now, *that's* comedy..

:)

Kenny Hutchings

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Ben <late...@usa.net> wrote:

> > Is that the same Ratbat from alt.acme.exploding.newsgroup?
>
> And aaltuae, my home group.

For everyone who's remarkably confused at this acronym, that stands for:
alt.alt.life.the-universe.and-everything - which I believe has nothing
at all whatsoever to do with the book.

Incidentally, I believe Ben to be the biggest multiple-froup populator
here. I've seen him in far too many different groups as I've lurked
around...

K.

Ben

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Kenny Hutchings wrote:
> Ben <late...@usa.net> wrote:
> > > Is that the same Ratbat from alt.acme.exploding.newsgroup?
> >
> > And aaltuae, my home group.
> >
> For everyone who's remarkably confused at this acronym, that stands for:
> alt.alt.life.the-universe.and-everything - which I believe has nothing
> at all whatsoever to do with the book.

Yes it does. Same type of people there (at least there used to be).

> Incidentally, I believe Ben to be the biggest multiple-froup populator
> here. I've seen him in far too many different groups as I've lurked
> around...

Thanks. I also post to 5 or 10 netins.* groups that you can't get. My
newsgroup list is currently 20 groups, and will go up to 25 or so during the
summer (when I have time to read aaen and alt.revenge, and a few others)

> K.

Lloyd Gilbert

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
On Wed, 5 May 1999 20:21:53 +1000, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
wrote:

>Stuff written by Motti:
>>*was* red and id *did* itch!
>
><ObRef>
>Do you know, you sound exactly like someone's broken your nose?
></ObRef>

Long Dark TeaTime of the Soul

Dirk has a broken nose...

Lloyd
--
"In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade'
appears to be missing" -- Svlad Cjelli

Motti

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Screwtape doth protest too much, methinks...

[Hamlet Act 3 Scene 2 Ye newe edition]
>Stuff written by Motti:
>>*was* red and id *did* itch!
>
><ObRef>
>Do you know, you sound exactly like someone's broken your nose?
></ObRef>

I had boked by dose!

-<Boddi>-
dis bessage wad sen' do you via usened id buch de sa' way bricks
arend.

Iseeb'oo # 12888092

Matt Messerman

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> Stuff written by Nancyj Lambing:
> >In article <925075389.8815.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
> >Kieran John <k...@viracocha.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > <It's time for snipamaniacs!>
> > I'm sorry. I already replied to it. And now I'm doing it again (but I at
> >least took your name iut of the title... sort of).
> > BTW, I think you need to find some nicer friends, Kie ;)
>
> I'm sorry, it's not allowed to take Kie's name out of the Kie line..
>

> --
> '
> | Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
> |_________________________________________________________________
> |
> | !GNIRREHDER SI DORWSSAP EHT

Yes, it is, but you must put it in an "X-Kie-Line" or pay the consequences.

Matt

--
Gur qbaxrl unf tbar dhnpx.

Screwtape

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:
>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>> Stuff written by Kaare Fiedler Christiansen:

>> >Jacob!!!!!! Where have you been! Long time no Fortran (or something
>> >like that).
>>
>> I'm guessing you were referring to the language developed by Ritchie and
>> Kernighan?
>
>Wow! I think you spelt them both right!

I used the Fortr^H^Hce.. :)

>Yes. I am!

I've been soundly drubbed for less than that..

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
|_________________________________________________________________

| Nice sensible hobbits stay with Smeagol.

Nancyj Lambing

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
In article <372E7913...@usa.net>, Ben <late...@usa.net> wrote:
>Jacob Skaaning wrote:
>> Ben wrote in message <372D230F...@usa.net>...
>> >
>> >Me too.
>>
>> A lot of people are mad at me. It seems, as quick as they get sunburned, I
>> get suntanned. On one day, I could see a remarkable difference between where
>> my watch was, and the other skin. Mmm...
>
>For me to tan, it would require that I be outside for no more than 15 minutes
>a day for at least 3 months. Then, it isn't really a tan, just a little bit
>less stark white.

For me to tan, I have to get burned, let it fade, get burned again, let
it fade, get burned again, let it fade... ad nauseum. Then by the end of
summer I might have enough of a tan that you can see that the top of my
arms is darker than the bottom, if you look reeeeeal closely :)
So I just remind myself that I don't have to worry about skin cancer as
much as people that try to stay tan all the time, and slather on the
sunblock :)

-Meg (President of Carpware Industries) >((>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Studio 42: http://www.pitt.edu/~nalst
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important
part of your life." (Brooke Shields)

Nancyj Lambing

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
In article <slrn7j06...@ferd2.thristian.org>,

Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:
>Stuff written by Motti:
>>*was* red and id *did* itch!
>
><ObRef>
>Do you know, you sound exactly like someone's broken your nose?
></ObRef>

TLDTTOTS! The waitress said it to Dirk, after that kid broke his nose.

Where's my points? :)

Screwtape

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99

Sorry, too specific. Pretty much *everyone* said it to Dirk... :)

'
| Screwtape | thri...@atdot.org | members.xoom.com/thristian
|_________________________________________________________________

| I've found that very little humour can be sqeezed into 64 chara

Nancyj Lambing

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
In article <slrn7jdc...@ferd2.thristian.org>,

Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:
>Nancyj Lambing schrieb:
>>In article <slrn7j06...@ferd2.thristian.org>,
>>Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:
>>>Stuff written by Motti:
>>>
>>><ObRef>
>>>Do you know, you sound exactly like someone's broken your nose?
>>></ObRef>
>>
>> TLDTTOTS! The waitress said it to Dirk, after that kid broke his nose.
>>
>> Where's my points? :)
>
>Sorry, too specific. Pretty much *everyone* said it to Dirk... :)

*grumble grumble* Can't I have just a few? I mean, I actually remembered
a SPECIFIC incident. Isn't that worth anything?
<making puppy eyes> Puh-leeeese!

_____________________________
/'''''''''''''', \ / "Who am I? What do I mean by 'who am I'?"
| ~ ',''
\_____)__________ /

Screwtape

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Nancyj Lambing schrieb:
>In article <slrn7jdc...@ferd2.thristian.org>,
>Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:
>>Nancyj Lambing schrieb:

>>> TLDTTOTS! The waitress said it to Dirk, after that kid broke his nose.
>>>
>>> Where's my points? :)
>>
>>Sorry, too specific. Pretty much *everyone* said it to Dirk... :)
>>

> *grumble grumble* Can't I have just a few? I mean, I actually remembered
>a SPECIFIC incident. Isn't that worth anything?
> <making puppy eyes> Puh-leeeese!

Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)

Have a point.

Oh, ok, and some change I've got jingling around.. make it a point fifty.

--
,-----------------------------------------------------------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------------

| "Woof!", said Timmy.

Colin D. Munro

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99

> Nancyj Lambing schrieb:
> >In article <slrn7jdc...@ferd2.thristian.org>,
> >Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:

> >>Sorry, too specific. Pretty much *everyone* said it to Dirk... :)
> >>

> > *grumble grumble* Can't I have just a few? I mean, I actually remembered
> >a SPECIFIC incident. Isn't that worth anything?
> > <making puppy eyes> Puh-leeeese!
>
> Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)

The lift said it, just before all the lifts went to the ground floor,
because the Frogstar fighters were about to remove a leg of the offices of
the guide.

> Have a point.

This would probably be the first one I've got.

> Oh, ok, and some change I've got jingling around.. make it a point fifty.

Erm

Colin Munro

Lloyd Gilbert

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
On Wed, 12 May 1999 19:48:53 +1000, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
wrote:

>Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)

Er, that's the lift isn't it? That took Zaphod and Marvin up to the
floor with Zarniwoops Office on it. Just before it (the lift) went and
hid in the basement.

Does that warrant a point?

Kenny Hutchings

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Colin D. Munro <colin...@nospam.com> wrote:

> The lift said it, just before all the lifts went to the ground floor,
> because the Frogstar fighters were about to remove a leg of the offices of
> the guide.

Nope. Not a lift. I'm afraid that's a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Happy Vertical People Transporter, and it bears about as much relation
to a wheels and pulleys, maximum capacity ten persons as a packet of
peanuts has to the entire west wing of the Sirius State mental hospital.

> > Have a point.
> >

> This would probably be the first one I've got.

Docked for inaccuracy. There, it's the first one you lost as well, now.

:o)

K.

Kenny Hutchings

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Uncle Lloyd <uncle.lloyd@%uncle_lloyd_nukes_spammers%.iname.com> wrote:

> >Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)
>
> Er, that's the lift isn't it? That took Zaphod and Marvin up to the
> floor with Zarniwoops Office on it. Just before it (the lift) went and
> hid in the basement.
>
> Does that warrant a point?

NO. See Colin's response. (Iain would agree with me here. Where is Iain,
anyway? IAIN? IAIN? WHERE ARE YOU? BACK ME UP HERE, BUDDY!)

K.

Nancyj Lambing

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
In article <slrn7jij...@ferd2.thristian.org>,

Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:
>Nancyj Lambing schrieb:
>>In article <slrn7jdc...@ferd2.thristian.org>,
>>Screwtape <thri...@atdot.org> wrote:

>>>Sorry, too specific. Pretty much *everyone* said it to Dirk... :)
>>>

>> *grumble grumble* Can't I have just a few? I mean, I actually remembered
>>a SPECIFIC incident. Isn't that worth anything?
>> <making puppy eyes> Puh-leeeese!
>
>Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)

:0 <--- my ascci robot (Bender, specifically :)

Darnit, I recognize that ref... oh, wasn't it the happy vertical people
lifter (or whatever it was called)?

>Have a point.

Why thank you.

>Oh, ok, and some change I've got jingling around.. make it a point fifty.

Woo-hoo! :)

-Meg |9 out of 10
|doctors agree
Visit Studio 42, and take Trillian's |the 10th doctor
Trivia Quiz: http://www.pitt.edu/~nalst |is a moron.

iain

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99

> Uncle Lloyd <uncle.lloyd@%uncle_lloyd_nukes_spammers%.iname.com> wrote:
>
> > >Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)
> >
> > Er, that's the lift isn't it? That took Zaphod and Marvin up to the
> > floor with Zarniwoops Office on it. Just before it (the lift) went and
> > hid in the basement.
> >
> > Does that warrant a point?
>
> NO. See Colin's response. (Iain would agree with me here. Where is Iain,
> anyway? IAIN? IAIN? WHERE ARE YOU? BACK ME UP HERE, BUDDY!)

i'm here! and yes, you're right.

Kenny also replied to Colin's message thus:

> Nope. Not a lift. I'm afraid that's a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
> Happy Vertical People Transporter, and it bears about as much relation
> to a wheels and pulleys, maximum capacity ten persons as a packet of
> peanuts has to the entire west wing of the Sirius State mental hospital.

i was going to point out that it's actually a packet of mixed nuts, but then
i checked, and found that it's peanuts in the radio series and mixed nuts in
the book... hmmm.

--
iain

ze...@tfz.net

"What's that meant to mean?"
"Nothing. It's just a form of finger exercise."

Colin D. Munro

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99

> Colin D. Munro <colin...@nospam.com> wrote:
>

> > The lift said it, just before all the lifts went to the ground floor,
> > because the Frogstar fighters were about to remove a leg of the offices
of
> > the guide.
> >
> Nope. Not a lift. I'm afraid that's a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
> Happy Vertical People Transporter, and it bears about as much relation
> to a wheels and pulleys, maximum capacity ten persons as a packet of
> peanuts has to the entire west wing of the Sirius State mental hospital.

And they refer to them as elevators anyway. And to me, lift and elevator
mean the same thing, since they both lift/elevate you to a different place.
Who said a lift had winches and pulleys? Surely a fork lift truck is a lift!
And my hands! And a catapult! :P

> > > Have a point.
> > >

> > This would probably be the first one I've got.
> >
> Docked for inaccuracy. There, it's the first one you lost as well, now.
>
> :o)

I'm having it back, thank you very much.

Colin Munro

iain

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99

Kenny Hutchings <kenny.h...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Uncle Lloyd <uncle.lloyd@%uncle_lloyd_nukes_spammers%.iname.com> wrote:
>
> > >Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)
> >
> > Er, that's the lift isn't it? That took Zaphod and Marvin up to the
> > floor with Zarniwoops Office on it. Just before it (the lift) went and
> > hid in the basement.
> >
> > Does that warrant a point?
>
> NO. See Colin's response. (Iain would agree with me here. Where is Iain,
> anyway? IAIN? IAIN? WHERE ARE YOU? BACK ME UP HERE, BUDDY!)

i'm here! and yes, you're right.

Kenny also replied to Colin's message thus:

> Nope. Not a lift. I'm afraid that's a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
> Happy Vertical People Transporter, and it bears about as much relation
> to a wheels and pulleys, maximum capacity ten persons as a packet of
> peanuts has to the entire west wing of the Sirius State mental hospital.

i was going to point out that it's actually a packet of mixed nuts, but then

i checked, and found that it's peanuts in the radio series and mixed nuts in
the book... hmmm.

--
iain

ze...@tfz.net

"What's that meant to mean?"
"Nothing. It's just a form of finger exercise."

ps. apologies if this came twice, my computer didn't want to play...

Lloyd Gilbert

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
On Wed, 12 May 1999 20:35:21 +0100, kenny.h...@virgin.net (Kenny
Hutchings) wrote:

>Uncle Lloyd <uncle.lloyd@%uncle_lloyd_nukes_spammers%.iname.com> wrote:
>
>> >Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)
>>
>> Er, that's the lift isn't it? That took Zaphod and Marvin up to the
>> floor with Zarniwoops Office on it. Just before it (the lift) went and
>> hid in the basement.
>>
>> Does that warrant a point?
>
>NO. See Colin's response. (Iain would agree with me here. Where is Iain,
>anyway? IAIN? IAIN? WHERE ARE YOU? BACK ME UP HERE, BUDDY!)
>

>K.

Fair enough. I was in the right area which is enough to satisfy me
even if I don't get a point.

Lloyd (easily pleased)

Screwtape

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
Lloyd Gilbert schrieb:

>On Wed, 12 May 1999 19:48:53 +1000, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
>wrote:
>
>>Well, OK, but only because I like your robot. (ObRef alert!)
>
>Er, that's the lift isn't it? That took Zaphod and Marvin up to the
>floor with Zarniwoops Office on it. Just before it (the lift) went and
>hid in the basement.
>
>Does that warrant a point?

Well, as other froupies have proven, it's *not* a lift.

But I'll give you three centavos and a Ningi.

--
,-----------------------------------------------------------------
| Screwtape | Return e-mail is munged | members.xoom.com/thristian
|-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ian Pert

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
May I ask where you keep your Ningis, assuming you have more than one.

Slartibartman

Screwtape <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote in message

Screwtape

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Ian Pert schrieb:

>Screwtape <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote in message
>> Well, as other froupies have proven, it's *not* a lift.
>>
>> But I'll give you three centavos and a Ningi.
>
>May I ask where you keep your Ningis, assuming you have more than one.
>
>Slartibartman

I keep them in orbit around a certain planet I own, but I can't fit enough to
own one Pu, since they keep hitting each other, bouncing off, and flying out of
orbit, gallavanting off into the universe at large..

--
,-----------------------------------------------------------------
| Screwtape | Return e-mail is munged | members.xoom.com/thristian
|-----------------------------------------------------------------

| "He was as hardened and embittered as a drop-forged lemon."

Lloyd Gilbert

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
On Sat, 15 May 1999 12:45:14 +1000, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
wrote:

>Lloyd Gilbert schrieb:

>>Does that warrant a point?
>

>Well, as other froupies have proven, it's *not* a lift.
>
>But I'll give you three centavos and a Ningi.

Just one Ningi? I'll never get enough at this rate...

Lloyd

Lloyd Gilbert

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
On Sat, 15 May 1999 16:37:39 -0300, "Ian Pert" <judy...@nbnet.nb.ca>
wrote:

>May I ask where you keep your Ningis, assuming you have more than one.
>
>Slartibartman

In a condom-holder (special edition)

Dave Adalian

Sep 9, 2021, 8:33:30 PM9/9/21
I'm back again. I've been... preoccupied for the last 22 years. Finally found a moment to check in. How is everyone?

Kerr-Mudd, John

Sep 10, 2021, 3:24:15 PM9/10/21
I refer the gentleman to Mr Hotblack's tax accountant.
--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.