THE WAR MAKER

Dave

Jul 8, 2014, 9:30:07 AM7/8/14
Not a bad new DOC. Action moves from Detroit to Florida to NYC to the North Pole. All the action on DOC and the guys (and Pat); no proxy hero chapters. Neat knowing DOC keeps a red suit trimmed with white fur in the Fortress of Solitude. To me, it ranks right about in the middle of Murray's new DOC's

dave

Kent Allard

Jul 8, 2014, 11:18:49 AM7/8/14
Put the Murray Docs on a scale. I'd be interested in how you rate them.

I'm all over on these.

Python Isle - Too long since I read this to rate it
White Eyes - Too long since I read this to rate it
The Frightened Fish - Too long since I read this to rate it
The Jade Ogre - Too long since I read this to rate it

Flight into Fear - 5 - I remember not liking this that much, it was a Dent nobel
repurposed as a Doc novel, which read fine as a late-era Doc story, but not too
many people like that era to begin with.

The Whistling Wraith - Too long since I read this to rate it

The Forgotten Realm - 10 - I really liked this one and I really hate "Lost
Civilization" Stories.

The Desert Demons - 4 - Villain wasn't too believable, nor his scheme. Alien
attack spores were also an unlikely weapon.

Horror in Gold - 6 - Again, didn't like the villains. A little too insane given
the circumstances.

The Infernal Buddha - 8 - I liked everything about this story except the
ending...

Death's Dark Domain - 4 - This one was all over the map. Just a mess.

Skull Island - 7 - I didn't like this one as much as everyone else did. Grampa
wasn't old enough to be the legend that was named after him. Daddy Savage could
have been more stoic and mysterious instead of a stern stick-in-the-mud. The
beginnings of Doc's not using guns not handled very well. Not enough cool Kong
scenes.

The Miracle Menace - Haven't finished this. Started out good, but a little slow
with the non-Doc chapters.

Phantom Lagoon - Haven't Got this yet.

The War Makers - Haven't Got this yet.

In article <e11b8d35-7a48-4c2c...@googlegroups.com>,