Fact Check: Did Democrat Whore Kamala Harris Plagiarize a Story From Martin Luther King Jr.?

Lickspittle Trump Propagandist Sean Hannity

Apr 4, 2021, 3:24:37 PM4/4/21
In addition to the growing pandemic, 2020 will be remembered for
the call for massive civil rights protests, as thousands across
the country marched in the name of Black Lives Matter that
ramped up after George Floyd's death at the hands of Minneapolis
police.

In October, now-Vice President-elect Kamala Harris was
interviewed in Elle Magazine about her fight for justice.

Overnight, the contents of the interview resurfaced on Twitter.
In her interview, Harris recounts a story about a civil rights
protest she attended with her parents as a toddler. Users on the
app began to question the validity of her story after citing a
resemblance to an anecdote from the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther
King Jr.

After the story gained traction among conservatives on Twitter,
it was picked up by news outlets such as Fox News, The Daily
Wire and Daily Caller.

The Claim
On Monday night, conservative pundit David Rubin shared side-by-
side screenshots of the Harris and King interviews.

His tweet accuses Harris of stealing her story about demanding
rights as a toddler at a protest from an anecdote King shared in
a 1965 Playboy interview.

The accusation first gained traction Monday night after an
interaction on Twitter between users Andray Domise and
@EnglesFreddie showed similarities between Harris' story and one
from a King interview decades earlier.

In the Elle interview, Ashley C. Ford leads with a story about
Harris' lifelong activism.

"Senator Kamala Harris started her life's work young," she
wrote. "She laughs from her gut, the way you would with family,
as she remembers being wheeled through an Oakland, California,
civil rights march in a stroller with no straps with her parents
and her uncle.

"At some point, she fell from the stroller (few safety
regulations existed for children's equipment back then), and the
adults, caught up in the rapture of protest, just kept on
marching. By the time they noticed little Kamala was gone and
doubled back, she was understandably upset."

I looked up to her and my father with bright eyes and uttered my
first full sentence: 'Fwee at last, fwee at last, thank God
almighty, we're fwee at last.'
Candace Owens
Then Harris shares, "My mother tells the story about how I'm
fussing and she's like, 'Baby, what do you want? What do you
need?' And I just looked at her and I said, 'Fweedom.'"

This story also appears in Harris' 2010 book, "Smart on Crime"
and her 2019 book "The Truths We Hold: An American Journey."

Harris' story shared similar details to this moment in King's
interview with Playboy:

"I never will forget a moment in Birmingham when a white
policeman accosted a little Negro girl, seven or eight years
old, who was walking in a demonstration with her mother. 'What
do you want?' the policeman asked her gruffly, and the little
girl looked him straight in the eye and answered, 'Fee-dom.' She
couldn't even pronounce it, but she knew. It was beautiful! Many
times when I have been in sorely trying situations, the memory
of that little one has come into my mind, and has buoyed me."

As #Fweedom trends on Twitter, many conservative pundits shared
their opinion on Harris' story. Candace Owens mocked Harris by
joking about her first words.

Harris' running mate, now-President-elect Joe Biden, has faced
plagiarism accusations in the past.

Reports that Biden used parts of speeches from other
politicians, exaggerated his past activism and plagiarized
papers in law school derailed his first presidential run in 1988.

During the vice presidential debate in October, Vice President
Pence accused Biden of copying parts of President Trump's
coronavirus response plans.

King's son, Martin Luther King III, declined to comment on the
accusation, instead bringing focus to the importance of protests
in the fight for civil justice.

"We need to ignore noise and political attacks and focus on what
is really important. African American families have been
marching for freedom for generations," he said. "As we march we
must continue to focus on the ultimate goal of eradicating
racism, poverty, and violence, which are central to achieving my
father's dream."

The Ruling
Unknown.

>From the evidence gathered since this accusation was made, it is
clear that Harris' story bears similarity to King's, but that in
itself does not warrant a plagiarism ruling.

In the interview, Harris states that the "fweedom" quote was
told to her by her mother.

She is a lying whore. Of course she plagiarized MLK.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-kamala-harris-plagiarize-
story-martin-luther-king-jr-1559091