Digimon is DEAD!!!

Gene Stonerly

Dec 28, 2008, 5:37:00 PM12/28/08
This group is DEAD, just spam in here. That proves that Digimon is
DEAD as a doornail and you should let it rest in peace.

Please let it rest in peace and close this group!!!

Chet Weaver, Beleif You Can Change In

Dec 30, 2008, 7:07:35 PM12/30/08

"Gene Stonerly" <stolen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> This group is DEAD, just spam in here. That proves that Digimon is
> DEAD as a doornail and you should let it rest in peace.
>
> Please let it rest in peace and close this group!!!

I think the condition of this group says more about the state of Usenet than
of Digimon. Admittedly, I don't know how strong the fandom is since I hang
out here rather than on web-based message boards, but I think I know a board
or two I could direct you to if you're interested. It's probably more
popular in Japan, though.

-- Chet Weaver

"So what if he's richer and more powerful than me? I'm really good at card
games, and that's all that really matters!"
-- Chaz, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

"It's the abominable snowman! And I don't think he appreciates my honesty!"
- Shaggy, "Chill Out, Scooby Doo"

"The camera lobotomizes whoever you point it at. They lose their capacity
for judgement."
- Stephen Colbert

... holy crap, this sig's old...

JMShearer

Jan 6, 2009, 7:47:27 PM1/6/09
On Dec 30 2008, 6:07 pm, "Chet Weaver, Beleif You Can Change In"
<zeroo...@aim.com> wrote:
> "Gene Stonerly" <stolen_ene...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > This group is DEAD, just spam in here. That proves that Digimon is
> > DEAD as a doornail and you should let it rest in peace.
>
> > Please let it rest in peace and close this group!!!
>
> I think the condition of this group says more about the state of Usenet than
> of Digimon.  Admittedly, I don't know how strong the fandom is since I hang
> out here rather than on web-based message boards, but I think I know a board
> or two I could direct you to if you're interested.  It's probably more
> popular in Japan, though.
>
> -- Chet Weaver

I can agree with that assessment. Speaking entirely for myself here,
Digimon pretty much came and went with season three. But I'm just one
guy in the US. I can't really speak for other folks in other parts of
the world.

Still, just out of curiosity, I think it would be nice to see those
other boards. It's nice to see there's still a legitimate post or two
here every now and then.
--Jesse Shearer

Chet Weaver, Beleif You Can Change In

Jan 8, 2009, 6:21:25 PM1/8/09

> "JMShearer" <ambasos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 30 2008, 6:07 pm, "Chet Weaver, Beleif You Can Change In"
> <zeroo...@aim.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think the condition of this group says more about the state of Usenet
> > than
> > of Digimon. Admittedly, I don't know how strong the fandom is since I
> > hang
> > out here rather than on web-based message boards, but I think I know a
> > board
> > or two I could direct you to if you're interested. It's probably more
> > popular in Japan, though.
> >

> I can agree with that assessment. Speaking entirely for myself here,
> Digimon pretty much came and went with season three. But I'm just one
> guy in the US. I can't really speak for other folks in other parts of
> the world.

I thought season four was decent. Disney Channel made it difficult to keep
track of Data Squad, though.

> Still, just out of curiosity, I think it would be nice to see those
> other boards. It's nice to see there's still a legitimate post or two
> here every now and then.
> --Jesse Shearer

http://withthewill.net/

That's the only one I know of. I could do a Google Search, but I'm not in
the mood right now.

-- Chet Weaver

"So what if he's richer and more powerful than me? I'm really good at card
games, and that's all that really matters!"
-- Chaz, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

"It's the abominable snowman! And I don't think he appreciates my honesty!"
- Shaggy, "Chill Out, Scooby Doo"

"The camera lobotomizes whoever you point it at. They lose their capacity
for judgement."
- Stephen Colbert

I need to put some Digimon data down here...

JMShearer

Jan 9, 2009, 1:07:27 AM1/9/09
On Jan 8, 5:21 pm, "Chet Weaver, Beleif You Can Change In"

<zeroo...@aim.com> wrote:

> > I can agree with that assessment.  Speaking entirely for myself here,
> > Digimon pretty much came and went with season three.  But I'm just one
> > guy in the US.  I can't really speak for other folks in other parts of
> > the world.
>
> I thought season four was decent.  Disney Channel made it difficult to keep
> track of Data Squad, though.

That's one reason I missed it.

> > Still, just out of curiosity, I think it would be nice to see those
> > other boards.  It's nice to see there's still a legitimate post or two
> > here every now and then.
> > --Jesse Shearer
>
> http://withthewill.net/
>
> That's the only one I know of.  I could do a Google Search, but I'm not in
> the mood right now.
>
> -- Chet Weaver

Thanks. I think I've heard of them but never bothered to really look
them up.
--Jesse