Devo Albums

Adrian305

Feb 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/3/97

In addition to the ones you listed, don't forget:

Now it can be told
Devo Live
Hardcore Devo vol. 1
Hardcore Devo vol. 2
Devo live: The mongoloid years

rev. adrian, keeper of the punishment comb.
"satan is his father, and his name is adrian!" --rosemary's baby

Paz 32

Feb 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/3/97

Does anyone know exactly how many albums Devo actually put out, it seems
that I keep finding new ones. I presently have 9, are there more???

Are we not men?
Duty now for the future.
Freedom of choice
New Traditionalist
Oh No! Its Devo!
Shout
Total Devo
Smooth Noodle Map
Greatest Misses and Hits

M. Chapman

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97
Don't forget Smart Patrol, the latest pittance. Let's see a CD of new
stuff, eh?

Mitch Thomas

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

Are we not men?
Duty now for the future.
Freedom of choice
New Traditionalist
Oh No! Its Devo!
Shout
Total Devo
Smooth Noodle Map
Greatest Misses and Hits
Now it can be told
Devo Live
Hardcore Devo vol. 1
Hardcore Devo vol. 2
Devo live: The mongoloid years
Smart Patrol Soundtrack
Hot Potatoes
EZ Listening CD
That's just the stuff that's out on CD and legal.
Mitch/OCCUPANT

JonYo

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

In article <5d8odf$a...@news.inforamp.net>, cgo...@inforamp.net (cyrus
gordon) wrote:

> As a vinyl afficienado I must protest the omission of 1978's "Be
> Stiff," a 6-song compilation of Devo singles released on the feisty
> U.K. Stiff Records label.

Hey yeah, and the version of Social Fools on there is the best version
anywhere, methinks. Spazztempo, as it should be. "ONE-two!"

- JonYo (jo...@wenet.net)

cyrus gordon

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

As a vinyl afficienado I must protest the omission of 1978's "Be
Stiff," a 6-song compilation of Devo singles released on the feisty
U.K. Stiff Records label.

"You know that's pep...."

CG

Rory Prendergast

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

I count ten, paz. (not counting hits and misses as one)
And you're missing the hardcores and some others. They have a whole
buncha buncha burnin poop for us to delve into.

Anyway, there's a lot of crezzy singles and maxi-singles and stuff. It
seems like there's so much, and I just don't have time or resource to
start collecting those. Plusplus, there's a bunch of bootlegs
available.

The other day, I picked up He/She/It's Devo for 15 bux at a rip off
record store (but it was still in plastic from 1977, so hey). If anyone
has this record and can understand it (baaad sound quality), please post
some lyrics for that song nutty buddy (billed as get your I.D., but Mark
says Nutty Buddy after it.)

That's a great song.

And I think there's someone else who posts here from univeristy of
Illinois. Now the records are somewhere in town and there's like two
more bootlegs floating around. They're mine. Don't even think about
taking them before my next pay period. I'll vanquish you!

Does anyone out there thing "The men who make the music" double LP is
worth 25 bux in excellent condition?

Paz 32 wrote:

> Does anyone know exactly how many albums Devo actually put out, it seems
> that I keep finding new ones. I presently have 9, are there more???

jeffw

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

Rory Prendergast wrote:

> The other day, I picked up He/She/It's Devo for 15 bux at a rip off
> record store (but it was still in plastic from 1977, so hey).

$15 is NOT a rip-off for a BOOTLEG VINYL RECORD made 20 YEARS AGO!!!

(Wouldn't a new CD - like "Hootie&The Blowfish" be around $15?)

> some lyrics for that song nutty buddy (billed as get your I.D., but Mark
> says Nutty Buddy after it.)

Dang it! Why does everyone always assume it's MARK talking? It's
almost always Jerry who talks during shows! (AND interviews! And I bet
Jerry's done an equal amount of lead-vocalising too. Especially in the
early days.)

> Does anyone out there thing "The men who make the music" double LP is
> worth 25 bux in excellent condition?

Yes! I think it's worth more! 2 AUSTRALIAN VINYL BOOTLEG ALBUMS
(circa 1978)? Definately.

The Nixtr

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

QUOTING:

$15 is NOT a rip-off for a BOOTLEG VINYL RECORD made 20 YEARS AGO!!!

(Wouldn't a new CD - like "Hootie&The Blowfish" be around $15?)

RESPONSE: A CD of snooty and the bowmes would run around $18! It's
pathetic that CD-s cost so much these days when:

1) the music of the 90's sucks!
B) they're cheaper to produce than cassettes (and gettingcheaper)
4) Is it no wonder that people are going to used CD places to ge their
music? And the "let's share everything" big-name commie music stars are
trying to stop America from buying used CDs because they don't ge tpaid
for it!!!
--
The Nixtr *** Transformer Fan ***
Susan Smith is Pro-Choice!

Darian Holtsman/Barbara O'Shea

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97
devo64 writes:

hey spuds! i am the last tater on the sphere to find my way into here! i
have a couple things to comment on. the first is an album i have.i
thought the band made it but after reading all the posts here i guess it
must be a bootleg. it's called "sing if you're glad to be D-E-V-O!" and
also says "devonia" on the back i am including the label for
examination. the album maker is "rubber robot" records and the disc is
number "RR-003" the label is literally scotch-taped to the jacket and
the song titles are pencilled onto the paper label on the album itself.
woof. also, i have an english '45 with a non-album "B"-side. it's called
"turnaround" and was covered by nirvana on their album "incesticide" but
has it ever been put on a domestic album? thanx.

devo64
dev...@gxl.com

Devonia.bmp

Nelson Fernandez

Feb 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/6/97

15 bucks! I paid 30 for it just a few years ago!!

Quality is pretty bad, but it sounds like it was one hell of a show (I
can't get enough live versions of Soo Bawls!)

Rory Prendergast <pren...@uiuc.edu> wrote:

>record store (but it was still in plastic from 1977, so hey). If anyone
>has this record and can understand it (baaad sound quality), please post

Rory Prendergast

Feb 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/6/97

The reason I think it's Mark is quite silly. My record player is very
slow, so I rigged it up to play faster using scotch tape on one of the
mechanisms. Now it plays a bit too fast. It really *sounds* like Mark
from what I can make out, which isn't the bulk of the album.

And I'm sure old Gerald doesn't need defense. His raw talent is enough.

jeffw wrote:

> Rory Prendergast wrote:
> >
> > The other day, I picked up He/She/It's Devo for 15 bux at a rip off

> > record store (but it was still in plastic from 1977, so hey).
>

> $15 is NOT a rip-off for a BOOTLEG VINYL RECORD made 20 YEARS AGO!!!
>
> (Wouldn't a new CD - like "Hootie&The Blowfish" be around $15?)
>

> > some lyrics for that song nutty buddy (billed as get your I.D., but Mark
> > says Nutty Buddy after it.)

Mark Fairbairn

Feb 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/7/97

Also....
There was a New Zealand, Australia only release in 1988 called 'Devo-Best
Of.'
The only greatest hits album to include 'Uncontrollable Urge' I think.

gf...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/9/97

"Turn Around" was the English B-side to "Girl U Want", but the U.S.
B-side to "Whip It" & beats both its A-sides. Never appeared on LP.
Glad Nirvana revived it.

Elmoticklr

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

hi no one mentioned Heavy Metal soundtrack I loved the bar scene w/
we're thru being cool. does that count as a devo album ?

Lawrence Kivlin

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

Hi

I've been into devo for about 12 years now and have every album that s been
released here (Britain) I think. The last album I managed to get my paws on
was smooth noodle maps. can any one tell me if there are others that come
after this and if so what they're called and what the catalogue number is.

Larwence Kivlin
k...@netcom.co.uk

P.S I noticed a couple of spams on the group, Doesn't that get on nerves.
I run a campaign against unsolicited email with a site at

www.netcomuk.co.uk/~kiv/

take a look and join in the fun.

mpai...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2014, 1:30:09 AM9/14/14
Album: He/She/Or/It's/Devo
1977

Track 1: Nutty Buddy aka Get Your ID

Not much info about this song or the other rare songs on that early record.

Does anyone have the lyrics to Nutty Buddy (and the other rare tracks) on this album?

joseph.w...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2014, 8:34:10 PM10/20/14
Wow, talk about bringing a thread back from the DEAD! :-)