Now THIS is weird

Frank Einstien

Jan 10, 2002, 1:21:33 PM1/10/02
I'm sure that they don't know how it relates to DEVO, but just tale a
look. It's weird.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005RRG1/ref=pd_gw_tst_3/104-8467069-7903126

Eric Nordmeyer

Jan 11, 2002, 4:01:48 AM1/11/02
Indeed!

"Frank Einstien" <neidermey...@kornkids.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

MongoLloyd

Jan 11, 2002, 4:05:27 AM1/11/02

Frank Einstien wrote in message
<476f72e0.02011...@posting.google.com>...

Here in Australia The Wiggles are *big* business. One of the guys got voted
"most eligible Australian bachelor of the year" by some big magazine a few
years ago. They are all billionaires now and will soon be buying up large
quantities of real estate in America for their DEViOus purposes. Watch out
for Captain Feathersword, he's damn handy with that feather!

The group are actually pretty strange and I would not be surprised at all if
the spuds were an influence. They are a kiddies' band of course, but
occasionally they'll pop up on a mainstream adult program and fuck with our
minds. Like recently they did a song on a late night chat show here and
every so often during the piece they would all stop and activate this James
Brown doll that would wiggle around and sing a few bars of "Sugar and
Spice", and then play along as if nothing unusual were going on. They
certainly have stagecraft.

Kevin Steele

Jan 11, 2002, 7:04:55 AM1/11/02
In article <476f72e0.02011...@posting.google.com>,
neidermey...@kornkids.com says...

> I'm sure that they don't know how it relates to DEVO, but just tale a
> look. It's weird.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005RRG1/ref=pd_gw_tst_3/104-8467069-7903126

My kids (4 and 2 years old) _love_ the Wiggles. The Wiggles' outfits
make them look like a bunch of old-school Trekkies, but their songs are
a lot catchier than anything the big purple dinosaur has ever sung. Some
of their stuff is very devolved...they've even got puppet versions of
themselves that sing "house" versions of their regular songs.
Wonderfully weird stuff...

If I've got to watch kiddie videos, this Spud chooses the Wiggles. ;-)

--
Kevin Steele Steele Writing Services
WARNING: E-mail address in header is a "mail trap" for spam.

Little She

Jan 14, 2002, 2:12:23 AM1/14/02
Kevin Steele <mail...@usa.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.16a89effc...@news1.news.adelphia.net>...

> In article <476f72e0.02011...@posting.google.com>,
> neidermey...@kornkids.com says...
> > I'm sure that they don't know how it relates to DEVO, but just tale a
> > look. It's weird.
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005RRG1/ref=pd_gw_tst_3/104-8467069-7903126

Trust me, they do (or at least jeff and tony do).

> My kids (4 and 2 years old) _love_ the Wiggles. The Wiggles' outfits
> make them look like a bunch of old-school Trekkies, but their songs are
> a lot catchier than anything the big purple dinosaur has ever sung. Some
> of their stuff is very devolved...they've even got puppet versions of
> themselves that sing "house" versions of their regular songs.
> Wonderfully weird stuff...
>
> If I've got to watch kiddie videos, this Spud chooses the Wiggles. ;-)

I'ld rather listen to the Cockroaches (God I'm funny).

- Little She

www.teqz.net

Kevin Steele

Jan 14, 2002, 7:09:36 AM1/14/02
In article <9782843f.02011...@posting.google.com>,
te...@excite.com.au says...

> Kevin Steele <mail...@usa.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.16a89effc...@news1.news.adelphia.net>...
>
> Trust me, they do (or at least jeff and tony do).

Are you saying Jeff and Tony of the Wiggles are Devo fans? That would
explain a lot...

> > If I've got to watch kiddie videos, this Spud chooses the Wiggles. ;-)
>
> I'ld rather listen to the Cockroaches (God I'm funny).

Haven't heard of them -- are they Australian?

> - Little She
>
> www.teqz.net

Little She

Jan 14, 2002, 3:06:11 PM1/14/02
> Are you saying Jeff and Tony of the Wiggles are Devo fans? That would
> explain a lot...

I'm positive I've seen this written somewhere. I believe they
nominated Devo as one of their influences.

> > > If I've got to watch kiddie videos, this Spud chooses the Wiggles. ;-)
> >
> > I'ld rather listen to the Cockroaches (God I'm funny).
>
> Haven't heard of them -- are they Australian?

The Cockroaches were an Australian saccharine pop band from the 80s.
Some of the guys from the Cockroaches formed the Wiggles and the rest,
as they say, is history.

BTW - "Blue Wiggle" won a recent nation-wide magazine competition for
Australia's most eligible bachelor. Apparently one of the reasons for
their (Wiggly) popularity is that "mothers don't mind repeated
attendance at concerts as they can check out the band's butts while
the kids sing along to the 'Mashed Potato.'"

- Little She

littleshe @ evilpixies . com