North Central Institute for Spuds

just john

Mar 11, 2011, 5:36:31 PM3/11/11
In a fan group for the teevee show "NCIS," somebody posted about seeing
a car with an NCIS sticker on it in Idaho. He was asking what the Navy
(the "N" in "NCIS" is for "Naval") would be doing up there. I guessed
he was joking, there being other NCISs in the world.

So somebody else proposed "North Central Institute for Spuds" which
struck me as a DANDY name for a Devo fan group that also liked that
teevee show.

Before saying that in reply, I Googled the name, just in case it really
existed. Evidently, it doesn't, BUT results came up with some info that
answers a question or two each of us may have had over the past four
decades.

*Spud Institute & Spud Fest - Idaho Falls*

> Dawn Wells, well known for her role as "Mary Ann" on the television
> series "Gilligan's Island" is bringing the film industry to Idaho.
> For the last few years Dawn has operated the "Film Actors Boot Camp"
> at her ranch in Driggs, where she shares her passion for filmmaking
> and helps others develop their talents. Now, Dawn is expanding her
> business endeavors through the development of the "Spud Institute"
> and a film and music festival called "Spud Fest." Last year she
> turned to the Idaho Falls SBDC for help in developing her new
> businesses. The Spud Institute is a training program that helps
> aspiring film crew and cast students acquire skills. The program,
> which is accredited through Stephens College in Missouri, allows
> students to obtain college credits while developing a local film crew
> that will help attract film and advertising companies to Idaho.

http://www.idahosbdc.org/DocumentMaster.aspx?doc=1111

(And that's a multiple of 11, NOT 111.)
--
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/jjMusic

Jewellyen "//" Waldbe = tapes

Mar 14, 2013, 7:16:22 PM3/14/13
The Navy is a farmer in Africa making potatoes in the rice fields.

--
posturing ellipse

Stompanoogie

Mar 14, 2013, 8:06:05 PM3/14/13
On Mar 14, 7:16 pm, "Jewellyen \"//\" Waldbe = tapes"
My recruiter screwed me too.