Are the Republicans trying to bankrupt the USA?

Iconoclast

Oct 9, 2008, 4:53:50 PM10/9/08
A question a sensible person has got to start asking himself is this:
ARE THE REPUBLICANS TRYING TO BANKRUPT THE UNITED STATES?

You would think that nobody would be stupid enough to think that
the huge deficits the U.S. Government has built up under Republican
control would not eventually lead to the financial problems we are
having today.
The Republicans, the "pharisees" or our day, have undercut the value of
the U.S. dollar so severely by their endless deficit spending and
printing of currency to pay the interest on the debt, that you have to
believe they knew these problems were coming. After the Clinton
presidency, when we had a trillion dollar surplus, the time was ripe to
pay down the debt. But the pathetic clown G.W. Bush, who inherited the
surplus, decided to blow it all on a tax-cut which mostly benefited the
wealthy, and a useless war which has needlessly cost the lives of many
young Americans and plunged us further into debt.
The rich and the powerful, those people the Republicans have sold their
collective souls to empower, are now buying commodities like gold and
silver, real estate, collector automobiles, antiques, fine art and other
collectibles at an unprecedented rate. These are the things that will
still have value if our currency and all stocks and bonds become
worthless like they did during the Great Depression.
This begs the question- Do the big-spending Republicans intend to drive
America into bankruptcy so that we can "start over again", like we did
during the Great Depression? The only part of their colossally ignorant
constituency who will benefit from their scheme- the rich- are probably
well prepared for it. Are you?

Doorman

Oct 9, 2008, 6:04:42 PM10/9/08
You forgot, yesterday, the democrats controlled congress.....

banking oversight
write the lending/banking laws

Democrats are the ones getting campaign contributions right now, not Bush.

astr...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2008, 6:13:04 PM10/9/08

Gotta defend that piece of shit to this day, why the fuck do you think
we are in this mess. You fagots never kept YOU leader in check, held
the Republicans to no level of integrity. We pay for YOU peoples total
incompetence and willing lack of oversight.

You people won't even hold Bush to do anything beneficial before he
leaves office. You idiots fucking such shit.

Doorman

Oct 10, 2008, 12:44:28 PM10/10/08

<astr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Paulson is only charged with following the law created by congress...they
had years to rewrite the laws....and like Barney Frank said, "leave Fanny
Mae alone, it's working as designed".

The democrats need financial ruin to socialize America.