Coming Soon? Full Names? LinkedIn Profiles?

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Nov 19, 2013, 10:14:49 AM11/19/13
Coming soon?

The full names of those who actually think that 20 years back Usenet posts
are actually a valid background check to go as far as to "undeploy" a worker
from working at a company? I know who they are, and shall I can add their
LinkedIn public profiles too?

Recall that the definition of undeployed at that company means a person is
banned from working there, either up to a year's suspension from future work
there or else permanently, depending on who does the undeploying.

What do sites such as Ars Technica, Slashdot, and The Register have to say
about it? Well, they haven't said anything about that, to any significant
extent, that I can find. Slashdot at most mentioned Google's 20 year Usenet
archive. No site that I know of has mentioned someone from being undeployed
at a company for archived Usenet posts.

Anyway, as soon as it is confirmed that any person was fired and undeployed
from their company... well, the names known to involved in the firing and
undeployment go up--on this newsgroup and crossposted to related Usenet
sites relevant to their company--on a worldwide, open (read: non-password
protected), distributed network. That's what Usenet is! Also, they need to
remember that about Usenet--it requires a court order to remove the posts
from Google's Usenet archives. However, what about other Usenet archives
lesser known (such as the former netscan.research.microsoft.com and fairly
recent www.nnseek.com )? Netscan isn't up anymore but that doesn't mean
Microsoft doesn't still have the posts and still isn't archiving. NNSeek is
more recent, and I don't see that Usenet posts in their archive can be
removed at all at this time.

Let's see if it's actually worth the risk on their part. Make no mistake, I
will go through with my promise to post full names and LinkedIn profiles if
they f**k up someone's work reputation over Usenet posts. So, the smart
thing to do would be to stop with their so-called "new employee on-board
process" involving digging through someone's complete Usenet post history if
they value their own company's reputation. The person(s) involved in that
clearly identify themselves in their LinkedIn public profiles--so it's
trivially easy to find out who they are online.

From what I also hear, talking about undeploying someone may be a form of
"hazing"--that they are not going to actually undeploy someone, but they
keep saying it to mess with them about the archived Usenet posts. That too
is unacceptable by their own business standards--clearly against their
Standards Of Business Conduct--and any such hazing will also merit posting
their names as hazing about undeployment. Should that occur, then it will be
posted here, crossposted to relevant newsgroups to their company.

Oh, and if I'm wrong, then it's perfectly acceptable to post here,
correcting any errors on my part. Otherwise, who really gives a f**k about
the archived Usenet posts.

That will be all, until I hear of anything further.

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Nov 21, 2013, 8:28:24 AM11/21/13
Okay, not just Usenet now. I learn of any or all of the following, full
names (if known, otherwise at least first names) and LinkedIn public
profiles (if available) are going to be posted.

This includes any sort of "hazing" including:

* Discussion of undeployment intended to scare someone into thinking it is
their last day and they will be fired (e.g., discussion about "I want them
out", "this is their last day", "okay we will undeploy them") when no such
undeployment is actually going to occur.

* Attempting to make it seem like any discussion about someone is in their
head when such discussion is clearly audible in the nearby office cubicles
(i.e., claims of any sort of mental illness).

* Ridicule -- at least one occurrence has been discovered that a software
engineer was making fun of someone with comics they made and possibly even
posting those comics online.

* Name calling/nicknames -- so far one incident has been discovered where
one directly shouted a nickname at somone else from another building on that
company's campus.

I shouldn't have had to write about such workplace dynamics, but now that I
have--and if it continues--I will provide as many details as I can recall
from memory both past and recent.

Prove I'm wrong about any of this, prove I'm making it up, otherwise, what I
posted is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Followups are
allowed, as is the way Usenet works.

That will be all. Next post, if I have to, if names and LinkedIn profiles.
Also, crossposted to the company's relevant newsgroups.

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." <dwro...@nethere.comNOSPAM> wrote in message