Politics, technology, and predictions, and more

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Jul 17, 2013, 7:11:34 AM7/17/13
Politics: yeah, go read some of my earlier posts and see how right I was
about some issues, and how wrong I was about other issues. Some points were
addressed more maturely than others. That's the way politics goes, deal with
it, that's Usenet.

Technology: though my original intent of being a game designer did not
happen, I did follow video game technology anyway so that I am current with
today's PC games and console games. I learned enough in college to
understand and read development code, even if I read it better than I write
it. I also follow several technology websites relevant to other technologies
such as mobile devices.

Predictions: go read some of my predictions for amusement rides--such as
over-the-shoulder restraints on Perilous Plunge boats (before the ride was
removed), for world issues (such as with Saddam Hussein), even for
entertainment (such as making a Lord of the Rings movie).

And more: Google makes it possible to dig up embarrassing and immature posts
with the correct search criteria. Flame wars happen. Some win, some lose. So
what? Big deal. Get over it. Move on. Some continue with the group, while
others lose interest and quit the group. Welcome to Usenet.

In summary: I don't necessarily consider myself a visionary, but I wasn't
and still am not a total idiot either. Judge my posts as part of a job
"background check", and do I really want to work for someone who will use
that against me anyway?