Invitations to accounts other than gmail are not being delivered

Franz J

Jun 23, 2012, 2:45:37 PM6/23/12
I haver formed several Google Groups. In the past, it used to be easy
to add members: there was an option to add them directly. I never had
one single problema.

At present, such option is gone. You need to invite new members. And
once they have been invited once, they will not be able to be invited
again.

Well, some of my invited persons have complained that the invitations
NEVER get to them, either to the regular inbox or to the spam box.
This happened with domain me.com and other domains that aren't
popular.

So, what's new? Does this mean if you want to belong to a google
group, you need to have a gmail account?