Another change to post removal

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Mar 26, 2011, 5:09:31 AM3/26/11
Pretty much suggests that old posts can't be removed for old e-mail
addresses. Notice that the previous reference to a court order is missing in
this version of the support answer.

http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=186852

[quote]

Removing my old Usenet posts

There are two ways to remove your old Usenet posts depending on whether you
have access to the email address used to originally post the message.

I have the email address

If you do have the email address, sign in to Google Groups with that email
address, then follow the same procedures as removing a normal Google Groups
post:

Click More options, next to the date of your post.

Under the subject line, click Remove.

Select Yes, remove it now, then click "Confirm".

I don't have my email address

If you have forgotten your username or password to a Groups account, you can
try to recover it through our Account Recovery Form. As Google does not
control, but only archives Usenet newsgroups, we cannot verify obsolete
email addresses or recover email addresses and passwords from other
providers.

[/quote]

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Mar 26, 2011, 5:11:21 AM3/26/11
And to be more specific, meaning old e-mail addresses that never before had
a Google Groups account. Which would more or less be everyone from before
the time where Google Groups ever even existed from the start.

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." <dwro...@nethere.comNOSPAM> wrote in message