Search quality: Groups search results should be in reverse chronological order

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Feb 5, 2011, 2:04:50 PM2/5/11
As the subject says, if I do a Groups search, I get old posts too
often--sometimes those are flamewars--instead of the most recent posts I am
looking for in a given topic.

What I would like to see is the default for search results be the most
recent posts. Ideally, those posts should also not be defamation or flamewar
posts just because someone mentioned someone by name or username. If I want
to see the old posts, I can always use the advanced search.