Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 4, 2005, 8:32:59 AM4/4/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
she had been so eager in her longings for death, as it argued want
of such a resignation to God as ought to be. She seemed henceforward to

After this, her illness increased upon her: and once after she had
before spent the greater part of the night in extreme pain, she waked
out of a little sleep with these words in her heart and mouth; "I am
willing to suffer for Christ's sake, I am willing to spend and be spent
for Christ's sake; I am willing to spend my life, even my very life, for
Christ's sake!" And though she had an extraordinary resignation with
respect to life or death, yet the thoughts of dying were exceeding sweet
to her. At a time when her brother was reading in Job, concerning worms
feeding on the dead body, she appeared with a pleasant smile; and being
asked about it, she said, It was sweet to her to think of her being in
such circumstances. At another time, when her brother mentioned the
danger there seemed to be, that the illness she labored under might be
an occasion of her death, it filled her with joy that almost overcame
her. At another time, when she met a company following a corpse to the
grave, she said, it was sweet to her to think that they would in a
little time follow her in like manner.

Her illness, in the latter part of it, was seated much in her throat;
and an inward swelling filled up the pipe, so that she could swallow
nothing but what was perfectly liquid and but very little of that, with
great and long strugglings. That which she took in fl