Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 3, 2005, 9:52:26 PM4/3/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

oiglra.htm

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 4, 2005, 9:13:39 AM4/4/05

159. Noble deeds are most estimable when hidden. When I see some of these in
history, they please me greatly. But after all they have not been quite
hidden, since they have been known; and though people have done what they
could to hide them, the little publication of them spoils all, for what was
best in them was the wish to hide them.

160. Sneezing absorbs all the functions of the soul, as well as work does;
but we do not draw therefrom the same conclusions against the greatness of
man, because it is against his will. And although we bring it on ourselves,
it is nevertheless against our will that we sneeze. It is not in view of the
act itself; it is for another end. And thus it is not a proof of the
weakness of man and of his slavery under that action.

It is not disgraceful for man to yield to pain, and it is disgraceful to
yield to pleasure. This is not because pain comes to us from without, and we
ourselves seek pleasure; for it is possible to seek pain, and yield to it
purposely, without this kind of baseness. Whence comes it, then, that reason
thinks it honourable to succumb under stress of pain, and disgraceful to
yield to the attack of pleasure? It is because pain does not tempt and
attract us. It is we ourselves who choose it voluntarily, and will it to
prevail over us. So that we are masters of the situation; and in this man
yields to himself. But in pleasure it is man who yields to pleasure. Now
only mastery and sovereignty bring glory, and only slavery brings shame.

161. Vanity.--How wonderful it is that a thing so evident as the vanity of
the world is so little known, that it is a strange and surprising thing to
say that it is foolish to seek greatness?

162. He who will know fully the vanity of man has only to consider the
causes and effec