alt.fan.kevin-tom.slackers moderation

Edw...@alt.fan.kevin-tom.slackers

Jul 23, 2007, 8:19:55 PM7/23/07

but there were no available slots. Not enough funding.

Law enforcement drug hysteria. Decades of Drug War.

Those rumor-level stories about our government encouraging
drugs to reach the inner cities were weird.

Remember, we've been having a Drug War for four decades now.

I guess there is a certain logic to it. Obviously the government is into
hysteria on the matter: it is then possible that they would want to continue
having a drug problem so they could continue the hysteria.

Even the Attorney General was drooling over drug forfeiture dollars, to the
point of shunting aside other cases.

Recently...

: CBS 60 Minutes, Steve Croft reporting.
:
: Remember that story of the hero customs agent snagging a tanker truck full
: of cocaine? There is a strange twist to the story.
:
: The Federal agent's manager repeatedly tried to interfere with him making
: the bust.
:
: The agent's dog had flagged the truck; the agent weighed it and found a
: discrepancy. His manager said it must be in the tires. You can only check
: the tires for drugs he was told.
:
: But the agent persisted, and made the bust. His manager let the driver
: of the truck leave. The driver literally fled on foot back to Mexico.

What the hell was that about???

Was it a single corrupt Federal agent?

: CBS 60 Minutes, Steve Croft reporting.
:
: Standing at a fence about a hundred feet from the U.S. Customs lanes,
: Steve Croft and an ex-agent with a walkie-talkie tuned to the right
: frequency began videotaping the border crossings.
:
: Truck after truck drove right through the individual Customs lanes,
: not even stopping. "Nafta express lanes" explained the ex-agent.
:
: Truck after truck drove straight into the U.S. unmonitored.
:
: T