The Failed Obama Administration

Ernst Blofeld

Jan 20, 2009, 12:02:48 PM1/20/09
First.

Stevie Nichts

Jan 20, 2009, 2:35:08 PM1/20/09
On Jan 20, 12:02�pm, Ernst Blofeld <blofel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> First.

Hrmph.

gjoh...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2009, 3:03:55 PM1/20/09

Now you guys need to demand that he be impeached because of some
imaginary crimes.

Ernst Blofeld

Jan 20, 2009, 4:09:04 PM1/20/09

He can't be impeached. He's not president because he didn't correctly
execute the oath of office, and thus has not been sworn in in
accordance with the constitution.

Also, the flag in the background had gold fringe, making this an
admiralty proceeding and therefore invalid when on land.

Stevie Nichts

Jan 21, 2009, 7:23:39 AM1/21/09

We'll wait until you guys have broken ground for the
Obama Memorial.

Ernst Blofeld

Jan 21, 2009, 12:13:13 PM1/21/09
On Jan 20, 1:09 pm, Ernst Blofeld <blofel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> He can't be impeached. He's not president because he didn't correctly
> execute the oath of office, and thus has not been sworn in in
> accordance with the constitution.

Not my President!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/20/MNAF15E20I.DTL
---
Several constitutional lawyers said President Obama should, just to be
safe, retake the oath of office that was flubbed by Chief Justice John
Roberts.

The 35-word oath is explicitly prescribed in the Constitution, Article
II, Section 1, which begins by saying the president "shall" take the
oath "before he enter on the execution of his office."

The oath reads: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute
the office of president of the United States and will to the best of
my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the
United States."

In giving the oath, Roberts misplaced the word "faithfully," at which
point Obama paused quizzically. Roberts then corrected himself, but
Obama repeated the words as Roberts initially said them.

A do-over "would take him 30 seconds, he can do it in private, it's
not a big deal, and he ought to do it just to be safe," said Boston
University constitutional scholar and Supreme Court watcher Jack
Beermann. "It's an open question whether he's president until he takes
the proper oath."

The courts would probably never hear a challenge, and some might argue
that Obama automatically took office at noon because that's when
President Bush left the office. But because the procedure is so
explicitly prescribed in the Constitution, Beermann said if he were
Obama's lawyer, he would recommend retaking it, just as two previous
presidents, Calvin Coolidge and Chester Arthur, did under similar
circumstances.
Charles Cooper, head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal
Counsel under President Ronald Reagan, said that the oath is
mandatory, that an incorrect recitation should be fixed and that he
would be surprised if the oath hadn't already been re-administered.
---

Ernst Blofeld

Jan 21, 2009, 9:00:50 PM1/21/09
On Jan 21, 9:13 am, Ernst Blofeld <blofel...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Several constitutional lawyers said President Obama should, just to be
> safe, retake the oath of office

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/01/obama-took-oath.html
---
Chief Justice John Roberts came to the White House tonight and
administered the oath of office to President Obama at 7:35 p.m. ET in
the Map Room.

Because there was one word out of sequence in yesterday's oath,
explained White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the president took
the oath again "out of an abundance of caution."
---

Ernst Blofeld

Jan 20, 2017, 1:57:50 AM1/20/17
On Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 9:02:48 AM UTC-8, Ernst Blofeld wrote:
> First.

Correctamundo!