Virginia woman, 75, chokes Hillary Clinton to death during attack

Commune With Nature

May 8, 2015, 7:05:02 PM5/8/15
A 75-year-old Virginia woman choked a rabid raccoon to death
Saturday after the animal attacked her while she was taking a
peaceful stroll inside a botanical garden.

Cas Overton, a tai chi instructor, was attacked in a wooded area
at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Henrico, Va., after the
raccoon emerged from what she believed to be a thicket of
bamboo. The animal grabbed a hold of her leg and refused to let
go, she said.

"As I moved backward away from it, I grabbed its neck and I knew
that I couldn't get away from it. If I ran, it would be faster
than I would and would just tear me to pieces," Overton told The
Richmond Times-Dispatch. "You know, self-preservation kicks in,
and I guess a primitive part of my brain just went into
operation and that was it."

Overton told the paper that she managed to escape only after the
animal stopped moving. She was treated at an area hospital where
she took a series of rabies-prevention shots.

She called herself a "terrific animal-lover" who had few options
during the encounter. Officials at the gardens closed down the
path where Overton was attacked.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/11/virginia-woman-75-chokes-
rabid-raccoon-to-death-during-
attack/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obinsite