Kari Wuhrer is an idiot!

Martin

May 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/26/99
>Okay, she's not an idiot. But that was the best TV I've seen in a looong
time.
>I fell off the couch laughing. It reminded me of when Letterman had has
"Hell
>Week" with reruns of all his worst guests.

I don't remember seeing this week of worst guests.When did they show that?

Spnk139045

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
She's insane! Steven Wright was great as usual. What the hell was she on?

Dingo "of course I'm getting her CD" McPhee
--
Is 45 minutes too long to spend thinking of a clever .sig?

Alan Bailey

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
haha...those two interviews were hilarous...Definitely a great show

she may be an idiot, but she's a cute idiot

It looks like Later will be good too, the best of costas

Alan

On 27 May 1999 05:28:09 GMT, spnk1...@aol.commode.com (Spnk139045)
wrote:

,-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
| Alan Bailey
| awbailey @ uiuc.edu
| www.iit.edu/~bailela/
`-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

JimiJoya

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
The Kari Wuhrer interview was one of the most surreal pieces of late-night TV
since Crispin Glover took a karate chop at Letterman's skull....

Did anyone notice as the credits rolled, Conan pointed something out to the
side, and Kari looked on aghast, it seemed, in absolute horror?

"I feel like Teri Garr on acid!"

Dblspace

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Yeah, I noticed that too - all I could figure is that she wanted to bolt from
her seat, but didn't want the camera to be on her when she did,

David

"You thought you were going to see a science fiction movie. Let me tell you
what you are going to Be - you are going to BE a science fiction movie. It's
called science friction." -- Raleigh Theodore Sakers

Joseph Nebus

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
spnk1...@aol.commode.com (Spnk139045) writes:

>She's insane! Steven Wright was great as usual. What the hell was she on?

This was a very weird interview. I can't say it was hilarious,
but it was interesting to watch. (This is also the sort of thing that
in the Bad Old Days would have been just a horrid disaster. These days,
Conan's sharp enough to pull out 'compellivision.' Nicely done.)

Joseph Nebus
Oh, also...don't be too quick to call someone an idiot based on
how they appear on TV. Like Al Bell said, the camera drains you of about
75 IQ points and half your personality. It's hard to go up and be
yourself and still be entertaining.

MutantMan

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
man i cant believe i missed that maybe theyll repeat it i doubt its as good
as you say though

--
Its not like were electing the fuckin pope here

Dweezil130

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Did anyone else noticed that Conan was a bit out of it and added to Conan's
awkwardness, the audience seemed a little crappy... Thats just what I thought.
Probably just his illness but oh well.
Mistress of Ceremonies.......gena

*You got peanut butter in my chocolate.* "You got chocolate in my peanut
butter." *"Together they taste like crap"*
gena @dork.com

JZA

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Spnk139045 wrote:

> She's insane! Steven Wright was great as usual. What the hell was she on?
>
> Dingo "of course I'm getting her CD" McPhee

This was going to wait until my weekly list, but I have to say a
few things now.

1. Slutty outfit. Not the good kind of slutty/sexy but slutty/tacky.
2. I haven't seen 'Sliders' in a long time. What happened to that cute
spunky girl who was on the show the first season? Did Wuhrer replace
her? What a mistake.
3. Wuhrer flirted obnoxiously and badly. Some folks have stated Conan
seemed uncomfortable with her and I agree. It often looked like he
wasn't sure how to respond to her raucously ribald behavior.
4. Every single time Conan did something funny, brought attention to
himself (i.e. the 'I'm a little Letterman' spaz attack) Wuhrer became
snooty and glum and glared at him. I'll check the tape but I'm pretty
sure she rolled her eyes at him also.
5. Teri Garr on acid would have been a lot more entertaining.
6. Based upon the segment with Scott Dickers, I bought the book 'Our
Dumb Century' (it's a terrific book). Nothing on Earth could compel me
to buy Wuhrer's CD 'Shiny' -- Really, who would shell out the buck to
listen to her 'recite'?

Jean

MutantMan

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
man i cant believe i actually listened to my body and slept but wouldnt you
know it the time i do is the time that conan has a great show that really
makes me mad i hope they replay it soon maybe they will cuz of steven wright
dont you think

--
Its not like were electing the fuckin pope here

MutantMan

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
really well i didnt see the show but i would probably say cocaine i think
its becoming big again oh by the way speed is meth

--

Lizlynn999 wrote in message
<19990527225553...@ng-bg1.aol.com>...

>>man i cant believe i actually listened to my body and slept but wouldnt
you
>>know it the time i do is the time that conan has a great show that really
>>makes me mad i hope they replay it soon maybe they will cuz of steven
wright
>>dont you think
>

>They should run it again, becuase Stephen Wright was really at his best
form.

>But they might not, because Kari Whatever was so incredibly embarrassingly
HIGH
>during the show. She was on some kind of either psychoactive drug or your
>garden variety speed, cocaine or meth. Big time. For a Long time. No one
>else noticed this? I've seen actors/actresses on Conan on drugs that
>maintained much better than that. She needs to purge, beh-beh.
>------------
>Lynn P.
>
>WDTSF
>remove "pliment" to send compliments (or whatever comes to mind)

tony_...@my-deja.com

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
I don't think she's an idiot, in fact I thought she was charming and
bubbly ("Terri Garr on acid!"--that's an astute, funny, self-deprecating
comment.) And, yes, she is very hot, so maybe my judgement is swayed but
I genuinely think she was a great guest.

But what was unusual was how unresponsive Conan was, as if winking to
his girlfriend that he wasn't impressed with her. It was like she was
waiting for one of his trademark sexy purrs and he just wouldn't give it
up, even though he so readily gives it up for much some really dim
actresses.

Conan will do somersaults over any bland comment by Gina Gershon and
then he goes cold when confronted with Ms. Wuhrer.

Just another example of something distinctive and distracting about
"Late Night": as much as I love the show and as much as I wouldn't want
Conan to be a smooth smarmy Craig Kilborn (although I have been sneaking
peeks at that show and actually like some of it), I am always appalled
by how Conan never seems to improve in certain areas. He still can't
introduce a bit without stumbling over his words, he can't think of
anything new to say before and after his monologues. Don't get me wrong:
I love the show and I love Conan, but how many years will he have to do
this before he starts feeling comfortable?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Lizlynn999

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
>She's insane! Steven Wright was great as usual. What the hell was she on?

Like a train wreck...she found a new way to insult, be freaky or stupid at
least three times per minute! Thought she'd level out at some point, but
no....She's really pretty, and was great as the gymnastic gypsy in "Thinner,"
and seemed more normal in her mtv days, but boy was she high for this
interview...

It was fun TV!

Tim Dunleavy

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
JZA <j...@westley.org> wrote:
>2. I haven't seen 'Sliders' in a long time. What happened to that cute
>spunky girl who was on the show the first season? Did Wuhrer replace
>her? What a mistake.

That's Sabrina Lloyd. She now plays Natalie on "Sports Night."

-Tim

Lizlynn999

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
>man i cant believe i actually listened to my body and slept but wouldnt you
>know it the time i do is the time that conan has a great show that really
>makes me mad i hope they replay it soon maybe they will cuz of steven wright
>dont you think

They should run it again, becuase Stephen Wright was really at his best form.

But they might not, because Kari Whatever was so incredibly embarrassingly HIGH
during the show. She was on some kind of either psychoactive drug or your
garden variety speed, cocaine or meth. Big time. For a Long time. No one
else noticed this? I've seen actors/actresses on Conan on drugs that
maintained much better than that. She needs to purge, beh-beh.

Spnk139045

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
>I don't think she's an idiot, in fact I thought she was charming and
>bubbly ("Terri Garr on acid!"--that's an astute, funny, self-deprecating
>comment.) And, yes, she is very hot, so maybe my judgement is swayed but
>I genuinely think she was a great guest.

Okay, she's not an idiot. But that was the best TV I've seen in a looong time.

I fell off the couch laughing. It reminded me of when Letterman had has "Hell
Week" with reruns of all his worst guests.

--
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Andy Liguori

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
In article <7iknum$ia8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

tony_...@my-deja.com wrote:
> I don't think she's an idiot, in fact I thought she was charming and
> bubbly ("Terri Garr on acid!"--that's an astute, funny,
self-deprecating
> comment.) And, yes, she is very hot, so maybe my judgement is swayed
but
> I genuinely think she was a great guest.
WHAT?!? She was completely incoherent (viz the weird "Terri Garr"
comment...how in the hell is she like Terri Garr?), and about as
charming and bubbly as...well, something not charming and bubbly in the
slightest. Pretty JarJaresque. The only question that remains in my mind
is whether her natural stupidity, clearly evinced by her appearance on
"Jeopardy!", was augmented by mind-altering drugs. (Her breasts already
look augmented, but I'm sure that mind-altering drugs aren't to blame.)

Damone

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99

On Thu, 27 May 1999, JZA wrote:

> 2. I haven't seen 'Sliders' in a long time. What happened to that cute
> spunky girl who was on the show the first season? Did Wuhrer replace
> her? What a mistake.

She now plays cute, spunky Natalie on "Sports Night," a move that
may go down in history as the best instance of trading up roles, ever.

I stopped watching "Sliders" when it ceased being a competent (if
uneven), campy alternate universes show and spun out of control into yet
another "us against the evil empire" show. I have it on good authority
that Wuhrer plays a *marine* (she justs oozes military training, doesn't
she?) from an alternate universe taken over by the new uber bad guys, the
Cromags.

> 5. Teri Garr on acid would have been a lot more entertaining.

Amen.

> 6. Based upon the segment with Scott Dickers, I bought the book 'Our
> Dumb Century' (it's a terrific book). Nothing on Earth could compel me
> to buy Wuhrer's CD 'Shiny' -- Really, who would shell out the buck to
> listen to her 'recite'?

I already had the book, but based on the interview, I bought the
audio version of the book.

Don't underestimate the power of hormones in overdrive. I had
no less than seven similar e-mails in my box this morning wanting to know
what her name was and where to get her CD. Because they were similarly
worded and appeared at almost exact fifteen minute intervals, I suspected
that they might be one person using multiple accounts to ask the same
question, but, sadly, they were all unique.

Damone

MutantMan

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
its too bad our society forces people to make excuses for being high or
something bah

--

Tim Dunleavy wrote in message <374f6087...@news.snip.net>...

>lizly...@aol.compliment (Lizlynn999) wrote:
>>They should run it again, becuase Stephen Wright was really at his best
form.

>>But they might not, because Kari Whatever was so incredibly embarrassingly
HIGH
>>during the show. She was on some kind of either psychoactive drug or your
>>garden variety speed, cocaine or meth. Big time. For a Long time. No
one
>>else noticed this? I've seen actors/actresses on Conan on drugs that
>>maintained much better than that. She needs to purge, beh-beh.
>

>A few weeks ago Kari did a phone-in interview on The Howard Stern
>Show, and she was the exact same way. So much so, in fact, that Howard
>and several callers accused her of being high. She denied it, saying
>that she only sounded loopy because she had been doing phone
>interviews for hours. Wonder what her excuse was this time....
>
>-Tim

Tim Dunleavy

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99

Dave!

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99

I fear I must agree with you. I've been a fan of Ms. Wuhrer since her
days on Remote Control, but hers was possibly the worst interview I've
ever seen (after Crispin Glover's, of course, which I'll never forget
(I'm tough; I can kick)).

FanAgain

FanAgain

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99
Damone wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 1999, JZA wrote:
> > 2. I haven't seen 'Sliders' in a long time. What happened to that cute
> > spunky girl who was on the show the first season? Did Wuhrer replace
> > her? What a mistake.
>
> She now plays cute, spunky Natalie on "Sports Night," a move that
> may go down in history as the best instance of trading up roles, ever.
>
> I stopped watching "Sliders" when it ceased being a competent (if
> uneven), campy alternate universes show and spun out of control into yet
> another "us against the evil empire" show. I have it on good authority
> that Wuhrer plays a *marine* (she justs oozes military training, doesn't
> she?) from an alternate universe taken over by the new uber bad guys, the
> Cromags.

Yeah; I've hated that show from the get-go. When are they going to
slide onto an alternate Earth where oxygen never formed?

FanAgain

Spnk139045

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99
>>Okay, she's not an idiot. But that was the best TV I've seen in a looong
time.
>>I fell off the couch laughing. It reminded me of when Letterman had has
"Hell
>>Week" with reruns of all his worst guests.
>

>I don't remember seeing this week of worst guests.When did they show that?

Looong ago...maybe eight years? It was during the NBC days. And Crispin Glover
was one of the intreviews.

Sick Face

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
>What happened to that cute
>spunky girl who was on the show the first season?

She's a mian character on ABC's excellent "Sports Night." Dig it

_______________
Allan H.
Sacramento, CA
http://surf.to/prowl

"I guess there are some great metaphors about roulette and the soul; like how
if you place all the 'money' of your soul on fourteen, your soul can get really
fucked." -Ben Stiller

SGB2271

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
>Subject: Re: Kari Wuhrer is an idiot!
>From: "MutantMan" <Muta...@att.net>
>Date: 5/27/99 2:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time

>man i cant believe i missed that maybe theyll repeat it i doubt its as good
>as you say though

I thought you were the guy who thinks Kilborn is a comic genius. Why would you
be watching Conan?

MutantMan

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
I like funny.

--
A complete waste of time
http://home.att.net/~mutantman/Austin.htm

SGB2271 <sgb...@aol.com> wrote in message

kolen...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2017, 6:14:58 PM8/29/17
On Wednesday, May 26, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Martin wrote:
> >Okay, she's not an idiot. But that was the best TV I've seen in a looong
> time.
> >I fell off the couch laughing. It reminded me of when Letterman had has
> "Hell
> >Week" with reruns of all his worst guests.
>

> I don't remember seeing this week of worst guests.When did they show that?

I would also like to know when they did the Hell Week thing.

COnan's dig at Wuhrer that he was "Tiny Letterman" was classic.