Re: Seth Meyers new host of "Late Night"

TMC

May 13, 2013, 7:24:45 PM5/13/13
On May 12, 11:01 am, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/seth-meyers-named-host-of-nbcs-late-n...
>
> Seth Meyers Named Host Of NBC s Late Night , Lorne Michaels To
> Executive Produce
> By NELLIE ANDREEVA
>
> NBC has completed its late-night revamp by naming Seth Meyers host of
> Late Night. He will succeed Jimmy Fallon who is taking over The
> Tonight Show next March, replacing Jay Leno. Lorne Michaels will
> executive produce Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Michael Shoemaker
> will remain with the franchise as producer.  Late Night with Seth
> Meyers  will originate from 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York. We
> think Seth is one of the brightest,  most insightful comedy writers
> and performers of his generation, NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said.
> His years at SNL s Weekend Update desk, not to mention being head
> writer of the show for many seasons, helped him hone a topical brand
> of comedy that is perfect for the Late Night franchise. Meyers had
> been the frontrunner to succeed Fallon since NBC announced last month
> Fallon s ascendance to The Tonight Show.

Seth Meyers is a Jimmy Fallon rerun: What happened to "Late Night"
experimentation?

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/05/12/your-new-very-slightly-different-host-of-late-night-seth-meyers

NBC used to use the "Late Night" to take a chance -- on guys like
Letterman and Conan. Now with Meyers' appointment, it's clear NBC
doesn't want to take a chance.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tvtattle#39KkaiOJ6IcVWiIT.99

Who should replace Seth Meyers on Weekend Update?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/13/weekend-update-host-saturday-night-live-seth-meyers-john-mulaney/

What about John Mulaney, the "SNL" writer who's NBC pilot was
rejected?
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tvtattle#39KkaiOJ6IcVWiIT.99

R H Draney

May 13, 2013, 7:36:00 PM5/13/13
TMC filted:

>NBC used to use the "Late Night" to take a chance -- on guys like
>Letterman and Conan. Now with Meyers' appointment, it's clear NBC
>doesn't want to take a chance.
>
>Who should replace Seth Meyers on Weekend Update?
>
>What about John Mulaney, the "SNL" writer who's NBC pilot was
>rejected?

How about Barbara Walters, after she decides she doesn't want to be retired
after all?...r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

legal process

May 13, 2013, 8:45:47 PM5/13/13
"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message
She can always ask that question about "if you were a tree, what tree you
would be" to the "girl you wish you hadn't started a conversation with at a
party."

Wiseguy

May 14, 2013, 11:40:09 PM5/14/13
"legal process" <legalp...@yahoo.com> wrote in
People keep bringing this up inferring that Barbara Walters brought the
subject up. Katharine Hepburn brought the tree subject up and all
Walters did was ask what kind of tree:

There's the famous Walters trope that people love to mock: "If you were
a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

She's anxious to set the record straight.

"I was interviewing Katharine Hepburn, and she said, `Oh, sometimes I
think I'm just an old tree,' so I said, `What kind of a tree?'"

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2010/03/06/barbara_walte
rs_what_kind_of_tree_is_she.html