New Conan CD

Michael R. Flavin

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
My latest cheesy Late Night marketing idea:(others include Late Night Action
Figures)
NBC and the Late Night people should release another Conan album. However,
unlike Live from 6A, this one would contain songs not by musical guests, but
instead songs which have appeared in sketches or interviews, etc. It could
include the theme song(the original full version), Conan's "spontaneous"
songs, Conan's lullaby, Late Night Cowboy, and other songs which have
appeared on the show. I think this is a good idea, even though probably no
one would buy it.

"Captain Popetastic"
Please note the addition of my middle initial to my posting name. I think
that it looks better that way. Do you agree?

phishbo...@webtv.net

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
you know i was thinking about something last night along these lines.
but instead of music have collections of stand up material comedians
have done on the show. since most (if not all) of them are not signed to
a label it would be pretty easy produce. and i'm sure getting the ok
from them wouldn't be too hard either.

"We're all in this together, and we love to take a bath "
                             -phish

<i>REMOVE NOSPAM from MAIL</i>

Sick Face

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
>this one would contain songs not by musical guests, but
>instead songs which have appeared in sketches or interviews, etc. It could
>include the theme song(the original full version), Conan's "spontaneous"
>songs, Conan's lullaby, Late Night Cowboy, and other songs.....

Don't forget "Embryonic Rockabilly Polkadotted Fighterpilots"... that song
rocks.

______

Allan That
Sacramento, CA

Remember: God has a hard-on for you.

WooHoooNBC

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
>this one would contain songs not by musical guests, but
>>instead songs which have appeared in sketches or interviews, etc. It could
>>include the theme song(the original full version), Conan's "spontaneous"
>>songs, Conan's lullaby, Late Night Cowboy, and other songs.....
>
>Don't forget "Embryonic Rockabilly Polkadotted Fighterpilots"... that song
>rocks.

Also don't forget the song where conan and andy were fold song singers and they
were singing to the KKK.. it goes like this

Theres a monster in the garden of love
and that monsters name is hate
and if we don't destroy that monster soon
it just might be too late
so lets sip from the wine of tollerence
and have a glass of compassion pie
and we'll all hold hands and dance beneath the rainboy in the sky!!

That song has been stuck in my head for about 2 weeks now...

-Stephanie

***********
IN THE YEAR 2000- "The American educational system will be thrown into chaos
when a grown man in Illinois actually uses algebra in real life." ( Andy )

visit my NEW Conan site at http://members.aol.com/WooHoooNBC/index.html

Burnsy

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98

Sick Face wrote in message

>Don't forget "Embryonic Rockabilly Polkadotted Fighterpilots"... that song
>rocks.

Who like rockabilly.......

AND ARE POLKA-DOTTED!

magdalena

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
hey, i would definitely buy it. conan singing me a lullaby every night before i
went to sleep would take sweet dreams to a whole new plateau.. *s* they should
also put in the country music theme song he sang to that old guy who liked
mash, you know when he went down to houston... i curse buffalo to this day. so,
in conclusion, i say yay for "live from 6a--volume II" !!! --magdalena

p.s.- Michael-- the middle initial is nice, it gives you that sexy middle aged
advertising
executive in a suit distinction, which is good... if
you're into that kind
of thing..*s*

Michael R. Flavin wrote:

> My latest cheesy Late Night marketing idea:(others include Late Night Action
> Figures)
> NBC and the Late Night people should release another Conan album. However,

> unlike Live from 6A, this one would contain songs not by musical guests, but

> instead songs which have appeared in sketches or interviews, etc. It could
> include the theme song(the original full version), Conan's "spontaneous"

Justin H.

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
magdalena wrote:

> p.s.- Michael-- the middle initial is nice, it gives you that sexy middle aged
> advertising executive in a suit distinction, which is good... if you're into
> that kind
> of thing..*s*
>
> Michael R. Flavin wrote:
>
> > "Captain Popetastic"
> > Please note the addition of my middle initial to my posting name. I think
> > that it looks better that way. Do you agree?

All positive additions to your image gained by the addition of the middle inital
are cancelled out by the use of "Captain Popetastic" as your nickname.

Even though you *are* one step closer to God than the pope (but not until the year
2000!)

-Justin H.

Michael R. Flavin

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
There are a lot more songs than I realized. I think that we should make
this tape ourselves. I know someone who can make real regular audio CDs
with his CD burner.
Does anyone have tapes of any of these songs? If so, see if you can get
them in MP3 form, or send an audio or video tape to me. Thanks.

Michael

magdalena

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
good point Justin, the pope thing is detrimental to Michael's newfound aura of
distinction, unless of course, he's starting a million dollar corporation that
"manufactures" Captain Popetastic Pope-sicles in cherry, lime and grape, because if
that was the case, it would actually reinforce the choice addition of the middle
initial. on a sidenote in to my personal life-- i wrote a play about the pope being
kidnapped by middle american drug lords and dying at a summer home, then two really
drunk grad students go to the summer home to kill a monkey (it's a long story) and
they find the pope there dead, and think they did it, then chaos ensues!
who says i don't have a life?? *s* --magdalena

Smith2003

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
So this would sort of be like "Songs in the Key of Springfield"? The songs
(33, I think) from the Simpsons?

---Smith
-
Visit the Unofficial Leonard Tepper Fan Club - http://come.to/Smith
---
"I suppose if you really wanted to be the bear you’d hafta’ pay something. I
don’t know." Dr. Frank to me, 5/9/98, Coney Island High, NYC
---
AUGUST 13th - The Conquest Starts.

Jay Y.

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98

Bernhard Heger wrote in message
<35a834fb...@news.heidelberg.netsurf.de>...

>At Southpark Central ( http://www.spcentral.com ) you can download the
>'Chef'-version of the Shaft theme song that Isaac Hayes performed on
>Late Night. It's really funny and I think a lot of people would buy
>the album just because of that song.

Yeah, SOuth Park has proved they can sell Anything and everything, as long
as they put the South Park Name on it.

simon

Jul 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/12/98
In article <199807110056...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, Smith2003
<smit...@aol.com> writes

>So this would sort of be like "Songs in the Key of Springfield"? The songs
>(33, I think) from the Simpsons?
39 but there are so many a) b) which break up the songs. I think they
should have made it easier to read
--
simon

simon

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
In article <GwARjkAu$Aq1...@wezland.demon.co.uk>, simon
<si...@wezland.demon.co.uk> writes

The first track should be "In the year 2000".
--
simon

Colby 22

Mar 17, 2022, 5:52:36 PM3/17/22