The First In The Year 2000

Joseph Nebus

Nov 15, 2013, 11:42:26 PM11/15/13

Thanks to its temporary appearance on the teamcoco.com/conan20
site here's a transcript of the very first In The Year 2000 sketch,
from the 22nd of September, 1993:

In The Year 2000 ... (starting with Conan):

Airplane travel will be better.

People will live ... in *Canada*.

Man will eat steaks in the form of pills, and pills in the form of steaks.

A new type of tortoise will be developed, one that will live ... longer.

Actor Pernell Roberts will die peacefully at the age of 83 among family and friends.

Popular musicians will be Michael Bolton, Claude Taylor, and Whitney Houston ... junior.

The term ''That's really wicker'' will be a popular street slang, denoting the authenticity of wicker.

Man will be able to give birth ... to tortoises ... but not that long-living kind.

( And then it turns into an exchange set in the year 2000)

Andy: Hello, friend of the future.

Conan: Hello. How are you enjoying the new millennium?

Andy: Very well, thank you. Would you care to come over and listen to my new Claude Taylor cassette?

Conan: No need. I have it right here ... on CD.

Andy: Wow. That's really wicker.
--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Latest: Reading the Comics, November 13, 2013 http://wp.me/p1RYhY-vp

Jim Ellwanger

Nov 16, 2013, 8:16:36 PM11/16/13
In article <l66t3i$7l9$1...@reader1.panix.com>,
nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> Thanks to its temporary appearance on the teamcoco.com/conan20
> site here's a transcript of the very first In The Year 2000 sketch,
> from the 22nd of September, 1993...

Which happened to be my 19th birthday.

Something much better to commemorate on my birthday than the other major
news event that occurred on September 22, 1993:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Big_Bayou_Canot_train_wreck

--
Jim Ellwanger <use...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv> welcomes you daily.