Andy's funniest remote?

gm

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Well, this is killin me.
Andy's leaving, which sucks.

I'm trying hard to be positive about the whole thing, but after watching
Andy and Conan together since the beginning, they're like two old friends to
me. I have plenty of real friends I've known since I was a kid, but I wish
half of the conversations I have with them could be half as entertaining as
the five minutes I spend watching Andy and Conan trade jokes at the start of
each show.

Hell, I even look forward to what Andy will do when Conan points to him
during the monologue every night - it's always different, but somehow he
always makes me giggle.

Anyone remember how the show wasn't quite the same when Andy was gone for a
week a few years ago, and they were doing these taped "Where is Andy today?"
bits every night? It was kind of lame. What's it going to be like when we
know he's not coming back? It'll still be funnier than any other late night
show, but it won't be the same.

Anyway, we can always make this a nine-month Irish wake, and talk about the
funniest things Andy's done on the show.
Myself, I'm having a hard time deciding between my three favourites:

Andy covering Mardi Gras in New Orleans (talking to drunks and collecting
beads)

Andy at Woodstock II (obeying the demands of a mob by chugging a
beer....interviewing Melissa Etheridge with a straight face that was
completely covered in mud)

Andy covering.....was it the Grammys? (Lobbying for the induction of Thin
Lizzy into the hall of fame, and yelling like a lunatic from a balcony to
every musician and record exec in the business: "WERE IS THIN LIZZY?!?!
YOU'RE ALL ASLEEP!!!"

Anyone else got any favourites?

star shaped

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
>Anyone else got any favourites?

the health fair....and...

oh i'm gonna cry... :(

sarah
linne...@tmbg.org
http://members.aol.com/limezinger
"is there something you like? teletubbies!
is there something you despise? teletubbies!
is it fun to play with dolls? ..not dolls, teletubbies!" ~moxy fruvous, 8/10/99

Cupid

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
gm wrote:

> Anyway, we can always make this a nine-month Irish wake, and talk about the

Andy's German. We should just go on a drinking binge for a
couple of weeks, and watch porn. he would want it that way.
Oh and shop! Can't leave shopping out.

> Anyone else got any favourites?

The turkish bath.

Damone

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

On 12 Aug 1999, star shaped wrote:

> >Anyone else got any favourites?

Who can forget the KISS episode?

And...

Woodstock.

And...

The blimp.

And...

The Circus parade.

And...

The Beauty Bus.

And...

The Adult Entertainment Awards.

And...

The Old Timers Wrestlers Dinner.

And...

Going to magically drag my ass out of bed in five hours,
Damone

CJ Wallis

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
One of the funniest things Ive read in here from you Damone, kudos.
-Cj Wallis

Alicia

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
>Anyone else got any favourites?

1) Woodstock.

2) Andy taking Santa (Nipsy Russell) around NYC.

3) Conan & Andy going down to see their Christmas presents at the Rockefeller
Center tree.

4) the Kiss convention.

...and so many more

Oh, I can't take this!!! I'm going to cry myself to sleep ;-(

Michael R. Flavin

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99

gm <b...@bla.com> wrote in message

> Anyone else got any favourites?

Three words: Ice....cream....truck.

That is all.

Michael.

all...@vnet.net

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
In article <RZts3.284$Lq5.6...@NewsRead.Toronto.iSTAR.net>,

"gm" <b...@bla.com> wrote:
> Well, this is killin me.
> Andy's leaving, which sucks.

It sucks, but seven years is a long time for a young guy to stick with
one really, really hard, stressful job.

Graduating from Late Night is probably as important for Andy as
graduating from grade school was for us.

> Anyway, we can always make this a nine-month Irish wake, and talk

> about the funniest things Andy's done on the show.

. . .

> Andy covering Mardi Gras in New Orleans (talking to drunks and
> collecting beads)

I think the Blimp remote was the funniest Late Night of all time,
because it was so frightening, but the Mardi Gras remote is my favorite
remote, because it came on the air in February 1994, a day or two after
Matt Roush published a vicious, stupid review of Late Night in USA
Today.

The day the Roush review appeared, Conan looked like a corpse. Then,
when Conan and Andy did the Mardi Gras remote, they showed the
world they were either going to stay on the air or go out in a blaze of
glory.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Audrey L. Zwingli

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Michael R. Flavin wrote in message...
<snip>

Michael! Where've you been?

Audre
********
The Grand Mistress of Licorice Whips
http://members.tripod.com/~ScienceFreak/LNwCOB.html
E-mail: yers...@mindspring.com
AIM: Thepeacock
ICQ: 45986543
"When it rains, it's wet!"
--W.A. Mozart

Tim Lynch

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 02:36:55 -0400, "gm" <b...@bla.com> wrote:

>Anyone else got any favourites?

The blue suit & the blue screen at the Weather Channel.

Tim

Wm Thorne

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
LOL That was the best! Remember them just emptying that thing out? haha.
Hey, listen everyone, cheer up! After all, isn't it better having had him
for a while than never at all? We got lots of great memories of the show,
and maybe if we're really, really lucky, Andy'll take over Kilborns show...
*yaw!!! Rawk on!*

Michael R. Flavin <mic...@infi-net.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> gm <b...@bla.com> wrote in message
>

> > Anyone else got any favourites?

JZA

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Not exactly a remote, well, not even remotely a remote.

It was a parody of the Bartles and Jaymes commercials Conan and Andy
did sometime around the second season. Conan was Jaymes and never said
anything (he meowed in one of their 'commercials') and Andy was Bartles
and did all the talking.

Besides being funnier than split pea soup, Andy did a great impression
of Bartles -- the two (maybe it was three?) commercials they did really
showcased what a terrific actor Andy can be.

Jean

Cupid

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Gordon Stokes. King of Gordonia wrote:

> >>Anyone else got any favourites?
> >

> "Where in the Building is Andy Richter?" is a personal favorite...such a
> hilarious parody of the silly Today Show "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?"
> gimmick.
>
> Speaking of Matt Lauer, I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier in my
> life than Andy's nude Today Show "appearance."
That's my favorite. The Turkish Bath.
> lisa

Michael R. Flavin

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99

Audrey L. Zwingli <yers...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Michael R. Flavin wrote in message...
> <snip>
>
> Michael! Where've you been?
>
> Audre

I've been hanging out mostly in rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc. I still lurk here
though, although I don't read every post anymore.

Michael

Gordon Stokes. King of Gordonia

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
>>Anyone else got any favourites?

"Where in the Building is Andy Richter?" is a personal favorite...such a
hilarious parody of the silly Today Show "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?"
gimmick.

Speaking of Matt Lauer, I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier in my
life than Andy's nude Today Show "appearance."

-Gordon Stokes

Other notable Gordons include: Flash Gordon, Commissioner Gordon, Gordon Jump,
Gordon Lightfoot, Gordon "Gordie" Howe, G. Gordon Liddy, Artemus Gordon, Gale
Gordon, General "Chinese" Gordon and "Gordon" by Barenaked Ladies.

Audrey L. Zwingli

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Michael R. Flavin wrote in message ...

>Audrey L. Zwingli <yers...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Michael R. Flavin wrote in message...
>> <snip>
>>
>> Michael! Where've you been?
>>
>> Audre
>
>I've been hanging out mostly in rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc. I still lurk here
>though, although I don't read every post anymore.
>
>Michael

Well, you're back, and that's good, you posted on-topic and suffered through
Bleiburg with us, so welcome back! Ooh..and I just realized that I spelled
my name wrong.

Audre*y*

Kevin Newcombe

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
ages ago gm wrote:

> Anyway, we can always make this a nine-month Irish wake, and talk about the
> funniest things Andy's done on the show.

Well, it wasn't exactly so funny, but it was cool to see Andy meet up with a
semi-celebrity he used to love. It was a guy from Michael Jackson's "Beat It"
video named Dane Peters who could (I don't know how to really describe this)
shake his head really furiously. They wandered around NYC, specifically Times
Square, and showed off "Robot" Dane's talent to people.

--
Kevin Newcombe late...@ibm.net
"I'm not living, I'm just killing time" - Thom Yorke

yatesy

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
when andy went to the kiss convention!

nick

mark.si...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2017, 11:22:30 AM2/24/17
The Thin Lizzy bit was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

I found this post here googling for it. I want to see a video clip of it somehow. :)