Claire Danes smoking

David

Aug 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/25/97

I've read that Claire smokes. Does anyone have more information on when she
started smoking, her brand, quotes in interviews, etc.?

Luis Mancilla

Aug 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/27/97

Robin Clive-Matthews wrote:

> In article <19970826174...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, ADKINS113
> <URL:mailto:adki...@aol.com> wrote:
> > She said in poeple mag. that she dosent like smokers, or smoking.
>
> Phew ! :-)
> The original post on this subject had me a little worried ...
> I have to admit that I couldn't really picture her smoking, but it's not as if
> I know her or anything. Still, I'm pleased/relieved to hear she doesn't !
>
> BFN !
> --
> |) | AcornCodev1.02: A2 a5000/I2.0/4/ro/Pcd2/sp/sa/m1 a3010/S515/4/ro
> |\obin | BB8 ed+ dc nl EC pc- pr+ wb++ HR anF #ac? bd AW F1 RH+ bbs++
> www.arcstone.demon.co.uk (alternative email rp-c...@uwe.ac.uk)

Thats a bunch of B.S. because one of Claire's best friends, Winona
Ryder is a smoker! And besides so what if Claire smokes, it doesnt
make her any less of a person.

"Since when can the weather man
predict the weather, let alone the
future?"
Luis A. Mancilla
Virginia Tech.

http://www.vt.edu:10021/L/lmancill/claire.html

David

Aug 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/27/97

In article <19970826174...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, adki...@aol.com
says...
>She said in People mag. that she doesn't like smokers, or smoking.

I ran across a quote from USA Today from March:
"In the center of the room, Romeo & Juliet stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire
Danes, smoking up a storm, drew a bie,"
USA Today, Mar. 26, '97, pg. D4

It was referring to a post-Oscars celebration.

Here is a picture of Claire smoking:
http://newweb.idirect.com/u/claire/public/photos/paper1096.jpg

PhairDanes

Aug 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/28/97

>> Here is a picture of Claire smoking:
>> http://newweb.idirect.com/u/claire/public/photos/paper1096.jpg

Claire probably DOES smoke from time to time, but this is NOT a pic of
Claire smoking a real cigarette. If you have seen the original pic, you
can tell that it is a CANDY cigarette.

~ s a r a ~
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"i'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash" ~ liz phair

ProtonGun

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

so be it..........
both gross and sexy

ADKINS113

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

She isnt smoking.

Resan Sa-Ardnuam

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

Luis Mancilla wrote:

> Thats a bunch of B.S. because one of Claire's best friends, Winona
> Ryder is a smoker! And besides so what if Claire smokes, it doesnt
> make her any less of a person.

But smoking doesn't make her more beautiful. It makes her less
beautiful, inside and outside.

Resan Sa-Ardnuam

Sep 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/3/97

Falc2199 wrote:

> (1) Just becuase Winona Ryder smokes does not mean that Claire smokes
> too. (2) And I think we as her fans have a right to know weather she
> smokes or not. (3) Because I personally hate smokers. (4) And I don't
> think I would be that big of a fan of hers If found out that she
> was a smoker.
>
> Falc

(1) That's right. But: "Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful
habits", 1 Corinthians 15:33 Holy Scriptures
(2) Fans associates themselves with their "idols". You can't be a fan
if you do not agree with their lifestyle. We have the right to know she
smokes or not! Does she still fits in our lives? Thats the question.
(3) I hate smokers. but it hurts to hate Claire.
(4) Agree

Resan

Skusfile

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

>(2) Fans associates themselves with their "idols". You can't be a fan
>if you do not agree with their lifestyle. We have the right to know she
>smokes or not!

i can't speak for everyone but that seems like total bullshit to me.

ANTIATOMIC

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

don...@imagixx.net wrote in article <8734056...@dejanews.com>...

> In article <19970829064...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

> prot...@aol.com (ProtonGun) wrote:
> >
> > so be it..........
> > both gross and sexy
>

> I never though smoking was sexy at all.
>
> Could someone please explain why it is sexy?
>
> just wondering,
> don...@imagixx.net

Smoking can be considered sexy by some (not I) because of the Freudian
implication.

Falc2199

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

It doesn't sound like Bullshit to me, it sounds like the utter truth. How
can you look up to someone who does such terrible things?

Falc

Steven Blunt

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

On 5 Sep 1997 20:19:06 GMT, in alt.fan.claire-danes "ANTIATOMIC"
<ANTIA...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Smoking can be considered sexy by some (not I) because of the Freudian
>implication.

Never thought of it that way. I don't find smoking cigarettes sexy,
but those really big fat cigars ... :)

cya

--
Steven Blunt
spb...@ozemail.com.au

Skusfile

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

If she does smoke, i don't think her bad habits would have any effect on
my admiration of her, and her talent as an actress. Really, who expects
Claire to be picture perfect all of the time, she's human.

"We have a right to know if she smokes or not", what gives us that right.
What gives us the right to know anything and everything about anyone?

Tristan Celder

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

Skusfile wrote:

And even if she does smoke, why the hell should she give a shit that we
even care. We have no right to know every little thing she does. That's
why Princess Diana died...would you want that to happen to claire. If
she wants to announce it to the world she can but until then you have no
right to DEMAND to know if she smokes or not.

and finally I don't see how it can make her less attractive. Can someone
explain this to me...

Falc2199

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

>If she does smoke, i don't think her bad habits would have any effect on
>my admiration of her, and her talent as an actress. Really, who expects
>Claire to be picture perfect all of the time, she's human.

I expect Claire to be perfect, that is why I am such a big fan of hers.
You can't just say I can't resist smoking becuase I am only human. You have
to have the strength to stand up against it.

>"We have a right to know if she smokes or not", what gives us that right.
>What gives us the right to know anything and everything about anyone?

They are celebrites, we are their fans that is what gives us the right. I
mean If you get paid all that money and live in the lap of luxury just for
reading a bunch of lines I think you can tolerate being in the public eye.
It just comes with the territory.

Falc

Falc

Skusfile

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

once again Falc, i can't disagree more.

"You can't just say I can't resist smoking because I am only human."

Well, that wasn't what i was saying. I was saying that because she's
human she has as much right as we do to be imperfect.

The last few things you said were so ridiculous you made me laugh. I like
to think it takes talent to do what Claire does and she's not just "reading
a bunch of lines, and living in the lap of luxury" and as a fan i'd think
that you would also.

And last of all, sure being in the public eye is unavoidable as a
celebrity, but that still doesn't answer my question: "What gives us the

Ebola....The SOUL COLLECTOR

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

: Donald Mallard (WineME...@69ME.com) wrote:
:
: Hey some people just gotta know if their neighbors shit has corn
: nuggets in their turds.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHH!

--
P.S. Scroll all the way down below to check out my RuTHLesS sigfile......

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

.""-._
[] `'-._
.'~~'. ||__ `',
/.-""-.\ ||_ `'--._ \
// _ _ \\ /|//} `-. |
||(_\/_)| | | |//} `\/
|( /\ ) | _ //`||
| /====\ | _.-`\`\// ||
| '-..-' / .-` \//\ ||
/`\ :: |_./` |/ \ ||
/` `-::./` ` \ |||

@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@
@@! @@! @ @@@ !@@ @@! @@@ @!:
@!!!:! @!!!:!@! @!! !@! @!! @@!@:!:!::
!!: !:: :: !!: !:: !!: !!! !:
: :: ::: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::: :: : ::: :::

THe SOuL CoLLeCToR......

Just in case you need the hookup.....I run a video conversion service.
I'll convert your videotapes to NTSC, PAL, or SECAM format for a cheaper
price than ANYONE on the net! Check out my website at:

http://www.cyberverse.com/~ak47

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ebola....The SOUL COLLECTOR

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

: Steven Blunt (spb...@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
:
: Never thought of it that way. I don't find smoking cigarettes sexy,

: but those really big fat cigars ... :)

Me TOO! There's nothing more pleasureable than the smell of a lit cigar.
Sometimes I'll walk to to men that are smoking them and sit next to them
and ask them if I may sit next to them and inhale their cigar fumes for a
20 fee. They let me do it EVERY time.

Skusfile

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

someone sent me an e-mail concerning my post, but i made a mistake (simple
slip of the wrist) and deleted all my mail. Can whoever it was please send
it again?

Resan Sa-Ardnuam

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Skusfile wrote:

> once again Falc, i can't disagree more.
>
> "You can't just say I can't resist smoking because I am only human."
>
> Well, that wasn't what i was saying. I was saying that because she's
>
> human she has as much right as we do to be imperfect.
>
> The last few things you said were so ridiculous you made me laugh. I
> like
> to think it takes talent to do what Claire does and she's not just
> "reading
> a bunch of lines, and living in the lap of luxury" and as a fan i'd
> think
> that you would also.
>
> And last of all, sure being in the public eye is unavoidable as a
> celebrity, but that still doesn't answer my question: "What gives us
> the
> right to know anything and everything about anyone?"

My answer to your question:
We don't have to know everything about her. Her cup size, nude pics,
.... we don't have to know these things. But for me it's important to
know about her personality. And smoking tells something about her
personality.

Tell me, is it wrong to ask, "does she smoke?"??? We don't harm her
(privacy) with this question.

Skusfile

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

>My answer to your question:
>We don't have to know everything about her. Her cup size, nude pics,
>.... we don't have to know these things. But for me it's important to
>know about her personality. And smoking tells something about her
>personality.

For the most part, i couldn't agree more, but even if she did smoke what
would it say about her personality?

>Tell me, is it wrong to ask, "does she smoke?"??? We don't harm her
>(privacy) with this question.

I don't think anything's wrong with you asking, but my question was what
gives you the right to demand an answer?

Ebola....The SOUL COLLECTOR

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

: Steven Blunt (spb...@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
:
: No can't say I'm turned on by men smoking - not that there's anything
: wrong with that.

Dude, this is the seocnd time that you've NOT caught my sarcasm. You know
me better than anyone in this particular newsgroup. THINK before you
respond to my posts.

Steven Blunt

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

On 9 Sep 1997 00:36:10 GMT, in alt.fan.claire-danes

ak...@hondo.cyberverse.com (Ebola....The SOUL COLLECTOR) wrote:

>: Steven Blunt (spb...@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>:
>: Never thought of it that way. I don't find smoking cigarettes sexy,
>: but those really big fat cigars ... :)
>
>Me TOO! There's nothing more pleasureable than the smell of a lit cigar.
>Sometimes I'll walk to to men that are smoking them and sit next to them
>and ask them if I may sit next to them and inhale their cigar fumes for a
>20 fee. They let me do it EVERY time.

No can't say I'm turned on by men smoking - not that there's anything
wrong with that.

cya

Falc2199

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

>My answer to your question:
>We don't have to know everything about her. Her cup size, nude pics,
>.... we don't have to know these things. But for me it's important to
>know about her personality. And smoking tells something about her
>personality.
>
>Tell me, is it wrong to ask, "does she smoke?"??? We don't harm her
>(privacy) with this question.

Exactly.

Falc

Ebola....The SOUL COLLECTOR

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

: Falc2199 (falc...@aol.com) wrote:
:
: >Tell me, is it wrong to ask, "does she smoke?"??? We don't harm her

: >(privacy) with this question.
:
: Exactly.

Aaaaaaaaah, this is where the men can separate themselves from the boys.
People of this newsgroup, see which side of the bandwagon you are on:

There are some of you who DO simply ask the question, "Does Claire smoke?"
And then there are the people who JUDGE her upon the answer they get. If
she DOES in fact smoke, does that change your opinion of her? If you are a
fan of hers NOW, would you still be a fan of hers if you find out that she
DOES smoke?

Everyone, please answer the question and explain the reasoning behind your
answer.

Steven Blunt

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

On 11 Sep 1997 13:01:23 GMT, in alt.fan.claire-danes

ak...@hondo.cyberverse.com (Ebola....The SOUL COLLECTOR) wrote:

>: Steven Blunt (spb...@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>:
>: No can't say I'm turned on by men smoking - not that there's anything
>: wrong with that.
>

>Dude, this is the seocnd time that you've NOT caught my sarcasm. You know
>me better than anyone in this particular newsgroup. THINK before you
>respond to my posts.

Hey now you're starting to take me too seriously.

Anyway as for your other post (about whether I'd care if Claire smoked
or not), I really don't care what she does in her spare time. The
reason I posted the cigar thing was cos some dude said it was a
Freudian thing (gettin turned on by girls smoking) and while others on
this group might dream about Claire sucking on something 3" long and
1/4" wide, it doesn't really work for me.

Steven Blunt

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 00:44:07 -0700, in alt.fan.claire-danes
the...@hotmail.com (The Fan) wrote:

>I would definitely be one to judge her for smoking for three reasons.
>
>1. I tend to judge people on their intelligence. I imagine that this is
>not politically correct to do, but I can't help it. I tend to think that
>people that choose to start smoking lack some form of intelligence, be it
>social intelligence that allows you to be popular and still ignore peer
>pressure or just the plain common sense it requires to not start a habit
>that has been proven to kill not only yourself but those around you.
>
>2. Any actor who smokes, especially one who is underage, is a very bad
>role model for his/her young fans. Not only does it show a basic lack of
>respect for the laws of their country, it also shows a lack of respect
>for themselves and those around them.
>
>3. I am just a judgemental person.

OK so Claire is a stupid criminal, but none of this affects her
talents as an actress or as a babe so why should you like her any
less?

Falc2199

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

Yeah If I found out that Claire smokes I don't think I could be that big
of a fan of hers anymore.

Falc

Skusfile

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

No way, would Claire's smoking (if she smokes) change how i feel about
her. First of all, my admiration is mostly based on her talent as an
actress, and I still havn't seen any studies showing the damaging effect of
smoking on acting abilities. Secondly unlike the...@hotmail.com (The Fan)
i'm not a very judgemental person, if Claire chooses to smoke, that's her
decision and i wouldn't even be one to call her unitelligen or lacking
respect of others for doing so.

Happy!

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

I think it's great that Claire smokes! After all Joe Camel can attest
to the fact that smoking is cool!!!
Seriously though, Claire is a great actress, and that is what she is
all about, not her habits. You people are too nosey! Get a life!
Peace
Louis

Chris Brannigan

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

Who Cares whether she smokes or not. The entire cast of Friends (bar
David Swimmer) smoke like chimnies!!!

Yours Chris B

danialsi...@gmail.com

May 20, 2014, 2:01:27 PM5/20/14
There is no proof that the cigarette she smokes is really real.and I am pretty sure she doesn't smoke because Claire's daily routine and diet is really healthy.if u dont know her routine search it.even if she smokes (which i doubt) keep in mind almost every actor has to smoke at least once in his acting life.though i greatly doubt she smokes in real life especially after her having her baby.anyway as long as she provides good entertainment i dont care if she smokes.

I can however guarantee u she does not smoke in daily life(NO WAY IN HELL)