Get A Life: The Complete Series is finally coming to DVD

Ubiquitous

Mar 30, 2012, 4:35:52 PM3/30/12
by Sean O'Neal March 30, 2012 Shout Factory long ago established itself
as the Mr. Smith Goes To Washington of DVD releasing, regularly sticking
up for the lost causes of canceled cult TV shows by freeing them from
studio vaults and putting them back in the hands of fans. And today we
learned that it’s finally picked up one of TV’s most loveable losers:
Get A Life, Fox’s short-lived Chris Elliott-starring sitcom, which will
finally get a complete series release this fall, after years and years
of bureaucratic red tape and hollow promises. The revelation was made by
Elliott himself, who dropped the following while talking to A.V. Club
contributor Will Harris for a soon-to-be-published interview—and unlike
past assurances, Elliott sounds pretty confident:

“Get A Life is going to be coming out as a complete series
on Shout Factory. I’m not entirely sure when—I think probably
in the fall?—but, yes, it will be actually coming out…finally!
At the end of April, we’re going to be doing the special
features. Commentaries and that sort of stuff.”

As often lamented by fans of the surreal show—which boasted scripts from
Bob Odenkirk and Charlie Kaufman, and had Elliott playing a dimwitted,
insane, man-child paperboy who traveled through time, cared for vomiting
aliens, and, with notable frequency, died—Get A Life has only seen
release in various, out-of-print “best of” collections, with attempts to
get the whole series out there repeatedly stymied by “suits,” in
Elliott’s words. The involvement from Shout is the best indication yet
that it’s finally coming out, reinforced by the fact that Shout
confirmed to us that, yes, the DVD is happening, and that an official
release date is imminent. These are, indeed, the prettiest years of our
lives.

Speaking of handsome boys and fancy lads, in case you were wondering,
Elliott did see the recent induction of Cabin Boy into the New Cult
Canon (and its enthusiastic reception in the comments), and he was
pleased. Quite pleased:

“Yeah, that was nice to see. You know, I’ve always said that
I stand by that movie. I think Adam (Resnick) did a great job
directing it, and every time I see it on TV, I’m amazed at how
interesting it looks and how bizarre it is. Of course, at the
time it came out, it was just vilified, but it seems to have
grown on people.”

The same can, of course, be said for Get A Life.

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

somebody

Apr 3, 2012, 7:56:55 PM4/3/12
Yes!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Life-The-Complete-Series/16764

(odd they can't spell his name right, but it happens a lot.)