Chris Elliot as "THE FUGITIVE GUY"

M-Bond

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
Hey does anyone out here remember when he was on dave's OLD show as the
Fugitive guy? IT WAS FREAKIN HISTERICAL!!!!!!!

If you know what I'm talking about write back in here and keep this group
somewhat ALIVE!!!!!

Anyone have pics of the maniac himself?

thanks,
M-bond

Todd Hudson

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
I remember the Fugitive Guy. It was my first experience with CE, I
think. My brother got a job as a dishwasher so he buy an RCA vcr so he
tape Dave. CE was the highlight of the week.

Would some other people please post your memories of your first
experience with CE.

todd

Steve Hutton

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
Todd Hudson <t...@gas.uug.arizona.edu> wrote:
(...)

>Would some other people please post your memories of your first
>experience with CE.

O.K., The first thing I remember with Chris on Late Night was when
Dave was taking questions from the audience and Chris stood up.
As I remember it...

Chris: "Yeah, I'd like to know a little more about the conspiracy,
please!"

Dave: "I'm sorry, I don't think I know what you're talking about."

Chris: "You know damn well what I'm talking about, Mr! The secret
meetings, the laundered money...(etc.)"

Then Chris was either forcibly removed, or ran out of the studio, I'm
not sure which. I remember referring to this character as the
Conspiracy Guy, but I don't know if that was an official name.

I believe this character was followed by the legendary Guy Who Lives
Under the Seats.

Steve

JMJAC...@ualr.edu

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
Of course I remember the FUGITIVE GUY!

Also:

The Guy under the Seats
The Panicky Guy
The Regulator Guy (my favorite!)
Nite Lite w/ Chris Elliott (featuring Adam Resnick as the Guy under the
Seats)
C.E.'s imitations of Leno, Marv Albert and Marlon Brando

Let's face it: the man is a comic genius!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Chris, these people are Amish. They probably haven't seen a movie since
'Spartacus.'"

-John
JMJAC...@UALR.EDU

Scott Seifer

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
Todd Hudson <t...@gas.uug.arizona.edu> wrote:
>I remember the Fugitive Guy. It was my first experience with CE, I
>think. My brother got a job as a dishwasher so he buy an RCA vcr so he
>tape Dave. CE was the highlight of the week.
>
>Would some other people please post your memories of your first
>experience with CE.
>
>todd

Personally, I always liked "The Guy Under the Seats". In fact, at the
time, I thought they should have marketed a T-shirt with a picture of CE
peering out of a barely opened trap-door with the caption "I'm going to
make your life a living hell!"

-Scott

Matthew L. Cookson

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
JMJAC...@ualr.edu wrote:
: Of course I remember the FUGITIVE GUY!

: Also:

: The Guy under the Seats
: The Panicky Guy
: The Regulator Guy (my favorite!)
: Nite Lite w/ Chris Elliott (featuring Adam Resnick as the Guy under the
: Seats)
: C.E.'s imitations of Leno, Marv Albert and Marlon Brando

The Johnny Graham show was pretty good, too. He did just 2, i think.

Marlon was the best, however.
"Don't eat the black fuzzy things. I don't know what they are"
"I think that's just gas.... Oh, yeah that's gas!"

mott

Shimbo

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
JMJAC...@ualr.edu wrote:

>Of course I remember the FUGITIVE GUY!

>Also:

>The Guy under the Seats
>The Panicky Guy
>The Regulator Guy (my favorite!)
>Nite Lite w/ Chris Elliott (featuring Adam Resnick as the Guy under the
>Seats)
>C.E.'s imitations of Leno, Marv Albert and Marlon Brando

>Let's face it: the man is a comic genius!

And let's not forget "The Chris Elliott Jr Show"!!!

Todd Hudson

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
how about the bannana dance while they played "Alley Cat"?

Todd

Birsko

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
How about Chris Elliot as Marlon Brando and his dance de det de det . . .
Beans or the holiday dance de de det de det . . . the holidays. Sing
it with a naseal voice and I still am laughing. He truly was one of the
great ones. Oh yeah I just remembered how about Chris and the Action
Cam(?) which would roller coster through the audience - into the hall way
then into a room with a conquestedor and a large rabbit- Way funny. It
truely was a great show.
*******
'm just a constant warning to take the other direction
Mister, I am your connection
"City Drops Into the Night" By Jim Carroll

Birsko

Donz5

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
From bir...@aol.com (Birsko):

>Oh yeah I just remembered how about Chris and the Action
>Cam(?) which would roller coster through the audience - into the hall way

>then into a room with a conquestedor and a large rabbit.

It was called the Thrill-Cam, it appeared after the Top Ten List, and
Chris Elliott was never a part of it.

Birsko

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
>It was called the Thrill-Cam, it appeared after the Top Ten List, and
>Chris Elliott was never a part of it.
Oops. Sorry about that. Still it was a great bit.
Birsko

Swaggert

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
Birsko wrote:

> How about Chris Elliot as Marlon Brando and his dance de det de det . . .
> Beans or the holiday dance de de det de det . . . the holidays. Sing
> it with a naseal voice and I still am laughing. He truly was one of the
> great ones. Oh yeah I just remembered how about Chris and the Action

> Cam(?) which would roller coster through the audience - into the hall way
> then into a room with a conquestedor and a large rabbit- Way funny. It
> truely was a great show.
> *******
> 'm just a constant warning to take the other direction
> Mister, I am your connection
> "City Drops Into the Night" By Jim Carroll
>
> Birsko

I mentioned this a long time ago, but I have a 6 hour tape of old Elliott stuff
from Letterman and other sources. If ya'll would like to start a tape tree,
e-mail me and I'll build a list. I'll dub a couple of originals and send 'em out
to the first responders. You copy it and send the master along to the next person
on the list, down the chain. I've been on trees before, and they're notoriously
unreliable. Assholes tend to get lazy and just keep the tape.

I have an index here somewhere, let's see...

Mummenchanz: Mummensquad
Chris Leno
Teenbeat
Chris Leno beating
Chorus Line ad
Fugitive Guy: Pinch of Salt
Rage of Angels ad
Fugitive Guy: intro clip
Brainwash Dave
Miami Vice clip
Miami Vice skit interruption
Miami Vice episode
Peace Through Dramatization Xmas
Who Asked For It: Regulator Guy intro
Regulator Guy: Ad 1
Hitchhiker: Top Ten list
Fugitive Guy: Jack Be Nimble
Fifth Anniversary show appearance
Night Lite: Lynda Carter
Night Lite: Edward Woodward
Night Lite: Paul Shaffer
Regulator Guy: Ad 2
Regulator Guy: Ad 2
Regulator Guy: Water cooler clip
Who Asfed For It: 100'F vs. 100'C
Regulator Guy: Ad 3
Chris the Leprechaun
Chris Shaffer
Night Light: Nuclear War
GQ jackhammer
first Friday Night Videos appearance
Museum of Unusual: smiling guy
Staff Vacations
Regulator Guy: Ad 4
Regulator Guy: renewal clip
bits from some movie
return of Fugitive Guy
Viewer Mail: Fishing Trip
Vegas show: Skylark, the Chris Elliot impersonator
Vegas show: Skylark viewer mail
Skylark magic trick
Friday Night Videos ad
Friday Night Videos clip
second Friday Night Videos appearance
baby announcement
Marv Elliot & sons
interrupted interview #2
Marv Elliot: Wild & Wacky
Iran Contra hearings #1
Rod + Reel
Iran Contra hearings #2
Chris Brando: intro
Peace Through Dramatization: Elvis
Chris Brando: audience
Chris Brando: mixed nuts
Chris Brando: Garfield mugs
Dave's film festival: Animitronic Elliot
Chris Brando: salad dressing
Mummenschanz: book tour
Chris Brando: stomach reduction system
Chris Brando: gift for Ringo