2023 Second Half Quarterly Report

Snidely

Dec 30, 2023, 9:21:04 PM12/30/23
Our intrepid data logger last posted an update on quarters in 2022, as
the Prominent American Women began circulating his way. A mid-year
report was planned for 2023, but is still mooted but tabled.

Like many of you, OIDL tends to wave plastic ever more often these
days,, and the apartment laundry uses bluetooth, but in the 2nd Half of
2023, managed to acquire $9.75 worth of quarters. Within that, $2.25
represents 2022 and 2023 issues, with 3 visages from each year. To
wit:

2022 Nina Otero-Warren d 1
2022 Sally Ride dd 2
2022 Wilma Mankiller d 1
2023 Bessie Coleman dd 2
2023 Edith Kanakaole dd 2
2023 Maria Tallchief d 1

For the rest, the good ol' eagle had 6 spots from 5 years, Blue Ridge
Parkway showed up 3 times, George's boatride twice, and 12 of the park
series and 7 states tolled in at 1 each. Maya Angelou was hiding after
an appearance in August of 2022.

That's as far as my numismatic nerdiness goes at the moment, and I'm
even less serious about stamp collecting, so you are free to return to
tracking stars and artists born before your 50th birthday.

/dps

--
We’ve learned way more than we wanted to know about the early history
of American professional basketball, like that you could have once

Boron Elgar

Dec 31, 2023, 9:26:06 AM12/31/23
On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 18:20:57 -0800, Snidely <snide...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Our intrepid data logger last posted an update on quarters in 2022, as
>the Prominent American Women began circulating his way. A mid-year
>report was planned for 2023, but is still mooted but tabled.
>
>Like many of you, OIDL tends to wave plastic ever more often these
>days,, and the apartment laundry uses bluetooth, but in the 2nd Half of
>2023, managed to acquire $9.75 worth of quarters. Within that, $2.25
>represents 2022 and 2023 issues, with 3 visages from each year. To
>wit:
>
>2022 Nina Otero-Warren d 1
>2022 Sally Ride dd 2
>2022 Wilma Mankiller d 1
>2023 Bessie Coleman dd 2
>2023 Edith Kanakaole dd 2
>2023 Maria Tallchief d 1
>
>For the rest, the good ol' eagle had 6 spots from 5 years, Blue Ridge
>Parkway showed up 3 times, George's boatride twice, and 12 of the park
>series and 7 states tolled in at 1 each. Maya Angelou was hiding after
>an appearance in August of 2022.
>
>That's as far as my numismatic nerdiness goes at the moment, and I'm
>even less serious about stamp collecting, so you are free to return to
>tracking stars and artists born before your 50th birthday.
>
>/dps

That is a great collection of Lady-Quarters.

Snidely

Dec 31, 2023, 7:31:07 PM12/31/23
On Sunday or thereabouts, Boron Elgar declared ...
Gotta catch them all!

But I plan on saving 2 samples each and keeping them and the parks
cireculating.

/dps

--
"That's a good sort of hectic, innit?"

" Very much so, and I'd recommend the haggis wontons."
-njm

Snidely

Dec 31, 2023, 7:32:38 PM12/31/23
Snidely was thinking very hard :
Damn. I actually thought about how to word that, and flubbed badly.
The catches beyond the samples are what "them" is supposed to mean.

--
Why would I want to be alone with my thoughts?
Have you heard some of the shit that comes out of my mouth?

Boron Elgar

Jan 1, 2024, 4:52:30 AMJan 1
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:30:59 -0800, Snidely <snide...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I use or receive change rarely, but I am now compelled to find one of
the Maria Tallchief quarters. She was a muse to Balanchine.

Beaver Fever

Jan 1, 2024, 8:19:21 PMJan 1
I just did a load of laundry. 14 quarters. Fuck that shit, why I mostly wear dirty clothes but the cat's bed was getting a little dirty so I had to wash his sheets.

Les Albert

Jan 1, 2024, 11:22:55 PMJan 1
wrote:

>Our intrepid data logger last posted an update on quarters in 2022, as
>the Prominent American Women began circulating his way. A mid-year
>report was planned for 2023, but is still mooted but tabled.
>
>Like many of you, OIDL tends to wave plastic ever more often these
>days,, and the apartment laundry uses bluetooth, but in the 2nd Half of
>2023, managed to acquire $9.75 worth of quarters. Within that, $2.25
>represents 2022 and 2023 issues, with 3 visages from each year. To
>wit:
>
>2022 Nina Otero-Warren d 1
>2022 Sally Ride dd 2
>2022 Wilma Mankiller d 1
>2023 Bessie Coleman dd 2
>2023 Edith Kanakaole dd 2
>2023 Maria Tallchief d 1
>
>For the rest, the good ol' eagle had 6 spots from 5 years, Blue Ridge
>Parkway showed up 3 times, George's boatride twice, and 12 of the park
>series and 7 states tolled in at 1 each. Maya Angelou was hiding after
>an appearance in August of 2022.
>
>That's as far as my numismatic nerdiness goes at the moment, and I'm
>even less serious about stamp collecting, so you are free to return to
>tracking stars and artists born before your 50th birthday.

Do you keep your quarter collection in a coin book or some similar
collection thing like these:
https://www.translinesupply.com/state-quarter-program.aspx

Les

Snidely

Jan 2, 2024, 1:01:33 AMJan 2
With a quizzical look, Les Albert observed:
No, I use miser tins.

/dps

--
And the Raiders and the Broncos have life now in the West. I thought
they were both nearly dead if not quite really most sincerely dead. --

Rick B.

Jan 3, 2024, 10:53:14 AMJan 3
Tangent: $1 bills with Janet Yellin's signature have started showing up in
the last couple weeks. Curiously, the (crisp) ones I've received have come
from the Minneapolis and Kansas City Fed districts, usually rare-ish birds
here near the border between the NYC and Philly areas.

Snidely

Jan 3, 2024, 4:30:21 PMJan 3
Rick B. suggested that ...
Anybody still do Where's George?

/dps

--
"I'm glad unicorns don't ever need upgrades."
"We are as up as it is possible to get graded!"

Rick B.

Jan 3, 2024, 10:37:14 PMJan 3
Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote in

> Rick B. suggested that ...
>> Tangent: $1 bills with Janet Yellin's signature have started showing up
>> in the last couple weeks. Curiously, the (crisp) ones I've received
>> have come from the Minneapolis and Kansas City Fed districts, usually
>> rare-ish birds here near the border between the NYC and Philly areas.
>
> Anybody still do Where's George?

Pulled a WG-stamped bill out of a jacket pocket last week, first one I've
seen in years. It originated almost exactly a year ago in suburban Baltimore.

Snidely

Jan 4, 2024, 4:20:46 AMJan 4
on 1/3/2024, Rick B. supposed :
[smile]

It's been a couple years since I put one in the database. Not all got
marked.

-d

--
Yes, I have had a cucumber soda. Why do you ask?