John Hopkin

N J Marsh

Nov 3, 2022, 8:21:12 AM11/3/22

Marianne Hopkin just posted this on Facebook:

John Hopkin died suddenly, but very peacefully, surrounded by his family on
Sunday 16th of October 2022.
We are celebrating his life at his funeral on Friday 25th of November at
11:30am in the large chapel at the crematorium on Chanterlands Avenue,
Hull.

If you would like to attend, you are very welcome. We'd appreciate it if
you would let us know in advance.

Snidely

Nov 3, 2022, 2:23:45 PM11/3/22
Remember when N J Marsh bragged outrageously? That was Thursday:
Oh, my. One of AFCA's best. Hats off for the Hatpin.

/dps

--
"This is all very fine, but let us not be carried away be excitement,
but ask calmly, how does this person feel about in in his cooler

Bob

Nov 3, 2022, 5:07:43 PM11/3/22
John Hopkin was John Hatpin?

Snidely

Nov 3, 2022, 6:14:29 PM11/3/22
Just this Thursday, Bob puzzled about:
The Hull he was!

-d

--
Trust, but verify.

Rick B.

Nov 3, 2022, 6:48:34 PM11/3/22
N J Marsh <njm...@gmail.com> wrote in
A long time ago on AFCA, John tossed up a question about a song with two
chords and two words, and I managed to answer it. Not exactly funereal, but
I'd imagine he'd rather be remembered with something like this than with a
dirge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcgAbR5GpcI

Beaver Fever

Nov 3, 2022, 9:16:57 PM11/3/22
Maybe if he was a little nicer and a bit more chill his heart would have held out a bit longer

Kerr-Mudd, John

Nov 4, 2022, 5:23:12 AM11/4/22
On 3 Nov 2022 22:48:32 GMT
Good Work!

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Boron Elgar

Nov 5, 2022, 2:56:52 PM11/5/22
On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 08:21:10 -0400, N J Marsh <njm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I am here so very rarely, and to do so and see this just breaks my
heart.

bobg

Jan 4, 2023, 11:04:50 PM1/4/23
I'm very belatedly so sorry to hear this. John was a good 'un.

John Lister

Feb 21, 2023, 7:32:53 PM2/21/23
Spent many a wasted evening on AFCA in the 90's and 00's. John Hatpin was the epitome of the group's ideal, if in a British way.
I will raise a glass to him.
Sad to hear he is no more , but he still exists in our collective memory.

John Lister
your mother sorts clocks in hull - I think that was the quote.