Sometimes Google Is Cool

Boron Elgar

Sep 6, 2011, 7:08:34 AM9/6/11
I miss Freddie Mercury.

Greg Goss

Sep 6, 2011, 8:40:43 AM9/6/11
Boron Elgar <boron...@hootmail.com> wrote:

>I miss Freddie Mercury.

Nothing on google's canadian page. Even if I try google.us
--
"If the Gods Had Meant Us to Vote They Would Have Given Us Candidates" (Jim Hightower)

Tim Wright

Sep 6, 2011, 9:13:11 AM9/6/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX2BQM0D01M

--

Tim W

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 12:19:25 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:08:34 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

>I miss Freddie Mercury.

Who doesn't?

--
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.

Mark Brader

Sep 6, 2011, 12:37:48 PM9/6/11
"Boron Elgar":
>> I miss Freddie Mercury.

Greg Goss:

> Nothing on google's canadian page. Even if I try google.us

Yesterday, not today.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable
m...@vex.net | from a feature." -- Rich Kulawiec (after Clarke)

John Hatpin

Sep 6, 2011, 12:41:10 PM9/6/11
Lesmond wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:08:34 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
> >I miss Freddie Mercury.
>
> Who doesn't?

Me. Couldn't stand Queen, and don't see what all the fuss was about.
--
John Hatpin

Snidely

Sep 6, 2011, 12:41:12 PM9/6/11
Tim Wright <tlwri...@gmail.com> scribbled something like ...

The US exposure was delayed a day so that they could honor Labor Day with a
flag below the standard doodle.

/dps

art...@yahoo.com

Sep 6, 2011, 12:49:37 PM9/6/11
On Sep 6, 12:41 pm, John Hatpin

If I never hear "Another one bites the dust" again I won't be too
upset.
Or "Fat Bottomed Girls"
A few of their songs I liked such as "Killer Queen"
I also liked "Under Pressure" with David Bowie

Pierre Jelenc

Sep 6, 2011, 1:08:07 PM9/6/11

Me neither.

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com

Slow Motion Apocalypse

Sep 6, 2011, 1:18:48 PM9/6/11
On Sep 6, 4:08 am, Boron Elgar <boron_el...@hootmail.com> wrote:
> I miss Freddie Mercury.

He liked to snort cocaine off midget heads.

Peter Ward

Sep 6, 2011, 2:27:13 PM9/6/11
Lesmond says...

> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:08:34 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
> >I miss Freddie Mercury.
>
> Who doesn't?

Me. He was nothing special. Queen was rather a curate's egg.

--

Peter, from outside the asylum

I'm an alien
email: usenet at peterward dot adsl24 dot co dot uk
http://blowinsmoke.wordpress.com/
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and
they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a
structure which has no relation to reality.
- Nikola Tesla

Boron Elgar

Sep 6, 2011, 2:29:19 PM9/6/11

I am surprised. I found their music and arrangements varied and often
quite compelling and their lyrics unusual and interesting.

I just don't understand how Mercury could pronounce anything properly
with those toofusses.

Boron

Paul Madarasz

Sep 6, 2011, 2:39:22 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:08:07 +0000 (UTC), rc...@panix.com (Pierre
Jelenc) wrote, perhaps among other things:

>John Hatpin <RemoveThi...@gmailAndThisToo.com> writes:

>> > Who doesn't?
>>
>> Me. Couldn't stand Queen, and don't see what all the fuss was about.
>
>Me neither.
>
>Pierre

I didn't like them too much when they were big, but I've grown to like
them of late.
--
"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."
-- Ed Abbey

Paul Madarasz

Sep 6, 2011, 2:39:55 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Slow Motion Apocalypse
<slowmotion...@rocketmail.com> wrote, perhaps among other
things:

>On Sep 6, 4:08 am, Boron Elgar <boron_el...@hootmail.com> wrote:

>> I miss Freddie Mercury.
>
>He liked to snort cocaine off midget heads.

Well, who doesn't?

BillT...@invalid.com

Sep 6, 2011, 2:40:05 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:19:25 -0400 (EDT), "Lesmond"
<les...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:08:34 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>>I miss Freddie Mercury.
>
>Who doesn't?

Who is he? srsly

Slow Motion Apocalypse

Sep 6, 2011, 3:08:33 PM9/6/11

I liked the older metal stuff off the first few albums. And also The
Game which I have on vinyl somewhere, used to listen to that one a lot.

Boron Elgar

Sep 6, 2011, 3:09:56 PM9/6/11

Among other things, he is known as lead singer and songwriter for a
group called Queen.

Boron

Greg Goss

Sep 6, 2011, 3:56:26 PM9/6/11
Tim Wright <tlwri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. That's a "doodle"?

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 7:29:48 PM9/6/11

You are dead to me.

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 7:29:35 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:27:13 +0100, Peter Ward wrote:

>Lesmond says...
>>
>> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:08:34 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>
>> >I miss Freddie Mercury.
>>
>> Who doesn't?
>
>Me. He was nothing special. Queen was rather a curate's egg.

You have never been more wrong.

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 7:30:25 PM9/6/11
Aw. The snaggletooth was adorable.

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 7:31:52 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:37:48 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:

>"Boron Elgar":
>>> I miss Freddie Mercury.
>
>Greg Goss:
>> Nothing on google's canadian page. Even if I try google.us
>
>Yesterday, not today.

It was still there today for the US.

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 7:31:16 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:49:37 -0700 (PDT), art...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Sep 6, 12:41ÿpm, John Hatpin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Snidely

Sep 6, 2011, 8:00:21 PM9/6/11
"Lesmond" <les...@verizon.net> scribbled something like ...

> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:37:48 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:
>
>>"Boron Elgar":
>>
>>Greg Goss:
>>> Nothing on google's canadian page. Even if I try google.us
>>
>>Yesterday, not today.
>
> It was still there today for the US.

"still" is the wrong word. Maybe "eventually". Delayed a day by our
holiday calendar; everybody else celebrated on the actual natal
anniversary.

/dps

Dover Beach

Sep 6, 2011, 8:50:11 PM9/6/11
"Lesmond" <les...@verizon.net> wrote in

> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:49:37 -0700 (PDT), art...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

>>On Sep 6, 12:41�pm, John Hatpin

>><RemoveThisjfhop...@gmailAndThisToo.com> wrote:

>>> Me. Couldn't stand Queen, and don't see what all the fuss was about.
>>
>>If I never hear "Another one bites the dust" again I won't be too
>>upset.
>> Or "Fat Bottomed Girls"
>>A few of their songs I liked such as "Killer Queen"
>>I also liked "Under Pressure" with David Bowie
>>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

That's a great song. I lived for Queen in high school. Saw them live
twice. Freddie had a once-in-a-decade voice. Ignore the haters.

QueBarbara

Sep 6, 2011, 9:31:05 PM9/6/11
On 7 Sep 2011 00:50:11 GMT, Dover Beach <moon.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Queen was one of the first bands I ever saw live. I used to date a
wonderful guy that was a dead ringer for Freddie Mercury. That wasn't
why I dated him, but to this day I can't look at a photo of Freddie
Mercury without getting pleasant flashbacks.

--
QueBarbara

I bought this piano for a song.

Boron Elgar

Sep 6, 2011, 9:31:31 PM9/6/11
wrote:

>"Lesmond" <les...@verizon.net> wrote in

I am jealous.

Boron

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 10:35:11 PM9/6/11

I have seen hundreds of bands in my life and I NEVER SAW QUEEN. Sad, I am.
But as much as I'd like to hate you, I'm happy for you.

Lesmond

Sep 6, 2011, 10:35:51 PM9/6/11

Even to the teeth?

QueBarbara

Sep 6, 2011, 11:09:41 PM9/6/11
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:35:51 -0400 (EDT), "Lesmond"
<les...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:31:05 -0500, QueBarbara wrote:
>
>>On 7 Sep 2011 00:50:11 GMT, Dover Beach <moon.b...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>That's a great song. I lived for Queen in high school. Saw them live
>>>twice. Freddie had a once-in-a-decade voice. Ignore the haters.
>>
>>Queen was one of the first bands I ever saw live. I used to date a
>>wonderful guy that was a dead ringer for Freddie Mercury. That wasn't
>>why I dated him, but to this day I can't look at a photo of Freddie
>>Mercury without getting pleasant flashbacks.
>
>Even to the teeth?

Not quite. A) he was American, but B) it was the 1980's in rural
Indiana so although many kids had braces, perfectly aligned white
teeth weren't ubiquitous. Compared to Freddie, Randy just had a slight
overbite.

N Jill Marsh

Sep 7, 2011, 10:31:58 AM9/7/11
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 06:40:43 -0600, Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:

>Boron Elgar <boron...@hootmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I miss Freddie Mercury.
>

>Nothing on google's canadian page. Even if I try google.us

Got it here no problem. Maybe you're not cool enough for Freddie
Mercury Day.

nj"paid my dues"m

--
Maybe, you've been watching too much teevee.
Because crazy on that box, is everything that crazy's not.

Greg Goss

Sep 7, 2011, 11:47:03 AM9/7/11
N Jill Marsh <njm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 06:40:43 -0600, Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
>
>>Boron Elgar <boron...@hootmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I miss Freddie Mercury.
>>
>>Nothing on google's canadian page. Even if I try google.us
>
>Got it here no problem. Maybe you're not cool enough for Freddie
>Mercury Day.
>
>nj"paid my dues"m

The problem was that they offset it a day for the Americans, so by the
time I was told about it, the rest of the world had already moved on.

My google-built browser searches from the URL box, so I never go to
google.com unless I'm told that there's a doodle to look at.