Express Your Outrage!

Beaver Fever

Jun 27, 2022, 7:26:04 PM6/27/22
FUKK INFLATION

Les Albert

Jun 27, 2022, 11:32:58 PM6/27/22
On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:26:02 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
<Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

>FUKK INFLATION

Okkay. And we'll kkickk it in the kkeister.

Les

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jun 28, 2022, 3:57:57 AM6/28/22
On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

About Roe v Wade? Russian destruction of Ukraine?

> FUKK INFLATION

oh.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Beaver Fever

Jun 28, 2022, 11:43:06 AM6/28/22
On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 12:57:57 AM UTC-7, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
> Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>
> About Roe v Wade?

Irrelevant to my situation.

Russian destruction of Ukraine?

Actually somewhat resentful this was pushed off the front pages. We should be doing more.

> > FUKK INFLATION
>
> oh.

My money is going up in flames without me even doing anything to it

Les Albert

Jun 28, 2022, 12:09:21 PM6/28/22
You should consider yourself fortunate that you don't own a car.
I live in N.Ca, in an area known for very high gasoline prices.
I filled up (approx. 14 gallons) with the highest grade of gas last
week, and the pump stopped automatically when the total got to $100.

Les

Beaver Fever

Jun 28, 2022, 1:00:08 PM6/28/22
OUCH

Still not really good for my personal life which is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Beaver Fever

Jun 28, 2022, 1:21:33 PM6/28/22
On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 9:09:21 AM UTC-7, Les wrote:
I went to Oakland in May

I was supposed to take my mom for 4 days in the bay but she had emergency back surgery and now can no longer walk so I went on a solo overnighter to the concert I planned on.

Aren't the high gas prices due to taxation? In that case shouldn't you be happy to be able to pay such high prices?

Les Albert

Jun 28, 2022, 4:00:15 PM6/28/22
On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 10:21:31 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
<Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 9:09:21 AM UTC-7, Les wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 08:43:03 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever

>> >My money is going up in flames without me even doing anything to it

>> You should consider yourself fortunate that you don't own a car.
>> I live in N.Ca, in an area known for very high gasoline prices.
>> I filled up (approx. 14 gallons) with the highest grade of gas last
>> week, and the pump stopped automatically when the total got to $100.
>> Les

>I went to Oakland in May
>I was supposed to take my mom for 4 days in the bay but she had emergency
>back surgery and now can no longer walk so I went on a solo overnighter to the concert I planned on.
>Aren't the high gas prices due to taxation? In that case shouldn't you be happy to be able to pay such high prices?

Why should I be happy to pay high prices because of the tax? The idea
is to pay as little tax as you legally can. Anyway, the high gas
prices are only partly due to taxes on the gallon; I believe most of
the high gasoline prices here are due to price gouging by the
refineries, and I am not alone in that belief.

Les