Napoleonland

Veronique

Jan 23, 2012, 12:46:19 PM1/23/12
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/France-plans-Napoleonland.html

"...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site of
the brilliant but doomed French leader’s final victory against the
Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers and
horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during the
revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power."

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

Opus the Penguin

Jan 23, 2012, 4:13:19 PM1/23/12
Veronique (veroniq...@gmail.com) wrote:

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
> nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
>

> "...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
> of the brilliant but doomed French leader’s final victory against
> the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
> Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
> through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
> and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
> the revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power."

I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.

--
Opus the Penguin
The best darn penguin in all of Usenet

Les Albert

Jan 23, 2012, 9:05:27 PM1/23/12
It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.

Les

Bill Kinkaid

Jan 24, 2012, 10:31:54 AM1/24/12
In article <bd4sh7tq0b63bm4ip...@4ax.com>, lalbert1
@aol.com says...

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
> <opusthepen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Veronique (veroniq...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> >> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
> >> nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
> >> "...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
> >> of the brilliant but doomed French leader?s final victory against
> >> the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
> >> Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
> >> through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
> >> and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
> >> the revolution ? the precursor to Napoleon?s rise to power."
>
> >I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
>

> It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.
>
> Les

Speaking of which. Someone from Down Sowth mistakes the Vancouver Police
Chief Jim Chu (who is Chinese-Canadian) for an Eskimo.

http://www.vancourier.com/life/12th+Cambie+chuckles/6012878/story.html

--

Bill in Vancouver
https://picasaweb.google.com/BillKinkaid

Boron Elgar

Jan 24, 2012, 11:02:38 AM1/24/12
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:31:54 -0800, Bill Kinkaid <billk...@shaw.ca>
wrote:
We Quinns get mistaken for Eskimos all the time.

Boron

David J. Martin

Jan 24, 2012, 11:41:02 AM1/24/12
It must be the pigeons.

David

N Jill Marsh

Jan 24, 2012, 12:26:34 PM1/24/12
wrote:

>In article <bd4sh7tq0b63bm4ip...@4ax.com>, lalbert1
>@aol.com says...
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
>> <opusthepen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
>> It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.
>>
>Speaking of which. Someone from Down Sowth mistakes the Vancouver Police
>Chief Jim Chu (who is Chinese-Canadian) for an Eskimo.
>
>http://www.vancourier.com/life/12th+Cambie+chuckles/6012878/story.html

I can see it, although I don't know how one would continue to make the
mistake if one knew his last name.

nj"wrong name, wrong accent, wrong uniform, wrong face"m

--
"You always know after you are two. Two is the beginning of the end"

lee ayrton

Jan 24, 2012, 1:24:03 PM1/24/12
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy.

John Dean

Jan 24, 2012, 7:03:08 PM1/24/12
Les Albert wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Opus the Penguin
> <opusthepen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Veronique (veroniq...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/Fra
>>> nce-plans-Napoleonland.html
>>> "...The plan is to build the unlikely amusement park on the site
>>> of the brilliant but doomed French leader's final victory against
>>> the Austrians in the Battle of Montereau in 1814 just south of
>>> Paris. ...Other curious potential attractions include a ski run
>>> through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers
>>> and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during
>>> the revolution - the precursor to Napoleon's rise to power."
>
>> I didn't even know Napoleon fought the Australians.
>

> It was shortly after he fought the Eskimos.

And coined the phrase "You've got to be Inuit to win it".

--
John Dean
Oxford

Beaver Fever

Jan 11, 2023, 11:46:20 PM1/11/23
There's a Napoleonville, in Louisiana

James Ronald

Apr 18, 2023, 1:48:45 AM4/18/23
Don't pass up the opportunity to visit our page and find what you're looking for with a single click!
https://brazilfrozenfoods.net/product/frozen-chicken-mid-joint-wings/