Umscribe Sergiu Luca

Snidely

Dec 10, 2010, 8:06:52 PM12/10/10
"The musicians, staff and board of Chamber Music Northwest note with
deep sadness the passing of Sergiu Luca this past Monday, December 6,
in Houston. Sergiu founded our organization and was its music director
from 1971 to 1980, and with his death, all of us have lost an
inspirational leader and friend."
[quote from e-mail from CMNW.ORG]

This one feels almost like a family member, because I got to attend
some the concerts in the early 70s, and Mr. Luca brought a sense of
fun and vitality to them. I was just thinking the other day about one
of my first t-shirts that wasn't plain white ... it had a picture and
text in a particular color. The picture was of a Viennese composer,
and the text was "Flavor of the Day: Orange Schubert".

Since Mr Luca was a violinist, maybe it's time for me to dig out "Lark
Ascending".

/dps

Snidely

Dec 10, 2010, 8:10:33 PM12/10/10

Snidely

Dec 10, 2010, 9:08:50 PM12/10/10

Mr Luca, in partnership with Mr Golub and Mr Fuller, put out a CD
titled, "Bach Busoni (unhyphenated)". FACET 8005, Delos 1987. All
are now deceased, Mr Golub in 2000 and Mr Fuller in 2007.

/dps

Boron Elgar

Dec 10, 2010, 10:30:15 PM12/10/10
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:06:52 -0800 (PST), Snidely
<snide...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"The musicians, staff and board of Chamber Music Northwest note with
>deep sadness the passing of Sergiu Luca this past Monday, December 6,
>in Houston. Sergiu founded our organization and was its music director
>from 1971 to 1980, and with his death, all of us have lost an
>inspirational leader and friend."
>[quote from e-mail from CMNW.ORG]
>
>This one feels almost like a family member, because I got to attend
>some the concerts in the early 70s, and Mr. Luca brought a sense of
>fun and vitality to them. I was just thinking the other day about one
>of my first t-shirts that wasn't plain white ... it had a picture and
>text in a particular color. The picture was of a Viennese composer,
>and the text was "Flavor of the Day: Orange Schubert".

Jeepers, only 67.

>Since Mr Luca was a violinist, maybe it's time for me to dig out "Lark
>Ascending".

One of my favorites from one of my favorites.

Boron

art...@yahoo.com

Dec 11, 2010, 10:19:00 AM12/11/10

IIRC Bach is also dead. Howz about Busoni?

Snidely

Dec 11, 2010, 12:54:53 PM12/11/10

Our best hope is a member of the production crew ... maybe the kid who
brought the coffee.

/dps