Dana, Kim, Lisa, DF Manno

Beaver Fever

Feb 26, 2023, 7:52:45 PM2/26/23
Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for their betrayal

Snidely

Feb 27, 2023, 2:52:58 PM2/27/23
Beaver Fever is guilty of
<ecada522-d854-4834...@googlegroups.com> as of
2/26/2023 4:52:44 PM

> Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for
> their betrayal

DF Manno died. I suppose it's hard to forgive that sort of betrayal.
The others seem to have drifted away when the bulk of the posts were of
no interest to them.

/dps

--
"First thing in the morning, before I have coffee, I read the obits, If
I'm not in it, I'll have breakfast." -- Carl Reiner, to CBS News in

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 27, 2023, 3:22:28 PM2/27/23
On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 11:52:52 -0800
Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Beaver Fever is guilty of
> <ecada522-d854-4834...@googlegroups.com> as of
> 2/26/2023 4:52:44 PM
>
> > Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for
> > their betrayal
>
> DF Manno died. I suppose it's hard to forgive that sort of betrayal.
> The others seem to have drifted away when the bulk of the posts were of
> no interest to them.

Only BF posts his life story here. Cecil must be rolling in his grave.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Beaver Fever

Feb 27, 2023, 6:14:26 PM2/27/23
The group is reflective of the people who post here. I guess they ceased to become interesting?

Snidely

Feb 27, 2023, 9:20:00 PM2/27/23
After serious thinking Kerr-Mudd, John wrote :
Well, my memory (2 grey cells) is that much of the drift occurred when
the Chicago economist was around and someone ISTR as "George" was
posting random ootewb music videos recreating his yute.

/dps

--
"Maintaining a really good conspiracy requires far more intelligent
application, by a large number of people, than the world can readily

Sam Plusnet

Beaver Fever

Feb 27, 2023, 9:21:18 PM2/27/23
He wasn't really an economist, he was just pretending to be one in a desperate bid for status and credibility. He left when he realized it wasn't forthcoming.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 28, 2023, 4:39:43 AM2/28/23
On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 18:21:17 -0800 (PST)
Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 6:20:00 PM UTC-8, Snidely wrote:
> > After serious thinking Kerr-Mudd, John wrote :

> > > Only BF posts his life story here. Cecil must be rolling in his grave.
> > Well, my memory (2 grey cells) is that much of the drift occurred when
> > the Chicago economist was around and someone ISTR as "George" was
> > posting random ootewb music videos recreating his yute.
> >
> > /dps
> >
> > --
> > "Maintaining a really good conspiracy requires far more intelligent
> > application, by a large number of people, than the world can readily
> > supply."
> >
> > Sam Plusnet

Fame!

> He wasn't really an economist, he was just pretending to be one in a desperate bid for status and credibility. He left when he realized it wasn't forthcoming.

AUE has a similar couple of characters but they ain't leaving, one is
desperately pushing a 'new' physics that denies relativity, and how his
free energy reactionless railgun can save the planet, as he alone is a
genius, being oppressed by all those mainstream scientists (note this is
an English Usage NG, not a weird science NG).

Also a plain antisemitic racist, but just about everyone but 1 or 2
numpties have them KF'd.

There was also an extremely hair-triggered fowl-mouthed poster but he died.

But mostly 'we' lose the informative/funny posters. Such is life's great
tapestry.

NB afca/aue xpost. Just for Sam.

Sam Plusnet

Feb 28, 2023, 2:54:46 PM2/28/23
False fame. I have no idea what my nym is doing in there.

--
Sam Plusnet

Snidely

Feb 28, 2023, 5:21:01 PM2/28/23
Beaver Fever asserted that:
Your insight is as impressive as your writing.

/dps

--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain

Les Albert

Mar 12, 2023, 7:59:12 PM3/12/23
On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:52:44 -0800 (PST), Beaver Fever
<Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

>Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for their betrayal

They have been out of here far longer than the group started its
decline. I always thought they went to Facebook or became Twitterati.

Les

Beaver Fever

Mar 13, 2023, 3:06:07 AM3/13/23
your name looks familiar

Les Albert

Mar 13, 2023, 11:34:35 PM3/13/23
On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 00:06:05 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
<Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
You must be thinking of someone else, probably what's-his-name.

Les

Lee Ayrton

Apr 9, 2023, 12:07:55 PM4/9/23
On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 7:52:45 PM UTC-5, Beaver Fever wrote:
> Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for their betrayal

They went to FB, but have been less and less active (where I can see them at least.)

Part of the problem is that Usenet isn't well supported by apps, the Google Groups interface I'm using right now is clunky at best.

Lee "Chopped liver" Ayrton

Kerr-Mudd, John

Apr 9, 2023, 4:14:14 PM4/9/23
Perhaps Mr Adams is getting less known. (I confess I only found out about
his work by looking for a Douglas Adams ng)

Michael Trew

Apr 10, 2023, 5:30:23 PM4/10/23
On 4/9/2023 16:05, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 09:07:54 -0700 (PDT) Lee
> Ayrton<layrt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 7:52:45 PM UTC-5, Beaver Fever
>> wrote:
>>> Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be
>>> forgiven for their betrayal
>>
>> They went to FB, but have been less and less active (where I can
>> see them at least.)
>>
>> Part of the problem is that Usenet isn't well supported by apps,
>> the Google Groups interface I'm using right now is clunky at best.

Google Groups is a poor interface, at best. To each their own, but I
don't touch Usenet unless I'm sitting at a computer with a real keyboard
to type. Thunderbird does the trick, and is easy to set up. Eternal
September is free, and block news only costs a few dollars for enough
text Usenet bandwidth for life.

> Perhaps Mr Adams is getting less known. (I confess I only found out
> about his work by looking for a Douglas Adams ng)

I came across the "Straight Dope" years ago. I was quite disappointed
when the column was discontinued... I was still receiving it via E-mail
newsletter.

Beaver Fever

Jan 24, 2024, 8:16:24 PMJan 24
On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-8, Beaver Fever wrote:
> Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for their betrayal

please come back and say goodbye one last time before Google shuts us down

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 25, 2024, 4:05:43 AMJan 25
Google can go do one.

Snidely

Jan 25, 2024, 6:59:32 AMJan 25
Kerr-Mudd, John scribbled something on Thursday the 1/25/2024:
To be fair, Beaver Fever is the Googler; Dana, Kim, and Lisa weren't,
and DF probably wasn't but he isn't coming back anywhere.

/dps

--
potstickers, Japanese gyoza, Chinese dumplings, let's do it

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 25, 2024, 12:36:04 PMJan 25
On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 03:59:14 -0800
Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kerr-Mudd, John scribbled something on Thursday the 1/25/2024:
> > On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 17:16:23 -0800 (PST)
> > Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

> >> please come back and say goodbye one last time before Google shuts us down
> >
> > Google can go do one.
>
> To be fair, Beaver Fever is the Googler; Dana, Kim, and Lisa weren't,
> and DF probably wasn't but he isn't coming back anywhere.

BF was always the most attention seeking poster; now there's little here,
and hopefully even less after the Big Shutdown.

> --z
> potstickers, Japanese gyoza, Chinese dumplings, let's do it

How potty!

Beaver Fever

Feb 9, 2024, 3:04:25 PMFeb 9
AFCA died with DF Manno. He was the true conscience of the group.

Beaver Fever

Feb 19, 2024, 11:09:02 PMFeb 19
On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-8, Beaver Fever wrote:
> Abandoned this group when it needed them most and shall not be forgiven for their betrayal

Lesmond, Dover, Marie, Paul love you and miss you all

Bob

Feb 20, 2024, 1:42:56 PMFeb 20
It's just the people in the subject line who are gone, right? Not the people in that last line, I hope!