Brexit Clown Panic?

Howard

Sep 30, 2021, 1:19:50 PM9/30/21
Brexit visa restrictions leads to shortage of clowns in Northern Ireland:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-58733754

It sounds like Covid also plays a big role, to be fair, as clowns dispersed
to home countries during lockdowns. But where it was once possible for
Pierre Le Boufon and Gustav Komiker to throw pies in Belfast at the drop of
a battered bowler or top hat, new work visa rules make it difficult for 20
foreign clowns to pile into a VW and take a ferry over when a circus is
hiring.

John Halpenny

Oct 1, 2021, 6:59:09 PM10/1/21
How many different jobs will this affect in the next few months? We have already seen what happens to fuel truck drivers.

John

Boron Elgar

Oct 2, 2021, 5:25:29 PM10/2/21
I heard Boris talk during the petrol dust-up, saying (not direct
quote) he was certainly not going to go back to the old immigration
bother of the previous 20 years and the Brexit had helped with that.

Harumph. Hate the bastard.

John- how are you these days? What's with the kids?

occam

Oct 3, 2021, 3:11:46 AM10/3/21
Someone should tell Northern Ireland that we have a perfect candidate
for their clown shortage - our PM, Boris the tousle-haired buffoon.