Music to get me through this....

art...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2017, 10:11:01 PM1/31/17
Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

Alfalfa Bill

Jan 31, 2017, 10:16:11 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:11:01 PM UTC-6, art...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

I lack the proper drugs to fully appreciate that selection.

Or to get through the Trump presidency either.

Peter Boulding

Feb 1, 2017, 3:55:29 AM2/1/17
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:11:00 -0800 (PST), "art...@yahoo.com"
<art...@yahoo.com> wrote in
<69953d1e-ac5d-4470...@googlegroups.com>:

>Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

Try these - quick, before Trump bans music from Muslim countries -
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8idsjnINdYo>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRjpp8bcw5Q>

Full album here: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH3XegtkCu8>

--
Regards, Peter Boulding
pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")

Howard .

Feb 1, 2017, 9:16:41 AM2/1/17
Peter Boulding <pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk> wrote :

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:11:00 -0800 (PST), "art...@yahoo.com"
>
>>Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

I'm hoping they found an easier way to film that than what OK Go did for
Upside Down and Inside Out.

> Try these - quick, before Trump bans music from Muslim countries -
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8idsjnINdYo>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRjpp8bcw5Q>
>
> Full album here: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH3XegtkCu8>

Does Trump have conflicts of interest in Mali? If so, they'll be fine.

Anyway, that's great music.

This is another song that could be on the hit list, by They Might Be
Giants:

https://youtu.be/ty33v7UYYbw

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 1, 2017, 9:44:55 AM2/1/17
This one is more appropriate and doesn't require the drugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoQgODwveE

(It's a new month,)

Howard .

Feb 1, 2017, 12:51:35 PM2/1/17
"art...@yahoo.com" <art...@yahoo.com> wrote

> This one is more appropriate and doesn't require the drugs
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoQgODwveE
>
> (It's a new month,)

Los Lobos:

Will the Wolf Survive?

https://youtu.be/lJVsUMKftMo

Gates of Gold

https://youtu.be/FELy9fbhB-M

Lesmond

Feb 2, 2017, 11:10:11 PM2/2/17
Post as many as you'd like. I'm enjoying several of the postings.

--
She may contain the urge to run away
But hold her down with soggy clothes and breeze blocks

Beaver Fever

Feb 3, 2017, 2:29:05 PM2/3/17

Beaver Fever

Feb 3, 2017, 2:29:44 PM2/3/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:11:01 PM UTC-8, art...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

I, for one, am enjoying every minute of this and probably will continue to do so up until the moment I become a victim.

rogerh...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2017, 2:50:24 PM2/5/17
Just out of curiosity, a victim of what?

Beaver Fever

Feb 5, 2017, 3:37:57 PM2/5/17
I don't know yet but might know it when I feel it.

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 5, 2017, 3:57:00 PM2/5/17
On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 11:10:11 PM UTC-5, Lesmond wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 06:44:54 -0800 (PST), art...@yahoo.com wrote:

> >> I lack the proper drugs to fully appreciate that selection.
> >>
> >> Or to get through the Trump presidency either.
> >
> >This one is more appropriate and doesn't require the drugs
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoQgODwveE
> >
> >(It's a new month,)
>
> Post as many as you'd like. I'm enjoying several of the postings.

The video contains clips from a very crappy movie, but the complete disintegration of society that happens in it is quite relevant. It also contains a female singer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te8YPuHq7v0

Lesmond

Feb 6, 2017, 1:20:07 AM2/6/17
Circumstance.

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 6, 2017, 11:32:37 AM2/6/17
On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 1:20:07 AM UTC-5, Lesmond wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 11:50:23 -0800 (PST), rogerh...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> I, for one, am enjoying every minute of this and probably will continue to
> >> do so up until the moment I become a victim.
> >>

> >Just out of curiosity, a victim of what?
>
> Circumstance.

Or maybe of love

I could be wrong, but I'm not.

Lesmond

Feb 6, 2017, 4:30:06 PM2/6/17
Not on my time.

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 6, 2017, 8:43:15 PM2/6/17
On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 11:10:11 PM UTC-5, Lesmond wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 06:44:54 -0800 (PST), art...@yahoo.com wrote:

> >> I lack the proper drugs to fully appreciate that selection.
> >>
> >> Or to get through the Trump presidency either.
> >
> >This one is more appropriate and doesn't require the drugs
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoQgODwveE
> >
> >(It's a new month,)
>
> Post as many as you'd like. I'm enjoying several of the postings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICVJ6MSxWM

Beaver Fever

Feb 6, 2017, 10:47:10 PM2/6/17
I just saw him 2 weeks ago. Great show.

rogerh...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 11:22:24 PM2/6/17

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 7, 2017, 12:08:43 AM2/7/17
Play that funky music white boy.

Howard .

Feb 7, 2017, 8:27:06 AM2/7/17
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats:

https://youtu.be/1iAYhQsQhSY

Lesmond

Feb 7, 2017, 1:40:06 PM2/7/17
Heh.

Lesmond

Feb 7, 2017, 1:40:08 PM2/7/17
Yeah, I love that. It was the first I had heard of Chuck Prophet.

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2017, 2:22:34 PM2/7/17
I had never heard of him until about 20 minutes before posting that, but a friend posted a video on Facebook.

Howard .

Feb 9, 2017, 5:38:49 PM2/9/17
"art...@yahoo.com" <art...@yahoo.com> wrote

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICVJ6MSxWM

If you want more Chuck Prophet, go here:

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/02/512689135/first-listen-chuck-prophet-bobby-
fuller-died-for-your-sins

http://tinyurl.com/j5gxay4

I haven't listened to this yet, but I heard Post War Cinematic Dead Man
Blues on the radio earlier today and that's a good one.

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 14, 2017, 12:12:24 AM2/14/17
This one is dedicated to General Michael Flynn who gave the best 23 days of his life to the Trump Administration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUIYwrMyiQ

bill van

Feb 14, 2017, 12:15:54 AM2/14/17
In article <31d1fbfd-c218-4fa7...@googlegroups.com>,
I'm trying to figure out why I'm watching so much CNN. I don't usually
do that except for natural disasters. Oh, and train wrecks. I think this
is one of those train wrecks that you can't look away from.
--
bill

Les Albert

Feb 14, 2017, 11:54:48 AM2/14/17
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:15:52 -0800, bill van <bil...@delete.shaw.ca>
wrote:
> Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com> wrote:

>> This one is dedicated to General Michael Flynn who gave the best 23 days of
>> his life to the Trump Administration.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUIYwrMyiQ

>I'm trying to figure out why I'm watching so much CNN. I don't usually
>do that except for natural disasters. Oh, and train wrecks. I think this
>is one of those train wrecks that you can't look away from.

CNN is a channel I never used to look at, but now it's a daily
requirement: Spicer's daily press conference has become a great soap
opera. But it has been noted that Spicer has an audience of one that
he plays to, our sociopathic president. El Jefe watches the press
conference and than critiques Spicer afterward (in addition to how he
answers questions, after Spicer's first couple of meetings with the
press Trump told him his suits were ill-fitting and that he should not
wear those light colored suits). It has been leaked that Spicer finds
the daily presidential criticism stressful.

Les

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 14, 2017, 9:32:15 PM2/14/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:11:01 PM UTC-5, art...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

Things are probably worse than the title of this video suggests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3R_3h6zQEs

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 14, 2017, 9:33:26 PM2/14/17
On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 12:12:24 AM UTC-5, Alfalfa Bill wrote:
> This one is dedicated to General Michael Flynn who gave the best 23 days of his life to the Trump Administration.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUIYwrMyiQ

I guess he is out like Flynn

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 14, 2017, 10:24:02 PM2/14/17
Flynn was an intelligence expert who apparently never suspected that the FBI could be tapping the phone of the Russian Ambassador. Isn't that naïve for a man who spent the last 30 years of his life in the world of intelligence?

And how many foreign spies do you think are now working at Mar-a-Logo? Spies in the dining crew, spies in the housekeeping staff, you probably can't swing the nuclear football without hitting a spy.

Peter Boulding

Feb 15, 2017, 2:07:19 AM2/15/17
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 19:24:01 -0800 (PST), Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com>
wrote in <afee8f90-7ad2-4196...@googlegroups.com>:

>Flynn was an intelligence expert who apparently never suspected
>that the FBI could be tapping the phone of the Russian Ambassador.
>Isn't that naïve for a man who spent the last 30 years of his life in
>the world of intelligence?

You have to understand that there are two totally separate
concepts called "intelligence":

1. the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

2. the collection of information of military or political value.

The former is derived from the Latin "intelligere" -- which means
to understand; the latter is of unknown -- possibly alien -- origin,
and is used with a straight face only above the relevant glass ceilings.

>And how many foreign spies do you think are now working at
>Mar-a-Logo? Spies in the dining crew, spies in the housekeeping
>staff, you probably can't swing the nuclear football without hitting
>a spy.

<thinks: why the fuck is it called the nuclear *football*?? Let's ask
Jimmy Wales>

Turns out that not only is it not football-shaped, it isn't rugby ball-
shaped, either (that's what the elongated ball Americans call a
"football" really is).

It is, in fact, a rectangular metal briefcase (you know the sort -- a bit
ugly but strong and serviceable; curved corners) with an antenna sticking
out of it ... placed, for some incomprehensible reason, inside a somewhat
more tasteful leather briefcase.

It contains booklets -- and summary cards for the more than usually
addle-pated president -- detailing the kinds of nuke attacks the president
can order, and the necessary authentication codes. Plus, one assumes on
account of that antenna, some kind of secure communications device that
the president can use to give the order.

In a somewhat unnerving aside, Wikipedia comments,
] Journalist Ron Rosenbaum has pointed out that the operational plan for
] nuclear strike orders is entirely concerned with the identity of the
] commanding officer and the authenticity of the order, and there are no
] safeguards to verify that the person issuing the order is actually
] sane. Notably, Major Harold Hering was discharged from the Air Force in
] late 1973 for asking the question "How can I know that an order I receive
] to launch my missiles came from a sane president?"

According to the Washington Post, America's launch protocols were put
together in the days when everyone worried more about insane generals than
about insane presidents.

(At which point I realise that I still don't know why it's called the
nuclear football. Wikipedia does tentatively offer a possible derivation,
but it doesn't sound very convincing. The internet is like that.)

--
Regards, Peter Boulding
pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
Fractal Images and Music: http://www.pboulding.co.uk/
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=794240&content=music

Snidely

Feb 15, 2017, 2:18:36 AM2/15/17
Peter Boulding pounded on thar keyboard to tell us
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 19:24:01 -0800 (PST), Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com>
> wrote in <afee8f90-7ad2-4196...@googlegroups.com>:
>
>> Flynn was an intelligence expert who apparently never suspected
>> that the FBI could be tapping the phone of the Russian Ambassador.
>> Isn't that naïve for a man who spent the last 30 years of his life in
>> the world of intelligence?
>
> You have to understand that there are two totally separate
> concepts called "intelligence":
>
> 1. the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
>
> 2. the collection of information of military or political value.
>
> The former is derived from the Latin "intelligere" -- which means
> to understand; the latter is of unknown -- possibly alien -- origin,
> and is used with a straight face only above the relevant glass ceilings.
>

>> And how many foreign spies do you think are now working at
>> Mar-a-Logo? Spies in the dining crew, spies in the housekeeping
>> staff, you probably can't swing the nuclear football without hitting
>> a spy.
>
> <thinks: why the fuck is it called the nuclear *football*?? Let's ask
> Jimmy Wales>
>
> Turns out that not only is it not football-shaped, it isn't rugby ball-
> shaped, either (that's what the elongated ball Americans call a
> "football" really is).

Are you sure? I think a rugby ball is more rounded than an American
football.

> It is, in fact, a rectangular metal briefcase (you know the sort -- a bit
> ugly but strong and serviceable; curved corners) with an antenna sticking
> out of it ... placed, for some incomprehensible reason, inside a somewhat
> more tasteful leather briefcase.
>
> It contains booklets -- and summary cards for the more than usually
> addle-pated president -- detailing the kinds of nuke attacks the president
> can order, and the necessary authentication codes. Plus, one assumes on
> account of that antenna, some kind of secure communications device that
> the president can use to give the order.
>
> In a somewhat unnerving aside, Wikipedia comments,
> ] Journalist Ron Rosenbaum has pointed out that the operational plan for
> ] nuclear strike orders is entirely concerned with the identity of the
> ] commanding officer and the authenticity of the order, and there are no
> ] safeguards to verify that the person issuing the order is actually
> ] sane. Notably, Major Harold Hering was discharged from the Air Force in
> ] late 1973 for asking the question "How can I know that an order I receive
> ] to launch my missiles came from a sane president?"
>
> According to the Washington Post, America's launch protocols were put
> together in the days when everyone worried more about insane generals than
> about insane presidents.
>

> (At which point I realise that I still don't know why it's called the
> nuclear football. Wikipedia does tentatively offer a possible derivation,
> but it doesn't sound very convincing. The internet is like that.)

Because you can throw a pass with it, and if you throw if far enough
it's a "Hail Mary"?

(I wouldn't try punting it, unless I had an exoskeleton protecting my
foot.)

/dps

--
"This is all very fine, but let us not be carried away be excitement,
but ask calmly, how does this person feel about in in his cooler

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 15, 2017, 5:03:52 AM2/15/17
According to former Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara, the Football acquired its name from an early nuclear war plan code-named “Dropkick.” (“Dropkick” needed a “football” in order to be put into effect.) The earliest known photograph of a military aide trailing the president with the telltale black briefcase (a modified version of a standard Zero-Halliburton model) was taken on May 10, 1963, at the Kennedy family compound in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/real-story-football-follows-president-everywhere-180952779/#LUAfdqGwd4eRQ5hs.99

https://tinyurl.com/h443ptl

Rick B.

Feb 15, 2017, 6:03:07 AM2/15/17
"art...@yahoo.com" <art...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:333f9b2f-df5e-42f3-929a-
d92461...@googlegroups.com:
The title, at least, may be an appropriate description of the whole
enterprise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjItDLnAwc

Greg Goss

Feb 15, 2017, 10:56:41 AM2/15/17
Peter Boulding <pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk> wrote:

>Turns out that not only is it not football-shaped, it isn't rugby ball-
>shaped, either (that's what the elongated ball Americans call a
>"football" really is).
>
>It is, in fact, a rectangular metal briefcase (you know the sort -- a bit
>ugly but strong and serviceable; curved corners) with an antenna sticking
>out of it ... placed, for some incomprehensible reason, inside a somewhat
>more tasteful leather briefcase.
>(At which point I realise that I still don't know why it's called the
>nuclear football. Wikipedia does tentatively offer a possible derivation,
>but it doesn't sound very convincing. The internet is like that.)

The standard play in American (and Canadian) style football is to hold
tightly to the ball while you try to run somewhere, and people dressed
differently than you are trying to take it away from you.

Unlike the game, you don't get four (or three) tries at it.

Peter Boulding

Feb 15, 2017, 11:45:00 AM2/15/17
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:56:30 -0700, Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote in
<egjc1m...@mid.individual.net>:

>>(At which point I realise that I still don't know why it's called the
>>nuclear football. Wikipedia does tentatively offer a possible derivation,
>>but it doesn't sound very convincing. The internet is like that.)

>The standard play in American (and Canadian) style football is to hold
>tightly to the ball while you try to run somewhere, and people dressed
>differently than you are trying to take it away from you.

Yeah. That's rugby.[1]

And I like that explanation better than the one offered by Alfalfa
Bill/Wikipedia.

[1] Rugby: a violent game played by middle-class thugs with funny-shaped
balls.

Les Albert

Feb 15, 2017, 11:56:06 AM2/15/17
Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com>wrote

>And how many foreign spies do you think are now working at
>Mar-a-Logo? Spies in the dining crew, spies in the housekeeping
>staff, you probably can't swing the nuclear football without hitting
>a spy.

I don't think you have to worry about spies at Mar-a-Lago. The
president may be a jerk about security but I will bet the employees
have had extensive background checks by people who have been doing
such work for decades and know what they are doing. BUT if you really
want to worry about national security then look at this recent article
and photo; the url says it all:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319038-dem-senator-calls-out-trump-for-leaving-key-to-classified-info

Les

Les Albert

Feb 15, 2017, 12:07:04 PM2/15/17
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 07:07:13 +0000, Peter Boulding
<pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk> wrote:

>According to the Washington Post, America's launch protocols were put
>together in the days when everyone worried more about insane generals than
>about insane presidents.

Did you ever see the movie, "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop
Worrying and Love the Bomb"? see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strangelove
It's from 1964 but it never seems to be out-dated.

Maybe later in Trump's administration everyone will watch "Seven Days
in May", another 1964 movie:
1964 American political thriller motion picture about a
military-political cabal's planned take-over of the United States
government in reaction to the president's negotiation of a disarmament
treaty with the Soviet Union. ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Days_in_May

Les

BillT...@billturlock.com

Feb 15, 2017, 2:51:56 PM2/15/17
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 07:07:13 +0000, Peter Boulding
<pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk> wrote:

>addle-pated

I love that word. Haven't seen it in a long time, but use it
frequently as regards one's self.

Bill "periods of lucidity" Turlock

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 15, 2017, 8:54:09 PM2/15/17
All I can say is that Hanlon's razor is looking very bloody these days.

Questor

Feb 22, 2017, 1:37:45 AM2/22/17
wrote:
>Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2zKdIcOV5s

Questor

Feb 22, 2017, 1:42:50 AM2/22/17
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:56:02 -0800, Les Albert <lalb...@aol.com> wrote:
>Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com>wrote
>>And how many foreign spies do you think are now working at
>>Mar-a-Logo? Spies in the dining crew, spies in the housekeeping
>>staff, you probably can't swing the nuclear football without hitting
>>a spy.
>
>I don't think you have to worry about spies at Mar-a-Lago. The
>president may be a jerk about security but I will bet the employees
>have had extensive background checks by people who have been doing
>such work for decades and know what they are doing.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2017/02/white-house-failed-background-checks-dismissals-235112

"Several White House staffers were dismissed Thursday morning after failing FBI
background checks, according to sources familiar with the matter.

"Some of the aides were "walked out of the building by security" on Wednesday
after not passing the SF86, a Questionnaire for National Security Positions for
security clearance.

"Among those who won't be working at the White House was President Donald
Trump’s director of scheduling, Caroline Wiles, the daughter of Susan Wiles,
Trump’s Florida campaign director and former chief of staff to Governor Rick
Scott. Wiles, who resigned Friday before the background check was completed,
was appointed deputy assistant secretary before the inauguration in January. Two
sources close to Wiles said she will get another job in Treasury.

"She's among others who failed to pass the intensive background check, which
includes questions on the applicant's credit score, substance use and other
personal subjects."

Peter Boulding

Feb 22, 2017, 2:00:04 AM2/22/17
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:39:25 GMT, use...@only.tnx (Questor) wrote in
<58ad321a...@nntp2.rawbw.com>:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1yQ2f1KtKc>

Kerr Mudd-John

Feb 22, 2017, 6:25:02 AM2/22/17
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:59:55 -0000, Peter Boulding
<pjbn...@unspampboulding.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:39:25 GMT, use...@only.tnx (Questor) wrote in
> <58ad321a...@nntp2.rawbw.com>:
>
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:11:00 -0800 (PST), "art...@yahoo.com"
>> <art...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2zKdIcOV5s
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1yQ2f1KtKc>

You know this is next up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-T0rC6m7I

Not sure that A-ah-ahh-ah is correctly transcribed.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Lesmond

Feb 22, 2017, 11:20:04 AM2/22/17
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:59:55 +0000, Peter Boulding wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:39:25 GMT, use...@only.tnx (Questor) wrote in
><58ad321a...@nntp2.rawbw.com>:
>
>>On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:11:00 -0800 (PST), "art...@yahoo.com" <art...@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:
>>>Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2zKdIcOV5s
>
><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1yQ2f1KtKc>

Yes! I'm seeing him again in April.

Les Albert

Feb 22, 2017, 11:49:01 AM2/22/17
The vetting system worked. As I posted above, the vetting is done by
people who have been doing that kind of work for decades.

Les

Peter Boulding

Feb 22, 2017, 12:09:59 PM2/22/17
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:18:07 -0500 (EST), "Lesmond" <les...@verizon.net>
wrote in <yrfzbaqirevmbaar...@192.168.0.8>:

>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1yQ2f1KtKc>
>
>Yes! I'm seeing him again in April.

Still performing? He'll be 78 by then.

Rick B.

Feb 22, 2017, 5:52:29 PM2/22/17
Peter Boulding <pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk> wrote in

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:39:25 GMT, use...@only.tnx (Questor) wrote in
> <58ad321a...@nntp2.rawbw.com>:
>
>>On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:11:00 -0800 (PST), "art...@yahoo.com"
>><art...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2zKdIcOV5s
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1yQ2f1KtKc>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADmUT7dCDi8

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 22, 2017, 7:56:33 PM2/22/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTZl3eRW_g

"She said that she was working for the ABC News
It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use"

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 22, 2017, 10:13:49 PM2/22/17
And then under the "At least it's not this bad yet" songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvLZMsYXlo

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 23, 2017, 12:30:55 AM2/23/17

Howard .

Feb 23, 2017, 11:05:46 AM2/23/17
Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 9:13:49 PM UTC-6, art...@yahoo.com

>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTZl3eRW_g
>> >
>> > "She said that she was working for the ABC News
>> > It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use"
>>
>> And then under the "At least it's not this bad yet" songs
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvLZMsYXlo
>
> But bad news is coming.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsf_m2fac8

A Change is Gonna Come

https://youtu.be/ZFRzO_KZkkQ

http://thebea.st/1ExvNPH

Lesmond

Feb 23, 2017, 1:20:03 PM2/23/17
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:09:53 +0000, Peter Boulding wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:18:07 -0500 (EST), "Lesmond" <les...@verizon.net>
>wrote in <yrfzbaqirevmbaar...@192.168.0.8>:
>
>>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1yQ2f1KtKc>
>>
>>Yes! I'm seeing him again in April.
>
>Still performing? He'll be 78 by then.

You'd never know it. I took my MIL to see him two years ago (yeah, I
couldn't find anyone my own age to go with me). He was amazing. And
hilarious.

So, I'm taking her again, this time also accompanied by my husband and my
SIL.

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 23, 2017, 5:54:47 PM2/23/17

art...@yahoo.com

Feb 23, 2017, 9:42:39 PM2/23/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:11:01 PM UTC-5, art...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

How did I forget to post this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hPnZUMBwA

Howard .

Feb 24, 2017, 9:49:45 AM2/24/17
I hadn't heard that, thanks.

This is another take on A Change is Gonna Come by Aretha Franklin:

https://youtu.be/k6YCxXQ6Scw

Her take begins "There's an old friend that I once heard say/ Something
that touched my heart / And it began this way..."

I heard an interview with her on Fresh Air and she talked about how she
had known Cooke when she was growing up -- Cooke started out as a gospel
singer and stayed at her house because her father was one of the best
known ministers in Detroit and his church was an important stop on the
gospel circuit.

Alfalfa Bill

Feb 25, 2017, 1:16:16 AM2/25/17
Had not heard Aretha's version. Everything she does is stunning. Thanks.

Back in the 1950s when Sam Cooke sang lead for the Soul Stirrers he was the biggest name in black gospel music. At that time there was a strict separation of gospel musicians from secular musicians in the black community. When he crossed over to pop he drew the ire of every gospel music lover hurt that he turned his back on the Lord for money.

He became the first soul singer. Before Al Green, before Aretha, before Gladys Knight, there was Sam Cooke singing pop songs the way he sang in church on Sunday.

This is my favorite from his Soul Stirrer period. Love his enunciation.

Jesus Gave Me Water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GiXlnDNXk

I love black gospel: Marian Anderson, Fisk Jubilee Singers, the Quartets, Aretha, all of it.

I have a gospel song that is a guilty pleasure. Musically, it is, well, bad. The piano is out of tune. The recording is poor quality. The choir is all over the place. But one thing that music can do is convey a feeling and on that score this is tremendous. The choir literally gets to the end of the song and can't stop singing.

Said I Wasn't Gonna Tell Nobody
by The Gospel Choir for The Abyssinian Baptist Church of Newark, New Jersey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-sPv8AatuM

You can all laugh at me now.

Howard .

Feb 25, 2017, 12:18:46 PM2/25/17
Alfalfa Bill <tedth...@aol.com> wrote

> I have a gospel song that is a guilty pleasure. Musically, it is,
> well, bad. The piano is out of tune. The recording is poor
> quality. The choir is all over the place. But one thing that music
> can do is convey a feeling and on that score this is tremendous.
> The choir literally gets to the end of the song and can't stop
> singing.
>
> Said I Wasn't Gonna Tell Nobody
> by The Gospel Choir for The Abyssinian Baptist Church of Newark, New
> Jersey
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-sPv8AatuM
>
> You can all laugh at me now.

That's great.

I'll occasionally wander through Youtube looking for music and come
across amateur versions which I'll listen to. Often they're awful, but
it's not uncommon to come across choirs, high school bands, etc. who are
far more fun and interesting to hear than professionally recorded studio
music.

snide...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2017, 6:15:43 PM3/3/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:11:01 PM UTC-8, art...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Every month I will add one. Feel free to contribute
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yy141q8HQ

<URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_8wz_xNI0&feature=youtu.be&t=716>
covers the situation pretty well.

OT, for BT: Diane Niccolini seems to be a good host.
KUSC is borrowing more of her time to cover a weekday extended leave,
though I think I "met" her as a weekend host.

/dps

BillT...@billturlock.com

Mar 3, 2017, 10:44:31 PM3/3/17
On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:15:42 -0800 (PST), snide...@gmail.com
wrote:

>OT, for BT: Diane Niccolini seems to be a good host.
>KUSC is borrowing more of her time to cover a weekday extended leave,
>though I think I "met" her as a weekend host.

I've had personal conversations with her regarding helping on
computer problems she was having... home or office I can't
remember. She's very nice, personable and seems easy to get along
with.

art...@yahoo.com

Mar 5, 2017, 6:38:04 PM3/5/17

art...@yahoo.com

Mar 5, 2017, 7:24:06 PM3/5/17
And some country just for the heck of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9BObgOcng

art...@yahoo.com

Mar 5, 2017, 7:42:16 PM3/5/17