quarterly change

Questor

Apr 10, 2021, 3:00:47 PM4/10/21

I got my first 2021 quarter yesterday -- The Tuskegee Airmen. It's the last
coin in the "America the Beautiful" (national parks) series. (Still waiting for
my first 2021 penny.)

For the rest of 2021, quarters will be minted with the familiar Flanagan design
that had been used since 1932, although the reverse will be General Washington
crossing Delaware River.

From 2022 to 2025 will be a series commemorating Prominent American Women,
followed by a series celebrating the United States Semiquincentennial in 2026,
and then a series depicting youth sports (?!) from 2027 to 2030.

--
Two buffalo girls go around the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside
(you know it!)

Michael Trew

Apr 10, 2021, 11:15:46 PM4/10/21
On 4/10/2021 3:02 PM, Questor wrote:
> I got my first 2021 quarter yesterday -- The Tuskegee Airmen. It's the last
> coin in the "America the Beautiful" (national parks) series. (Still waiting for
> my first 2021 penny.)
>
> For the rest of 2021, quarters will be minted with the familiar Flanagan design
> that had been used since 1932, although the reverse will be General Washington
> crossing Delaware River.
>
> From 2022 to 2025 will be a series commemorating Prominent American Women,
> followed by a series celebrating the United States Semiquincentennial in 2026,
> and then a series depicting youth sports (?!) from 2027 to 2030.

I stopped collecting quarters around the start of the state park
quarters. Ought to look back into it again. I probably have thousands
of dollars of old silver coins stashed away.

Questor

Apr 13, 2021, 9:17:07 AM4/13/21
Oh, I'm hardly a collector. I just like to take one or two of the shiniest
examples of each design and throw them in a jar. That's no way to store a coin
collection.

Michael Trew

Apr 13, 2021, 9:29:09 AM4/13/21
Hey, that's something! My 88 year old grandfather recently passed, and
he did something similar. We now have a couple jars full of coins.
Some of which are newer, like 1970's half dollars that are worth very
little. But there are quite a few silver coins that he just tossed into
jars when they were new in circulation. I found some back to the 1800's
that must have been odd-ball coins that weren't commonly seen in
circulation by the 1940's - 1950's... he likely just put them aside and
sat on them. My extent of collecting these days is about the same... I
simply set them aside when I find a rare silver dime in circulation, a
wheat penny, or whatever catches my eye.

Snidely

Apr 13, 2021, 4:14:38 PM4/13/21
Questor explained :

> I got my first 2021 quarter yesterday -- The Tuskegee Airmen. It's the last
> coin in the "America the Beautiful" (national parks) series. (Still waiting
> for my first 2021 penny.)

You are way ahead of me.

> For the rest of 2021, quarters will be minted with the familiar Flanagan
> design that had been used since 1932, although the reverse will be General
> Washington crossing Delaware River.
>
> From 2022 to 2025 will be a series commemorating Prominent American Women,
> followed by a series celebrating the United States Semiquincentennial in
> 2026, and then a series depicting youth sports (?!) from 2027 to 2030.

Thanks for the heads-up.

/dps

--
But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason
to 'be happy.'"

Snidely

Apr 15, 2021, 12:59:16 PM4/15/21
On Tuesday, Snidely pointed out that ...
> Questor explained :
>
>> I got my first 2021 quarter yesterday -- The Tuskegee Airmen. It's the
>> last
>> coin in the "America the Beautiful" (national parks) series. (Still
>> waiting for my first 2021 penny.)
>
> You are way ahead of me.

But I'm making progress ... I got 2 Tuskegee Airman in the first week
of April. From the same register, so probably fresh out of the roll.

>> For the rest of 2021, quarters will be minted with the familiar Flanagan
>> design that had been used since 1932, although the reverse will be General
>> Washington crossing Delaware River.
>>
>> From 2022 to 2025 will be a series commemorating Prominent American Women,
>> followed by a series celebrating the United States Semiquincentennial in
>> 2026, and then a series depicting youth sports (?!) from 2027 to 2030.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.

/dps

--
"This is all very fine, but let us not be carried away be excitement,
but ask calmly, how does this person feel about in in his cooler

Snidely

May 13, 2021, 2:50:53 AM5/13/21
Just this Thursday, Snidely explained that ...
> On Tuesday, Snidely pointed out that ...
>> Questor explained :
>>
>>> I got my first 2021 quarter yesterday -- The Tuskegee Airmen. It's the
>>> last
>>> coin in the "America the Beautiful" (national parks) series. (Still
>>> waiting for my first 2021 penny.)
>>
>> You are way ahead of me.
>
> But I'm making progress ... I got 2 Tuskegee Airman in the first week of
> April. From the same register, so probably fresh out of the roll.
>
>>> For the rest of 2021, quarters will be minted with the familiar Flanagan
>>> design that had been used since 1932, although the reverse will be General
>>> Washington crossing Delaware River.
>>>
>>> From 2022 to 2025 will be a series commemorating Prominent American Women,
>>> followed by a series celebrating the United States Semiquincentennial in
>>> 2026, and then a series depicting youth sports (?!) from 2027 to 2030.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads-up.

And I now have George on both sides, with my first Crossing.

I just counted a stack of quarters that had 87 from the Denver mint, 13
from Phillie, and 3 from the Blank mint. I'm pretty sure that the Xing
was from tonight's drive-through, though.

/dps

--
Rule #0: Don't be on fire.
In case of fire, exit the building before tweeting about it.

Rick B.

May 13, 2021, 6:56:03 AM5/13/21
Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote in news:mn.65967e55f151c070.127094
@snitoo:

> I just counted a stack of quarters that had 87 from the Denver mint, 13
> from Phillie, and 3 from the Blank mint.

The ones without mint marks would be from Philly unless they are from 1965-
67, in which case they could have come from any mint. But everybody knows
that.

Snidely

May 13, 2021, 3:39:42 PM5/13/21
With a quizzical look, Rick B. observed:
1 '65 and 2 '67s.

In Chevy terms, the pickup front end "forehead" became smaller in '67,
but both years had the headlights low, just above the bumper.

'67 Impalas were hinting at the sort of backend the OtherGuy's
Barracuda had at the time, while the '65s were still close to
conventional back decks. (The 'Cuda seems to have flattened the tail
lid in the '70s.)

/dps

--
As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."

Howard

May 14, 2021, 8:02:24 AM5/14/21
Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote

> '67 Impalas were hinting at the sort of backend the OtherGuy's
> Barracuda had at the time, while the '65s were still close to
> conventional back decks. (The 'Cuda seems to have flattened the tail
> lid in the '70s.)

Do you ever find silver coins? I did a quick search and found a coin forum
discussion where people said it was very very uncommon to find them, but
they still popped up here and there. I've never seen one, but I also don't
usually pay attention.

Snidely

May 14, 2021, 6:49:49 PM5/14/21
Howard was thinking very hard :
I think there may have been one or two that I caught in all the years
since the sandwich was spread. A wheat penny once a year may happen.

I do have a 2021 D dime, living in the present.

/dps

--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain

Michael Trew

May 14, 2021, 7:39:20 PM5/14/21
Most by far have been picked out of circulation. Very, very rarely do I
find one. I've found a few 40% silver half dollars in recent years,
however. Always check the reject coin bin in the Coin Star machines...
slivers weights a bit differently, and you will occasionally find a
silver coin rejected into that bin... some people that use Coin Stars
don't bother to check them and just leave them there.

Snidely

May 31, 2021, 10:13:42 PM5/31/21
Just this Friday (and two weeks), Snidely explained that ...

> I do have a 2021 D dime, living in the present.

Abe has now shown his 2021 D face to me. Did Questor get his showing
yet?

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?

Questor

Jun 2, 2021, 1:08:08 PM6/2/21
On Mon, 31 May 2021 19:13:37 -0700, Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Just this Friday (and two weeks), Snidely explained that ...
>>I do have a 2021 D dime, living in the present.
>
>Abe has now shown his 2021 D face to me. Did Questor get his showing
>yet?

Yes, a couple of weeks ago. Which is relatively late -- I usually get the first
penny of the new year by April. I don't expect to get the new quarter for a
couple of months.

--
Spending my bread like it grew on the trees
You're trying to tell me about the birds and the bees

Snidely

Sep 10, 2021, 4:53:30 AM9/10/21
Questor submitted this idea :
> On Mon, 31 May 2021 19:13:37 -0700, Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just this Friday (and two weeks), Snidely explained that ...
>>> I do have a 2021 D dime, living in the present.
>>
>> Abe has now shown his 2021 D face to me. Did Questor get his showing
>> yet?
>
> Yes, a couple of weeks ago. Which is relatively late -- I usually get the
> first penny of the new year by April. I don't expect to get the new quarter
> for a couple of months.

I finally got the 2020 Weir Farm quarter, all the way from Denver.

/dps

--
Trust, but verify.

Snidely

Jun 11, 2022, 2:30:35 PM6/11/22
Questor wrote on 4/10/2021 :
> I got my first 2021 quarter yesterday -- The Tuskegee Airmen. It's the last
> coin in the "America the Beautiful" (national parks) series. (Still waiting
> for my first 2021 penny.)

I've only logged 3 of the 2020 quarters, and not many of those. (The
Weir Farm coin sounds familiar, but it's not in the log). I also seem
to be missing 2010's Yellowstone.

> For the rest of 2021, quarters will be minted with the familiar Flanagan
> design that had been used since 1932, although the reverse will be General
> Washington crossing Delaware River.
>
> From 2022 to 2025 will be a series commemorating Prominent American Women,

In Pensacola this last weekend, I picked up two 2022 quarters, both the
Sally Ride stamping and both with 'P' mint marks.

> followed by a series celebrating the United States Semiquincentennial in
> 2026, and then a series depicting youth sports (?!) from 2027 to 2030.

I don't seem to have these yet.

Linda Howard

Jun 12, 2022, 7:32:23 PM6/12/22

Linda Howard

Jun 12, 2022, 7:37:09 PM6/12/22
I think the Wilma Mankiller quarter just came out. She was a Native American activist and Chief of the Cherokee.

Snidely

Jun 22, 2022, 6:32:23 AM6/22/22
On Sunday, Linda Howard pointed out that ...
June 6th, it seems. That's the third in the series, and I haven't seen
one yet. Sally Ride is second, and I just picked up the lead-off Maya
Angelou (D this time).

/dps

--
Maybe C282Y is simply one of the hangers-on, a groupie following a
future guitar god of the human genome: an allele with undiscovered

Snidely

Jul 25, 2022, 6:33:16 AM7/25/22
Lo, on the 6/22/2022, Snidely did proclaim ...
After only 6 weeks, I have a Mankiller in my house.

/dps

--
Let's celebrate Macaronesia

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jul 25, 2022, 3:55:34 PM7/25/22
pShurely killer's are equal opportunity these days.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Snidely

Jul 25, 2022, 4:21:21 PM7/25/22