This is what they are teaching Russians

Sanford Manley

Apr 4, 2022, 1:39:57 PMApr 4

--
Sanford M. Manley

"Trying to be right all the time
is a very subtle way of being wrong."

Sanford Manley

Apr 4, 2022, 1:59:19 PMApr 4
On 4/4/2022 1:39 PM, Sanford Manley wrote:
> On 4/4/2022 11:38 AM, Pan Szymanowski wrote:
> > Long time ago the capotal of Roman state had moved to
> > Constantinopol.
> > In 1475 it moved to Moscow. That is why Moscow is considered
> > the Third Rome.
> > The rest of Europe in western direction is considered
> > barbarians of Banana republics. Since last month the
> > most of them were included into pariah country list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfriendly_Countries_List

Beaver Fever

Apr 5, 2022, 12:37:58 AMApr 5
That's awesome

Linda Howard

Apr 5, 2022, 7:15:57 PMApr 5
“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” ― Homer Simpson

danny burstein

Apr 5, 2022, 7:21:19 PMApr 5
[snip]

Terrific reader submission (an "op ed", so to speak)
in Al Jazeera. Yeah, them.

Don't hold that against the substance.

Take a moment and read:
=====
We cannot talk to our mothers because of Russian propaganda

The war in Ukraine has not yet reached Belarus, but it has already drawn a
wedge between those of us abroad and our mothers back home.
"I know what's going on in Ukraine," she retorted. "Use your brain, Russians
don't kill civilians," said my mother, an ethnic Russian. "Who did it then?"
I exclaimed in disbelief. "The Ukrainian fascists, nazis," she said. She
pronounced the word "nazi-ki", as popularised by talk shows that made my
stomach turn. "Armed Ukrainian hooligans took Irpin hostage," she said.
"They shot the residents who wanted to leave!" The story told by my mother
sounded surreal, but to her, it was the truth. Because my mother gets her
news from Russian TV channels and Facebook.
======
rest:
https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/4/2/we-cant-talk-to-our-mothers-because-of-russian-propaganda

dan...@panix.com

art...@yahoo.com

Apr 6, 2022, 8:02:51 AMApr 6
On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 6:21:19 PM UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Terrific reader submission (an "op ed", so to speak)
> in Al Jazeera. Yeah, them.
>
> Don't hold that against the substance.
>
> Take a moment and read:
> =====
> We cannot talk to our mothers because of Russian propaganda
>
> The war in Ukraine has not yet reached Belarus, but it has already drawn a
> wedge between those of us abroad and our mothers back home.
> "I know what's going on in Ukraine," she retorted. "Use your brain, Russians
> don't kill civilians," said my mother, an ethnic Russian. "Who did it then?"
> I exclaimed in disbelief. "The Ukrainian fascists, nazis," she said. She
> pronounced the word "nazi-ki", as popularised by talk shows that made my
> stomach turn. "Armed Ukrainian hooligans took Irpin hostage," she said.
> "They shot the residents who wanted to leave!" The story told by my mother
> sounded surreal, but to her, it was the truth. Because my mother gets her
> news from Russian TV channels and Facebook.

"A 2017 poll found that 47 percent of Russians approved of Joseph Stalin’s character and “managerial skills.” " https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/12/trofim-lysenko-soviet-union-russia/548786/

Beaver Fever

Apr 7, 2022, 5:53:27 AMApr 7
He did great things for that country

He was a good liberal too