FML, as the kids say

D.F. Manno

Aug 2, 2012, 9:34:35 PM8/2/12
Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.

She changed the subject.

--
D.F. Manno

Les Albert

Aug 2, 2012, 9:43:51 PM8/2/12
On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 01:34:35 +0000 (UTC), D.F. Manno <dfm...@mail.com>
wrote:

>Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>She changed the subject.

Maybe you were talking into the ear that doesn't hear so well. George
Costanza had that happen to him in a "Seinfeld" episode.

Les

Shawn Wilson

Aug 2, 2012, 9:36:06 PM8/2/12
On Aug 2, 6:34 pm, D.F. Manno <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:

> Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>
> She changed the subject.

Yeah... that's a no on her part.

BillT...@invalid.com

Aug 3, 2012, 3:22:41 AM8/3/12
wrote:
>Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>She changed the subject.

Dom, you have my utmost sympathy. srsly
Call me if you still have my number.
Hang in there.
Call me if you still have my number.
Regards
Bill
b i l t r l o k a f c a at g m a i l dot c o m

Kevin

Aug 3, 2012, 12:54:38 PM8/3/12
wrote:

>Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>
>She changed the subject.

To quote the only romantic comedy I've ever found watchable,
"Important to have said it, I think."

Better to be alive than dead, better to speak than be silent. Chin
up, etc. Oh, and sorry about that.

--
Kevin

Joseph Nebus

Aug 3, 2012, 1:45:54 PM8/3/12
In <2113190857365650375.4...@news.albasani.net> D.F. Manno <dfm...@mail.com> writes:

>Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.

>She changed the subject.

I'm sorry.

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: Reading the Comics, July 28, 2012 http://wp.me/p1RYhY-hO

N Jill Marsh

Aug 3, 2012, 2:17:42 PM8/3/12
wrote:

>Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>
>She changed the subject.

Sorry, Dom. Better to have said it, though it probably doesn't feel
like that, now.

--
nj"internym here"m

Send reggae, guns & numbers.

Barbara

Aug 3, 2012, 3:02:58 PM8/3/12
wrote:

>Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>
>She changed the subject.

But she didn't terminate the conversation. Maybe she needs time to
process what you told her, it might have caught her off guard.

--
Barbara

art...@yahoo.com

Aug 3, 2012, 5:53:13 PM8/3/12
On Friday, August 3, 2012 3:02:58 PM UTC-4, Barbara wrote:

> But she didn't terminate the conversation. Maybe she needs time to
>
> process what you told her, it might have caught her off guard.

So the "L" in "FML" stands for "Later".

Beaver Fever

Aug 4, 2012, 1:13:55 PM8/4/12
If he lived in LA I would offer to introduce him to some of my friends
who would make him feel better.

Beaver Fever

Aug 4, 2012, 1:21:08 PM8/4/12
On Aug 2, 6:34 pm, D.F. Manno <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
This chick I really liked about 9 years ago who lived on the other end
of the country and I posted about here and there back then just wrote
and told me she lives close by and right by where I hang out all the
time and said we should get together sometime and catch up. I am all
for it but also just a little depressed and a little anxious at the
prospect.

Yeah, sometimes I hang on to things a little too long.

My life is even more of a mess compared to then. The good news is I
have completely discarded any possibilities of anything other than
near-complete solitude. And I have plenty of easily available
alternatives these days. Oh, and it appears she has put on a bit of
weight since I last saw her.

Les Albert

Aug 4, 2012, 4:03:03 PM8/4/12
On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:21:08 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
<Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

>This chick I really liked about 9 years ago who lived on the other end
>of the country and I posted about here and there back then just wrote
>and told me she lives close by and right by where I hang out all the
>time and said we should get together sometime and catch up. I am all
>for it but also just a little depressed and a little anxious at the
>prospect.
>Yeah, sometimes I hang on to things a little too long.
>My life is even more of a mess compared to then. The good news is I
>have completely discarded any possibilities of anything other than
>near-complete solitude. And I have plenty of easily available
>alternatives these days. Oh, and it appears she has put on a bit of
>weight since I last saw her.

Re your last sentence:

http://candorville.com/2012/04/22/about-average/

Les

doc...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2012, 10:49:54 PM8/4/12
Feel Me Later? Feed Me Later?

John Mc.

Aug 5, 2012, 3:03:17 AM8/5/12
F*%k my life

John Mc.

Sano

Aug 5, 2012, 6:44:39 AM8/5/12
"John Mc." <jo...@tdcogre.com> wrote in
Yeah. A little bit of time wastage, http://www.fmylife.com/

Sanford Manley

Aug 5, 2012, 10:22:02 AM8/5/12
On 8/5/2012 6:44 AM, Sano wrote:

> Yeah. A little bit of time wastage, http://www.fmylife.com/

This one is perfect:

Today, I took the bus to work and a sweet old lady got on after me and
sat next to me. Halfway to work, she fell asleep and her head was on my
shoulder. Trying to be nice, I gently tried to wake her up before my
stop came. She wasn't sleeping. I let a dead woman lie on me for 30
minutes. FML

--
Sanford: Now with Skype! Email for details!

Sano

Aug 5, 2012, 11:14:34 AM8/5/12
Sanford Manley <ans...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On 8/5/2012 6:44 AM, Sano wrote:
>

>> Yeah. A little bit of time wastage, http://www.fmylife.com/
>>

> This one is perfect:
>
> Today, I took the bus to work and a sweet old lady got on after me
> and sat next to me. Halfway to work, she fell asleep and her head
> was on my shoulder. Trying to be nice, I gently tried to wake her up
> before my stop came. She wasn't sleeping. I let a dead woman lie on
> me for 30 minutes. FML

There are some good ones. heh heh

Beaver Fever

Aug 5, 2012, 12:34:10 PM8/5/12
On Aug 4, 1:03 pm, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:21:08 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever

Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night.

faceo...@omnicast.net

Aug 5, 2012, 1:31:05 PM8/5/12
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 10:22:02 -0400, Sanford Manley <ans...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 8/5/2012 6:44 AM, Sano wrote:
>

>> Yeah. A little bit of time wastage, http://www.fmylife.com/
>>

>This one is perfect:
>
>Today, I took the bus to work and a sweet old lady got on after me and
>sat next to me. Halfway to work, she fell asleep and her head was on my
>shoulder. Trying to be nice, I gently tried to wake her up before my
>stop came. She wasn't sleeping. I let a dead woman lie on me for 30
>minutes. FML

At least he's got an interesting story about why he's late for work.

Jon M

Les Albert

Aug 5, 2012, 1:36:10 PM8/5/12
>Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night.

A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything.

Les

Charles Bishop

Aug 6, 2012, 1:35:18 AM8/6/12
In article <1ebt189n91ns95d8j...@4ax.com>, Les Albert
What about a kiss on the hand?

--

charles, orchestra?, bishop

bill van

Aug 6, 2012, 1:39:19 AM8/6/12
In article
<ctbishop-050...@global-66-81-248-216.dialup.o1.com>,
I don't know, but a kiss on the cheek can be quite continental.

bill

Beaver Fever

Aug 6, 2012, 6:08:25 AM8/6/12
I hope not, especially since one of my favorite singer/songwriters, a
male, walked off the stage and kissed me on the forehead at the same
venue a week before.

And I couldn't even begin to remember what this chick looks like by
now.

Les Albert

Aug 6, 2012, 11:18:37 AM8/6/12
Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>On Aug 5, 10:36�am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:
>>Beaver Fever<Beaver_Fe...@live.com> wrote:

>> >Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night.

>> A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything.

>I hope not, especially since one of my favorite singer/songwriters, a
>male, walked off the stage and kissed me on the forehead at the same
>venue a week before.
>And I couldn't even begin to remember what this chick looks like by
>now.

You forehead seems to be very attractive to all kinds of people. There
must be some advertised product that can make use of an attractive
forehead .... something like this cap:

http://tinyurl.com/d95jfqq

or maybe http://tinyurl.com/26jfu3k

Les

Les Albert

Aug 6, 2012, 11:19:29 AM8/6/12
This is America; only your dog kisses your hand!

Les

Opus the Penguin

Aug 6, 2012, 5:06:12 PM8/6/12
Beaver Fever (Beaver...@live.com) wrote:
> On Aug 5, 10:36�am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:
>> Beaver Fever wrote:
>>
>>> Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night.
>>
>> A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything.
>
> I hope not, especially since one of my favorite
> singer/songwriters, a male, walked off the stage and kissed me on
> the forehead at the same venue a week before.

Obviously the strange chick was a rabid fan of that
singer/songwriter. She saw what happened the previous week. She just
wanted to put her lips where his lips had been and, as it were, kiss
him by proxy.

--
Opus the Penguin
The best darn penguin in all of Usenet

art...@yahoo.com

Aug 6, 2012, 5:21:41 PM8/6/12
Proxy Music?

Barbara

Aug 6, 2012, 9:40:45 PM8/6/12
On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 03:08:25 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
<Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

>On Aug 5, 10:36�am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
>>
>> >Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night.
>>
>> A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything.
>>
>I hope not, especially since one of my favorite singer/songwriters, a
>male, walked off the stage and kissed me on the forehead at the same
>venue a week before.

I got a kiss on the forehead from Paul Thorn after a show a few months
ago. My husband said it looked sweet, he [Paul] had one arm around me
and one around my friend and gave us both a kiss. Too bad the photo he
[my husband] took didn't come out.

--
Barbara

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

Aug 6, 2012, 10:32:24 PM8/6/12
On 08/06/2012 03:08 AM, Beaver Fever wrote:
> On Aug 5, 10:36 am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
>>
>>> Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night.

It was your mother. You were just too drunk to notice.

> And I couldn't even begin to remember what this chick looks like by
> now.

See?

Xho

Charles Bishop

Aug 7, 2012, 12:10:10 AM8/7/12
In article <billvan-E651A2...@news.shawcable.net>, bill van
Damn. Was it the cheek I was thinking of that would elicit that line,
rather than "hand"?

--
charles, cheek makes more sense for "continental", bishop

Beaver Fever

Aug 6, 2012, 11:28:25 PM8/6/12
On Aug 2, 6:34 pm, D.F. Manno <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
> Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>
> She changed the subject.
>
> --
> D.F. Manno

What does love feel like?

Boron Elgar

Aug 7, 2012, 6:54:16 AM8/7/12
It's a second-hand emotion.

Boron

Tim Wright

Aug 7, 2012, 9:37:41 AM8/7/12
It's a many splendored thing.

--

Tim W

Opus the Penguin

Aug 7, 2012, 10:45:28 AM8/7/12
It's like a butterfly.

--
Opus the Penguin
And sometimes it stings like a bee.

art...@yahoo.com

Aug 7, 2012, 11:11:58 AM8/7/12
Let X= Love made by U
Let Y=Love Taken by U
Then X=Y=F(U)

Les Albert

Aug 7, 2012, 11:24:53 AM8/7/12
On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 20:10:10 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
Hand kissing on the continent was discontinued generations ago because
people didn't wash their hands, and diseases were transmitted from
kissing dirty hands.

Les

Les Albert

Aug 7, 2012, 11:26:13 AM8/7/12
On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 20:28:25 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever
><Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>On Aug 2, 6:34�pm, D.F. Manno <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:

>> Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
>> She changed the subject.

>What does love feel like?

It's an amber paradox.

Les

Tim Wright

Aug 7, 2012, 11:34:30 AM8/7/12
On 8/7/2012 9:45 AM, Opus the Penguin wrote:
> Tim Wright (tlwri...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> On 8/7/2012 5:54 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> It's a second-hand emotion.
>>>
>> It's a many splendored thing.
>>

> It's like a butterfly.

Love stinks.

--

Tim W

Boron Elgar

Aug 7, 2012, 1:01:39 PM8/7/12
On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:34:30 -0500, Tim Wright <tlwri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Love is like a battlefield.

S. Checker

Aug 7, 2012, 1:21:37 PM8/7/12
Love kills, dude.
--
Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a
friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.

hpjeannie

Aug 7, 2012, 11:53:13 PM8/7/12
On Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:36:10 AM UTC-7, Les wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote: >On Aug 4, 1:03�pm, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote: >> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:21:08 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever >> <Beaver_Fe...@live.com> wrote: >> >This chick I really liked about 9 years ago who lived on the other end >> >of the country and I posted about here and there back then just wrote >> >and told me she lives close by and right by where I hang out all the >> >time and said we should get together sometime and catch up. I am all >> >for it but also just a little depressed and a little anxious at the >> >prospect. >> >Yeah, sometimes I hang on to things a little too long. >> >My life is even more of a mess compared to then. The good news is I >> >have completely discarded any possibilities of anything other than >> >near-complete solitude. And I have plenty of easily available >> >alternatives these days. Oh, and it appears she has put on a bit of >> >weight since I last saw her. >> Re your last sentence: >> http://candorville.com/2012/04/22/about-average/ >Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night. A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything. Les

Oh, I don't know...my hubby kissed me on the forehead after our second date...I thought it very sweet.

Jeannie

art...@yahoo.com

Aug 8, 2012, 8:44:18 AM8/8/12
On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:53:13 PM UTC-4, hpjeannie wrote:

> Oh, I don't know...my hubby kissed me on the forehead after our second date...I thought it very sweet.

So you got married right after your first date? Or was it before that?

Les Albert

Aug 8, 2012, 11:43:47 AM8/8/12
On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 20:53:13 -0700 (PDT), hpjeannie
<hpje...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:36:10 AM UTC-7, Les wrote:
>> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote: >On Aug 4, 1:03�pm, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote: >> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:21:08 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever >> <Beaver_Fe...@live.com> wrote: >> >This chick I really liked about 9 years ago who lived on the other end >> >of the country and I posted about here and there back then just wrote >> >and told me she lives close by and right by where I hang out all the >> >time and said we should get together sometime and catch up. I am all >> >for it but also just a little depressed and a little anxious at the >> >prospect. >> >Yeah, sometimes I hang on to things a little too long. >> >My life is even more of a mess compared to then. The good news is I >> >have completely discarded any possibilities of anything other than >> >near-complete solitude. And I have plenty of easily available >> >alternatives these days. Oh, and it appears she has put on a bit of >> >weight since I last saw her. >> Re
>your last sentence: >> http://candorville.com/2012/04/22/about-average/ >Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night. A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything. Les

>Oh, I don't know...my hubby kissed me on the forehead after our second date...I thought it very sweet.

That's a sort of fatherly action. Is he much older than you?

Les

hpjeannie

Sep 2, 2012, 2:58:55 AM9/2/12
On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:43:47 AM UTC-7, Les wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 20:53:13 -0700 (PDT), hpjeannie <hpje...@yahoo.com> wrote: >On Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:36:10 AM UTC-7, Les wrote: >> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote: >On Aug 4, 1:03�pm, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote: >> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:21:08 -0700 (PDT), Beaver Fever >> <Beaver_Fe...@live.com> wrote: >> >This chick I really liked about 9 years ago who lived on the other end >> >of the country and I posted about here and there back then just wrote >> >and told me she lives close by and right by where I hang out all the >> >time and said we should get together sometime and catch up. I am all >> >for it but also just a little depressed and a little anxious at the >> >prospect. >> >Yeah, sometimes I hang on to things a little too long. >> >My life is even more of a mess compared to then. The good news is I >> >have completely discarded any possibilities of anything other than >> >near-complete solitude. And I have plenty of easily available >> >alternatives these days. Oh, and it appears she has put on a bit of >> >weight since I last saw her. >> Re >your last sentence: >> http://candorville.com/2012/04/22/about-average/ >Some strange chick kissed me on the forehead last night. A kiss on the forehead holds no promise of anything. Les >Oh, I don't know...my hubby kissed me on the forehead after our second date...I thought it very sweet. That's a sort of fatherly action. Is he much older than you? Les

No, actually he's 1.5 years younger. It was just a "not too forward, but affectionate" action.

Jeannie

hpjeannie

Sep 2, 2012, 2:59:55 AM9/2/12
On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 5:44:18 AM UTC-7, art...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:53:13 PM UTC-4, hpjeannie wrote: > > Oh, I don't know...my hubby kissed me on the forehead after our second date...I thought it very sweet.

>So you got married right after your first date? Or was it before that?

Eh? We dated for 1.5 years, were engaged for almost 1.5 years, and have been married for just over 27 years.

Jeannie

Beaver Fever

Jan 18, 2024, 1:30:08 PMJan 18
On Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 10:21:08 AM UTC-7, Beaver Fever wrote:
> On Aug 2, 6:34 pm, D.F. Manno <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
> > Today I told a woman I'm in love with her.
> >
> > She changed the subject.
> >
> > --
> > D.F. Manno
> This chick I really liked about 9 years ago who lived on the other end
> of the country and I posted about here and there back then just wrote
> and told me she lives close by and right by where I hang out all the
> time and said we should get together sometime and catch up. I am all
> for it but also just a little depressed and a little anxious at the
> prospect.
>
> Yeah, sometimes I hang on to things a little too long.
>
> My life is even more of a mess compared to then. The good news is I
> have completely discarded any possibilities of anything other than
> near-complete solitude. And I have plenty of easily available
> alternatives these days. Oh, and it appears she has put on a bit of
> weight since I last saw her.

She recently told me she wants me to come lay in bed with her and watch Friends. Definitely NOT a match. Wish I figured that out 20 years ago and it would have saved me a lot of pining.

Beaver Fever

Jan 18, 2024, 1:31:38 PMJan 18
In a relationship for 18 months now and still no clue