Daniel Radcliffe is a sweet Yiddish-British!!

Darrin

Jan 21, 2012, 1:34:04 PM1/21/12
Excerpt from: http://tinyurl.com/6lk37bg

LIFE AFTER HARRY
By Dotson Rader
Parade Magazine
January 8,2012

Your dad is Protestant from Ulster and your mom is English and
Jewish.
Were you raised in a particular religion?
There was never {religious} faith in the house. I think of myself as
being Jewish and Irish, despite the fact that I'm English. My dad
believes in God, I think. I'm not sure if my mom does. I don't. I
have
a problem with religion or anything that says, "We have all the
answers," because there's no such thing as "the answers." We're
complex. We change our minds on issues all the time. Religion leaves
no room for human complexity.

DANIEL RADCLIFFE HAS ELEGANT HANDS, which he uses often to make a
point as he speaks in his gentle English accent. We are sitting
backstage at Broadway's Al Hirschfeld (sweet Jew) Theatre, three
hours
before a matinee of the musical How to Success in Business Without
Really Trying, in which for 10 months Radcliffe has starred as the
sweetly conniving mail room employee turned executive. It's his first
musical, and it has won him critical praise, in part because his
character is so very different from his role as Harry Potter,
protagonist of the $7.7 billion-grossing, 10-year film franchise that
made this 22-year-old one of the richest actors of his generation.
When I ask Radcliffe how he is, he enthusiastically replies, "I am
happy!" - his cheeks dimpling as he grins broadly. The source of his
happiness today? Someone he loves has flown to New York to be with
him.