Gonzo Dog Do Bar Band

andy roberts

Jun 29, 2001, 2:53:39 AM6/29/01
Hi there!

Here is some information on a Bonzo tribute band you might be interested
in that was forwarded around by Laurie

####

I was wondering if you or anyone reading your site would be interested
to know about the 'Gonzo Dog Do Bar Band', a tribute band to the Bonzos
which will be performing at the Edinburgh Festival this year!

We performed for one night at last year's festival and went down a storm

so this year we are doing a few dates.

The dates and venues are:

Gilded Balloon Theatre: 13-19 August @ 1.00am

Pleasance Dome: 21-27 August @ 1.15am

We do a range of Bonzo songs (listed below), wear costumes and basically

do a fun, silly show very much in the spirit of the band. We are mostly
comedians who are doing this out of love for the Bonzos and we will be
featuring as many guest comedians and celebs as we can lay our hands on
(hopefully ones who play instruments... it does help!)

Anyway, the songs we'll most likely be doing are:

Ali Baba's Camel
I'm The Urban Spaceman
Monster Mash
Humanoid Boogie
My Pink Half of the Drainpipe
Hunting Tigers out in 'INDIAH'
We Were Wrong/Shirt medley
Mr Apollo
Canyons of Your Mind
Tent
The Bride Stripped Bare by 'Bachelors'
Mr Slater's Parrot
Sport (The Odd Boy)
The Intro and the Outro
Mickey's Son and Daughter
Big Shot
I'm Bored
We Are Normal
Trouser Press
Terry Keeps His Clips On (Viv Stanshall song)

Anyway, those are the most likely ones so if anyone fancies hearing them

played by a ramshackle, hearty group of chaps at 1 in the morning in
Scotland then we'd love to see you!

cheers

Dan Mersh

"Do you like soul music?... NO"

--
Whelks away,
Andy R. The alt.fan.bonzo-dog FAQ is at:

Dog Owners:
I see that Sherleys have 100,000 poop-a-scoop bags to give away. To apply
for bags, write to Sherleys, 52-54 Broadwick Street, London W1V 1FF