News from Ezy DVD concerning the Incredible Vanishing BR Set (tm)

Lukas Mariman

May 17, 2007, 3:53:12 AM5/17/07
I was contacted by someone from Ezy DVD concerning the BR set that was
advertised.

As it turns out, EzyDVD is still working on this deal with the supplier -
and are currently trying to "finalise stock allocation", as he put it. As
soon the deal is finalised it will reappear on the site on the site -
probably within a week or so. The guy went on to say: "It wasn't leaked too
soon as was suggested on the thread - it was just that we did not have
accurate stock numbers for a product that will be in demand, and could have
lead to customer disappointment if not managed correctly."

So there you have it. It wasn't a mirage or anything. It will be back.

Woden

May 17, 2007, 12:05:47 PM5/17/07

"Lukas Mariman" <lukas....@skynet.be> wrote in message

So is it an Oz only release?

jjjm...@msn.com

May 17, 2007, 12:12:13 PM5/17/07

Nice work Lukas........Youve done a mans job sir!.........Oh, and by
the way, who is that soup nazi called Father Vid???

Father Viv

May 17, 2007, 1:27:04 PM5/17/07
jjjm...@msn.com wrote:

> Oh, and by
> the way, who is that soup nazi called Father Vid???

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin'
to?

I am no soup nazi... I treat all soups, bisques, chowders, potages and
broths equally, without prejudice. Even vichyssoise.

So what's the problem, young man? What have I done to upset you? You're not
one of those accordion-smoking, ewok-hugging Delorean monkey gods are you?

--
Father Viv

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips
over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
- Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"

Lukas Mariman

May 17, 2007, 1:32:27 PM5/17/07

"Woden" <no...@yallahabibe.com> schreef in bericht

I'm guessing all regions will have similar sets, but I can't say for sure. I
didn't ask, and he didn't say. :-)

Lukas Mariman

May 17, 2007, 1:35:16 PM5/17/07

<jjjm...@msn.com> schreef in bericht

I didn't even have to do anything! They contacted me! Apparently someone at
Ezy was keeping an eye on this ng.

> Oh, and by
> the way, who is that soup nazi called Father Vid???

Hey, relax! Father Viv is a regular. Let's try to get along now.

Father Viv

May 17, 2007, 1:41:24 PM5/17/07
Lukas Mariman wrote:
> I was contacted by someone from Ezy DVD concerning the BR set that was
> advertised.
>
> As it turns out, EzyDVD is still working on this deal with the
> supplier - and are currently trying to "finalise stock allocation",
> as he put it. As soon the deal is finalised it will reappear on the
> site on the site - probably within a week or so. The guy went on to
> say: "It wasn't leaked too soon as was suggested on the thread - it
> was just that we did not have accurate stock numbers for a product
> that will be in demand, and could have lead to customer
> disappointment if not managed correctly."

Aha! I lose!

OK, my bad. My apologies to EzyDVD for casting aspersions on their otherwise
impeccable name; I would make it up to them by purchasing the Ultimate
Edition from them, but if they can't ship to the UK I would have to move to
Australia, which seems a bit extreme really.

> So there you have it. It wasn't a mirage or anything. It will be back.

That is good news. I hope it really does come with the inflatable Heather
Graham, the restored dancing Paul Sammon scenes and full-size souvenir
edition Tyrell Building, as promised.

--
Father Viv

"I love Vangelis. I would kiss his hairy beard."
- Evil Sponge

Father Viv

May 17, 2007, 1:45:22 PM5/17/07
Lukas Mariman wrote:

> Father Viv is a regular.

I resent that.

--
Father Viv

"An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations. A repoman
spends his life getting into tense situations."
- Bud, "Repo Man"

Lukas Mariman

May 17, 2007, 1:47:48 PM5/17/07

"Father Viv" <father.vivi...@saintalfonzospancakebreakfast.com>
schreef in bericht news:5b3idbF...@mid.individual.net...

> Lukas Mariman wrote:
>> I was contacted by someone from Ezy DVD concerning the BR set that was
>> advertised.
>>
>> As it turns out, EzyDVD is still working on this deal with the
>> supplier - and are currently trying to "finalise stock allocation",
>> as he put it. As soon the deal is finalised it will reappear on the
>> site on the site - probably within a week or so. The guy went on to
>> say: "It wasn't leaked too soon as was suggested on the thread - it
>> was just that we did not have accurate stock numbers for a product
>> that will be in demand, and could have lead to customer
>> disappointment if not managed correctly."
>
> Aha! I lose!
>
> OK, my bad. My apologies to EzyDVD for casting aspersions on their
> otherwise impeccable name; I would make it up to them by purchasing the
> Ultimate Edition from them, but if they can't ship to the UK I would have
> to move to Australia, which seems a bit extreme really.

I have no idea, though I'm guessing all regions will have similar if not the
same sets. It would be weird if only the Australians got this special set.
(No offense to the Aussies, naturally! ;-)

>> So there you have it. It wasn't a mirage or anything. It will be back.
>
> That is good news. I hope it really does come with the inflatable Heather
> Graham, the restored dancing Paul Sammon scenes and full-size souvenir
> edition Tyrell Building, as promised.

I have been wonder if there would be merchandise released. Another question:
will there be a cinematic release of the new version? Questions...

Lukas Mariman

May 17, 2007, 1:55:19 PM5/17/07

"Father Viv" <father.vivi...@saintalfonzospancakebreakfast.com>
schreef in bericht news:5b3ikqF...@mid.individual.net...

> Lukas Mariman wrote:
>>
>> Father Viv is a regular.
>
> I resent that.

LOL! That's the spirit!

jjjm...@msn.com

May 17, 2007, 5:04:41 PM5/17/07
On May 17, 1:27 pm, "Father Viv"
<father.vivian.obliv...@saintalfonzospancakebreakfast.com> wrote:

Sorry Father Viv, I was mistaken are your character sir........I
thought for a moment you were a replicant soup nazi!

Alfie [UK]

May 17, 2007, 7:45:14 PM5/17/07
On Thu, 17 May 2007 19:47:48 +0200, "Lukas Mariman"
<lukas....@skynet.be> wrote:

>I have been wonder if there would be merchandise released. Another question:
>will there be a cinematic release of the new version? Questions...

That's been bugging me too, with the amount of money they must have
spent on this new version with re-filming and digital work they think
they can make a profit purely on DVD ?
--
Alfie [UK]
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

Luke Hooft

May 18, 2007, 6:50:29 PM5/18/07
Lukas Mariman wrote:

> Another question:
> will there be a cinematic release of the new version? Questions...

I'm pretty sure that was mentioned as likely when news of the DVD first
broke all those months ago.

Hopefully it's something pretty widely released like the Alien and
Exorcist rereleases, but unlike those 2 films, BR wasn't a huge hit in
the first place, so if it does get rereleased it might be a fairly
limited one.

LH

Lukas Mariman

May 19, 2007, 4:32:47 AM5/19/07

"Luke Hooft" <bl...@nothing.com> schreef in bericht

But it has become huge ever since! Everyone and their mother now regard it
as a masterpiece. I think a theatrical rerelease would do pretty well.

Lukas Mariman

May 19, 2007, 4:37:48 AM5/19/07

"Alfie [UK]" <al...@mail.invalid> schreef in bericht

> On Thu, 17 May 2007 19:47:48 +0200, "Lukas Mariman"
> <lukas....@skynet.be> wrote:
>
>>I have been wonder if there would be merchandise released. Another
>>question:
>>will there be a cinematic release of the new version? Questions...
>>
> That's been bugging me too, with the amount of money they must have
> spent on this new version with re-filming and digital work they think
> they can make a profit purely on DVD ?

I think a theatrical re-release would do pretty well.

Evil Sponge

May 19, 2007, 4:35:03 AM5/19/07

"Luke Hooft" <bl...@nothing.com> wrote in message
> [...]

I dunno... although BR wasn't a hit originally, it's built a lot of steam
since then and is regarded by even non-worshippers as a classic. There's a
lot of BR love in the air... I could see it going big screen again,
definitely.

Lukas Mariman

May 19, 2007, 4:42:21 AM5/19/07

"Evil Sponge" <donotemailme@thisaddresscositisnotrealyouretard> schreef in
bericht news:464eb6bb$0$8742$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

Agreed 150%!

Evil Sponge

May 19, 2007, 4:40:16 AM5/19/07

>> Nice work Lukas........Youve done a mans job sir!.........
>
> I didn't even have to do anything! They contacted me! Apparently someone
> at Ezy was keeping an eye on this ng.

I feel a creeping sense of paranoia. *They* are watching us... whoever they
are...

Evil Sponge

May 19, 2007, 4:41:53 AM5/19/07

wrote in message news:5b3hifF...@mid.individual.net...
> jjjm...@msn.com wrote:
>>

> I am no soup nazi... I treat all soups, bisques, chowders, potages and
> broths equally, without prejudice. Even vichyssoise.

What about the "infamous" (according to the menu) three soup in a bowl,
which I had the delight of sampling at a wedding yesterday? There's
something not quite right about them, if you know what I mean...

Lukas Mariman

May 19, 2007, 4:51:55 AM5/19/07

"Evil Sponge" <donotemailme@thisaddresscositisnotrealyouretard> schreef in
bericht news:464eb7f4$0$8746$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

And yet it's not like this is a bustling center of activity. You have to
wonder how many people are lurking on this ng.

Eagle 1

May 20, 2007, 5:14:52 PM5/20/07

"Luke Hooft" <bl...@nothing.com> wrote in message

That's Ok.... I'll take one theater in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area ! !

Eagle 1

May 20, 2007, 5:17:56 PM5/20/07

"Evil Sponge" <donotemailme@thisaddresscositisnotrealyouretard> wrote in
message news:464eb6bb$0$8742$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

I've always thought thought that if I were able to open a Movie Theater
(note---not a Multiplex....)
that I would show only Classic movies of all genres, all the time.... BR,
Planet of the Apes, The Thing,
and movies like Fiddler on the Roof, Goldfinger, Thinderball, Fahrenheit
451, The Birds, you get the idea.....

Alfie [UK]

May 20, 2007, 7:37:04 PM5/20/07
On Sun, 20 May 2007 15:17:56 -0600, "Eagle 1" <t5y7j...@tx.rr.com>
wrote:

>I've always thought thought that if I were able to open a Movie Theater
>(note---not a Multiplex....)
>that I would show only Classic movies of all genres, all the time.... BR,
>Planet of the Apes, The Thing,
>and movies like Fiddler on the Roof, Goldfinger, Thinderball, Fahrenheit
>451, The Birds, you get the idea.....

I've always had a dream of owning a movie theatre (or cinema as us Brits
call them) where I would show classic movies, and rigidly enforce the
rules about no mobiles, talking, etc. A cinema for people that want to
see movies with no interruptions, and know the staff would keep it clean
and quiet so they could enjoy movies as they were meant to be enjoyed.

When I came into some money a couple of years back I looked into it but
it is hella expensive to run a cinema.

If 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then what is the opposite of progress ?