it's 2019 and we're living Bladerunner

RS Wood

Jan 2, 2019, 11:00:08 PM1/2/19

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/01/01/blade_runner_today/

//--clip
Welcome to 2019, the year in which Ridley Scott's 1982 sci-fi film
masterpiece Blade Runner is set. And as predicted in this loose
adaptation of a 1968 Philip K. Dick story, we have flying cars.

The reason you don't have a flying car was explained by author William
Gibson, who famously observed, more or less, "The future is already here
– it's just not evenly distributed."

//--clip

Great article, with the perfect ending paragraph.

Patrick Lange

Jan 3, 2019, 12:38:22 AM1/3/19
Someone went back in time and ruin the timeline. We are living in the alternate 2019.

JAB

Jan 4, 2019, 12:10:40 AM1/4/19
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 22:40:47 -0500, RS Wood <r...@therandymon.com>
wrote:

>And as predicted in this loose adaptation of a 1968
>Philip K. Dick story, we have flying cars.

I suspect if the topic of foreseeing is explored, there were
pre-existing thoughts afoot, and writers write de novo scripts.

Dick Tracy's watch was fiction in its day...years of tech advancment
was required before Martin Cooper's invention of the DynaTAC cellphone
(1973), and more years required before Simon Personal Communicator,

Point being, recycling and/or modifing "old or existing idealism" is
nothing new in sci-fi. And, there will be correct/false
predictions...with physics determining the winners.
,