Sexual Harassment-not a joke

ruchi

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
Dear friends,

My name is Ruchi Khemka and I am working at
Microsoft (I) Ltd at the
Nariman point Office in Bombay, India.I am 20 years old and
am a sales
officer. I had joined Microsoft from end March 1999
and in this my
mail, I wish to bring out the sexual harassment that
I am suffering
from my boss Rajiv Kaul and some of my colleagues.
I passed out of SNDT University and I joined
Reliance Inds. After
reliance, due to constant harassment and sexual
advances made by my
boss's son who had come from the US , it was I
thought , a welcome
relief to work with a professional company like
Microsoft . My boss in
Reliance was Kamal nanavaty and his son Pratik , who
had come to India
during end 1998 used to come to office and make
advances at me . He
made me give him my residence number and he still
keeps calling me up
from the US.
Then in March I joined Microsoft and as fate would
have it, here,the
torture is much more. The very day I joined , my
boss Rajiv Kaul put
his handsup my dress and when I was about to scream,
he told me that
this kind of things were all part of the game at
Microsoft.
He promised me that he would make me a permanent
employee if I
'behaved' properly.Rajiv Kaul makes it a point to
keep me late in the
office and push his crotch against my bum whenever
possible , when
noone is looking and whenever we are alone. To add
to this Nitin
Mirchandani, another of the Microsoft employees
started fondling my
breasts and bums recently.Nitin constantly hovers
around me and
breathes down my dress when I am doing my work.
Rajiv insists that I go
with him to his house which is near to the office
during lunch-time
whenever his wife is not there. He constantly asks
me to dial 2188631 ,
his residence number and if his wife answers, to put
down the phone ,
otherwise to talk to him.He always talks filth and
sex over the phone
to me. When on tour ,he constantly calls me in the
office and talks
dirty to me.He calls up from Jaipur, Delhi, and even
from the US
recently when he was there.Once he called me to
office on a Saturday
and started taking off his clothes till I told him
that I would
complain. other female colleagues tell me that even
they have had
similar treatment though never so bad. I think it is
because they know
that I am desperate for this job. I cannot reveal the name of the
ladies because I would be betraying them.
My sufferings continue even in the Bangalore Office
of Microsoft at
Nuparc Trinity where I go every month towards the
end. Some male
employees keep touching me as if by accident and
constantly keeps
hinting me to have them taken to my room at the Taj
Residency where I
stay on my visits to Bangalore. Mr. Pradeep who is
in charge of the HRD at Bangalore told me the first day that he had
been
told by Rajiv and
Devan from Bombay 'what you would be giving'.
Last month he said,' Why do you think we are putting
you up at the Taj
for? Its for some 'extra service'. Do you think that
other wise you are
worth it?'

I have a lot of problems at home , on the domestic
front and also on
the financial side. These people have realised this
and are exploiting
my helplessness.
I always thought that i need this job. but enough is
enough. There
should be a limit to which a lady should be made to
undergo.
My Office Numbers are 2850195/4/3 at Bombay.

I urge each one of you to forward this mail to
everyone you know so
that the whole world come to know of the sexual
harassment one faces at
Microsoft , which is supposed to be a professional
company.
I hope I get justice.

Ruchi.

Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

MB

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
>Then in March I joined Microsoft and as >fate would have it, here,the torture
is >much more. The very day I joined , my >boss Rajiv Kaul put his handsup my
dress

Man, you have problems. Have you ever considered a sex change, crew cut,
or putting a sign on your own back that says "I'm a Lesbian" in big, neon
letters? Think about it.
-MB

Vicki

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99

MB <mbw...@aol.comi> wrote in message

You didn't really believe this post was true do you? So things
I just can't believe. Like why the hell she is putting up with it.
I know damn well they have a policy on harassment.

It's the law for one thing, then it is so farfetched. The
passive acceptance of it.

Somewhere down the road Asian women must made a stand for themselves as
women. Until they do, nothing will change, no one can help.

I always think that some men will take long hard look at their daughters and
become angry at societies treatment of it's women.
This gives their wives and daughters respect for themselves...and courage
and a bad attitude when need be.

Things have changed for the better for women in the west, only in the west.
It still needs improvement, but we have come a long way.

Vicki

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
tolkein

MB

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
>You didn't really believe this post was >true do you?

No, I do believe, and know, that this happens all the time. I *also* know
that the laws against doing it have never stopped any of those men to stop
doing it and that proving it happened can be virtually impossible. And since I
am sick of hearing it so much about it _every_day_ - people not standing up for
themselves (which is indeed in my opinion VERY pathetic) - I thought it was
about time I posted what I really thought.
-MB

rajii...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2020, 2:30:48 AM7/22/20
> Then in March I joined Microsoft and as fate would
> have it, here,the
> torture is much more. The very day I joined , my
> boss Rajiv Kaul put
Whatever the circumstances at home, you should never ever open about this in office, you should always maintain your professional space in office. This is always a weak point and the bosses take full undue advantage about this.
Here you should have taken a stern step when he touched you at first, never ever allow a person touch you without your liking.
Now you are in such a situation, you cannot do much, you should look for a job and get out and wherever you are joining never open up your personal problem in office to anybody. Maintain a best professional life. and be serious in your work then no one will utter a word to you. Dress properly and use a very polish language and even your smiles should be minimum.