Parasite Dolls news!

C. A. Reed Jr.

Dec 29, 2003, 12:30:13 AM12/29/03
NewType for Decenber has an item on Parasite Dolls. According to the article,
it is a movie, set in 2034, BGC OVA timeline, and centers around a specail
section of the ADP against boomers. Nothing in the article mentions Knigth
Sabers, GENOM, or any of the characters from the OVA.

Also according to the article, the movie is done, and has been shown in Korea,
Germany, Australia, Canada, Brazil, England and the US, and has been praised
for being geared towards the general viewing audience. It's omly half a page
article, so no one run out and spend $10 for the mag just for that......

Now, has anyone seen this movie ??

Craig

C. A. Reed Jr.- drop everything after.com to Email
http://www.geocities.com/trboturtle -- My Fanfics (updated 8/11/03)
http://pub29.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=2453643558&cpv=1

Cliff "Lowen SoDium" Coleman

Dec 29, 2003, 12:35:47 AM12/29/03

> NewType for Decenber has an item on Parasite Dolls. According to the
article,
> it is a movie, set in 2034, BGC OVA timeline...

HOLY SHIT!

An OVA continuation?

Sarah Davis

Dec 29, 2003, 12:56:13 AM12/29/03

C. A. Reed Jr. <trbot...@aol.computer.us> wrote in message

> NewType for Decenber has an item on Parasite Dolls. According to the
article,
> it is a movie,

The series' new official site is at
http://www.aicanime.com/products/parasitedolls/index.html. Why doesn't
anyone make websites in plain, boring HTML anymore?

Sarah

MadMax

Dec 29, 2003, 12:56:57 AM12/29/03
What, is that new to you?
http://www.thecrisiscenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=107&st=0 This is
from February and discusses the Parasite Dolls series shortly before its
release in Japan, in May, April and June IIRC. The series has indeed been
shown in the aforementioned countries, like Germany at the Berlinale. I was
not there, and I haven't seen any ep's yet, so I'll quote a piece from that
forum thread by Analogk:

"Lynk was right. Each episode of PD is 60 min long and it will be shown at
the LA anime fest next month... before it is even out in Japan! That's
pretty cool.

Also of note is that Urban Vision owns the liscencing rights to it, not AD
Vision.

Here's an excerpt from the anime fest text with a few more previously
unknown (at least to me) details about the series...

"Following at 7:45 PM is the U.S. Premiere of "PARASITE DOLLS", (2002, Urban
Vision (A.I.C.), 180 min.) directed by Nakazawa Kazuto. Robot hookers going
schizo, sinister young girls in red, energy-sucking metallic scorpions ...
welcome to Tokyo, 2034. This latest installment in the "BUBBLEGUM CRISIS"
prequel series "AD POLICE" revolves around a special squad of Tokyo cops who
are trying to discover the cause of mysterious homicidal breakdowns by
synthetic humanoids in the city. (Note: The entire 3-part OVA of "PARASITE
DOLLS" will screen.) (In Japanese with English subtitles.)"

Hmmm, now where have I seen those energy-sucking metallic scorpions before
^_^"

That information is from April. The English website for Parasite Dolls has
been launched, but seriously, I forgot the URL. I suppose Google will find
something ^_^

"C. A. Reed Jr." <trbot...@aol.computer.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]

C. A. Reed Jr.

Dec 29, 2003, 1:24:18 AM12/29/03
>MadMax" madma...@gmx.de
>Date: 12/29/03 12:56 AM Eastern Standard Time

>What, is that new to you?

YES!!!!!!

You would think someone would have talked about it before this on this NG, but
for some reason, the last I heard about this from this NG was that they were
still looking for money to do this......

Rod.H

Dec 29, 2003, 9:33:47 AM12/29/03
trbot...@aol.computer.us (C. A. Reed Jr.) wrote in message news:<20031229012418...@mb-m13.aol.com>...

> >MadMax" madma...@gmx.de
> >Date: 12/29/03 12:56 AM Eastern Standard Time
> >
> >What, is that new to you?
>
> YES!!!!!!
>
> You would think someone would have talked about it before this on this NG, but
> for some reason, the last I heard about this from this NG was that they were
> still looking for money to do this......

I vaguely remember someone saying something about it at some stage
during the past year, it may have been either Sarah or Robyn/Neil that
did it.

I was concidering going to the screenings of Parasite Dolls that the
Melbourne International Film Festival had, but Manifest '03 was
happening and the screenings were mainly on late at night which is
inconveniant for those dependant on a public transport system which
basicly rolls down the shutters at 7pm or 10pm, depending on which
element of it you're intending to use.

--Rod.H
Melbourne - We shut up shop at 10pm, 8pm weekends
Adelaide - When the bank's shut we're shut

John Ballentine

Dec 29, 2003, 10:59:12 PM12/29/03
C. A. Reed Jr. <trbot...@aol.computer.us> wrote:
> NewType for Decenber has an item on Parasite Dolls. According to the article,

For those that don't want to spend $10 for one article, here is a quick
and dirty scan of it:

http://www.pacifier.com/~jballwww/Parasite_Dolls_Article_Newtype_12_03.jpg

(I was 2 pages away from seeing this article myself...)

John

Analogk37

Dec 30, 2003, 10:46:34 AM12/30/03

"Cliff "Lowen SoDium" Coleman" <ccoleman...@fruit.com> wrote in message

Nope, just another "alternate version" of the BGC universe, with nothing
significant really tying PD with anything else BGC related.

My impression is the 'movie' is nothing more than the three OVA's pasted
together with perhaps a bit of editing. Still no news on when Urban
Vision's going to do anything with the license, unless the article mentions
something of it.

Jeff
aka Analogk37

Stephenls

Dec 30, 2003, 1:49:53 PM12/30/03
John Ballentine wrote:

> For those that don't want to spend $10 for one article, here is a quick
> and dirty scan of it:

> http://www.pacifier.com/~jballwww/Parasite_Dolls_Article_Newtype_12_03.jpg

> (I was 2 pages away from seeing this article myself...)

Are those screenshots from the actual animation, or promotional art? If
the former, it's purdy.
--
Stephenls
Geek

John Ballentine

Dec 31, 2003, 10:28:50 PM12/31/03
Stephenls <step...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> John Ballentine wrote:

>> http://www.pacifier.com/~jballwww/Parasite_Dolls_Article_Newtype_12_03.jpg

>> (I was 2 pages away from seeing this article myself...)

> Are those screenshots from the actual animation, or promotional art? If
> the former, it's purdy.
> --
> Stephenls

Newtype is usually pretty good about either having full page "promo art",
or actual screen shots, so I belive it is the actual OVA.

John

Stephenls

Dec 31, 2003, 10:56:14 PM12/31/03
John Ballentine wrote:

> Newtype is usually pretty good about either having full page "promo art",
> or actual screen shots, so I belive it is the actual OVA.

In that case, an "Ooh, shiny!" is probably called for.
--
Stephenls
*poing*

Disruptor

Jan 1, 2004, 11:37:47 AM1/1/04

MadMax wrote:

> What, is that new to you?
> http://www.thecrisiscenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=107&st=0 This is
> from February and discusses the Parasite Dolls series shortly before its
> release in Japan, in May, April and June IIRC. The series has indeed been
> shown in the aforementioned countries, like Germany at the Berlinale. I was
> not there, and I haven't seen any ep's yet, so I'll quote a piece from that
> forum thread by Analogk:
>
> "Lynk was right. Each episode of PD is 60 min long and it will be shown at
> the LA anime fest next month... before it is even out in Japan! That's
> pretty cool.

Too bad I can't go there.

> Also of note is that Urban Vision owns the liscencing rights to it, not AD
> Vision.

The reason ADV owns the rights to BGC 2040 is because they made it. This looks
like it was made by Urban Vision, not Youmex

> Here's an excerpt from the anime fest text with a few more previously
> unknown (at least to me) details about the series...
>
> "Following at 7:45 PM is the U.S. Premiere of "PARASITE DOLLS", (2002, Urban
> Vision (A.I.C.), 180 min.) directed by Nakazawa Kazuto. Robot hookers going
> schizo, sinister young girls in red, energy-sucking metallic scorpions ...
> welcome to Tokyo, 2034. This latest installment in the "BUBBLEGUM CRISIS"
> prequel series "AD POLICE" revolves around a special squad of Tokyo cops who

In other words, no Knight Sabers, but other members of the AD Police.

> are trying to discover the cause of mysterious homicidal breakdowns by
> synthetic humanoids in the city. (Note: The entire 3-part OVA of "PARASITE
> DOLLS" will screen.) (In Japanese with English subtitles.)"

Oh good, we get to see other competent ADP officers other than Daley, Leon,
Nene, Jenna, and Todo

> Hmmm, now where have I seen those energy-sucking metallic scorpions before
> ^_^"

Crash?

> That information is from April. The English website for Parasite Dolls has
> been launched, but seriously, I forgot the URL. I suppose Google will find
> something ^_^

I hate non-html pages. They sometimes crash my browser or foul it so that when
I click a link, nothing happens.

lynkf...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2019, 6:10:45 AM3/24/19