Confiscation of fan art (was Re: J.A.I.L.E.D. - Anti-Piracy Organization)

1 view

Eric T. Cheng

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
Hmm...I'm now having doubts about continueing with my Bubblegum Crisis
dojinshi with all this hype of the anime secret police...:/ I mean, look
at Comic Market in Japan which has over 250,000 fans buying and selling
fanzines, fanart and fancomics! The Japanese manga publishers turn their
heads on this as a good source of PR -- besides you don't go after your
fans who are your bread and butter!
I want to do the BGC comic not only as a BGC fan (damn I'm still
hunting down that BGC B-Club Special! :P) but as an aspiring comic artist.
It'll give me a chance to practice the graphic narrative techniques and
to show (hopefully) to professional comic companies my skills and
abilities (thus a REAL job! :)).
As I mentioned in my previous posts on this project I do intend to sell
the books at cost of the printing costs -- which will be going up with
the rise of pulp and paper...:( I'm a BGC fan and not a MBA! :P

--
Eric "BFA" Cheng
UofO Anime Club's Founder and Former-President