(FF) Final Victory

david leroy lindquist jr.

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

FANFICTION:(BGC) Final Victory

by

David L. Lindquist
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

DISCLAIMER: All BGC characters and settings
are the property of AIC. They are used without
permission.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

FORWARD:This story started as an idea I got while
writing N&D, Sylia's Choice pt.2. It wouldn't leave me
alone so I wrote it. C&C is, as always, needed
desperately. If someone wants to do a MST on it
I wouldn't mind at all. (HINT,HINT,HINT.) :) Thanks
to David Johnston and Craig for the C&C and Jusenkyo
Guide for the MST!!!!.

Thanks and enjoy!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

August 28th, 2038

* The waiting is always the worst, * I thought,
absently skimming the latest district pacification
reports. * But it should be over soon.* I continue
reading the reports, satisfied with the progress at
which the people are coming to accept GENOM's
rule. *No,* smiling as I corrected myself, *accepting
MY rule.* The light knocking on the door
momentarily disrupts my revelry then I realize the identity
of the caller.
" Enter Mr. Koshe," I command, letting my
voice express a slight note of irritation I didn't truly
feel. I watched the door slowly open and my aide
walked in. He carried a slip of paper in his hand as
he strode to the front of my desk, gave a quick bow,
then placed the paper on my desk.
"Chairman Quincy," he emotionlessly says, "We
just received word from the battlefield. The last remaining
army units surrendered an hour ago." His face broke into an
large smile. "We won, sir."
I take his words in slowly, savoring each one as
he speaks it. *We won.. I have finally won,* my
thoughts just barely able to contain the satisfaction I
felt over achieving my most important goal.
"Excellent," I replied, not able to suppress a
smile, "send my personal congratulations to
Commander Benoit and release the new reports to
our press."
It then occurs to me that now would be the
time to take care of some unfinished business.
"Also bring me prisoner #5628 and prepare a
clean-up crew," I added, "That is all."
He bowed then quickly left to complete his
tasks. I open my lower desk drawer and take out the
pistol I keep there. It still smells of burnt gunpowder.
I pull the clip out to check the ammo. One shell left,
just as it should be. I replace the clip, put the bullet in
the chamber, then set the pistol on my desk. I hope I
don't have to wait long. A few minutes later, I hear
the knocking that foretells the arrival of my 'guest'. I
say nothing as the door opens and the two C-55
boomers carry in the prisoner. The restraints force her
into a kneeling position. Her gray prison uniform
filthy and unkempt. She puts up little resistance
to them until she sees me, then she starts to
struggle with every ounce of strength she can bring
forth against her bonds. No doubt trying to get lose so
she can extract revenge for what I did to her
teammates and family almost two years ago. As I
walk around my desk, the boomers set her down on
the floor, placing a hand on each of her shoulders to
prevent her from tipping over. She glares at me. Her
brown eyes showing an almost tangible rage. I lean
back on my desk and smile.
"How are you today Ms. Stingray?" I ask
pleasantly. "I hope your accommodations aren't too
uncomfortable."
"Go to hell!" Her angry response didn't
surprise me.
"You know, your Knight Sabers never
presented a threat to me or GENOM," I say,
ignoring her outburst." As a matter of fact, I would
say that the Knight Sabers served me very well."
"What!?! " she exclaims, confusion and anger
showing on her face.
"I thought you would have figured it out by
now," I state it like a parent to a child then I give an
exaggerated sigh. " All right, I'll explain it to you."
"The Knight Sabers killed Mason and Yuri,"
I declare. "Both potential threats to mine and
GENOM's well being. You also defeated Largo twice,
destroying, perhaps GENOM's greatest enemy," my
smile widens slightly as I see the comprehension
form in her eyes.
"I can assure you it was pure
coincidence," She replies with a voice cold as ice.
"True, but because of it I would of left you
alone," I then let my smile drop, "but you tried to take
my company from me. That is why I executed the
others and kept you alive.....until now."
I turn to get the gun off the table.
"You're about to receive a great honor, Sylia
Stingray." I state as I retrieve the gun from my desk.
I notice she stop struggling. Turning back with the
gun in hand , I look at her. Almost her whole being
gives the appearance of acceptance to her fate. I
aim the gun so the bullet will hit her directly between
the eyes. To her credit she doesn't close her eyes
but seems determined to stare right down the gun
barrel. Our eyes lock and I remember when I did this
to her teammates and brother. The look on each of
their faces as I squeezed the trigger. Now it's her
turn.
"For the crime of treason I hereby sentence
you to death," I proclaim, staring directly into her
eyes."Sentence will be carried out immediately."
I let my voice rise to an triumphant shout as I
slowly squeeze the trigger. "Let this be the first act
of the NEWLY CROWNED RULER OF THE
WORLD!!!!"

"........RULER OF THE WORLD!!!!"
The unexpected yell shattered the silence of the
hospital corridor, causing the head physician to drop
his electronic clipboard. Sighing, the doctor slowly
bent down and retrieved it. He stood up as a second
year resident come out of one of the rooms.
"What happened Dr. Yosho?!" he asked, an
expression of confusion on his youthful face. "I
thought only coma patients stayed in this area of the
hospital."
"They do Brian," Dr.Yosho replied as he
checked his clipboard for damage. "Are you finished
with your patient?"
The resident gave a slight nod affirmative, his
confused expression now partially mixed with
curiosity.
"Come with me."
They walked down the corridor. The clicking of their
hard sole shoes against the linoleum floor echoed off
the walls. A few moments later, the doctors arrived at
a door with a small window three quarters the way up.
"Take a look," Dr. Yosho requested.
Brian walked over and peered into the window. It
looked almost like any other hospital room. The only
difference came in the medical boomer that sat next
to the bed. He watched as she took a kleenex and
cleaned some drool from her patient's mouth.
Except for the blue tinge of the boomer's skin, he
couldn't tell her from a regular nurse.
"That's a new 33-M medical boomer, isn't it?"
he asked.
"Yes, " Dr. Yosho replied, "but take a closer
look at her patient."
Brian again gazed into the room. The patient
appeared very elderly. The strangest part concerned
his eyes. Though open, they vacantly gazed at the
ceiling. No life at all within them. As he observed
the patient, Brian realized that he knew him from
somewhere but couldn't place the face.
"He looks familiar, " Brian said, still staring
at the patient.
" Does the name 'Quincy' ring any bells?"
Dr. Yosho replied, with a slight smile on his face.
Brian's head spun around, surprised and shocked.
"Not 'the' Quincy?" he replied.
"Yes, " Dr. Yosho responded back.
"Mr.Quincy, former CEO of the GENOM
Corporation. He occasionally yells something out
from time to time. Did you ever hear how they found
him?"
"No, I haven't." he said turning around to
face the older doctor.
"His aide went to tell him the outcome of the
vote to accept the takeover bid. He knocked on the
office door and didn't get any response. When he
opened the door, the aide noticed the outer window
broken. He then looked towards the desk. Quincy
just sat in his chair with a letter of the vote results clutched
in his hand. Oblivious to the world."
"He could only blame himself for it though," Brian
responded as they both started to walk down the
corridor. " Imagine, using 40% of his own stock to vote
for the takeover that would wipe him out. I wonder what
possessed him to do it."
"God only knows," Dr. Yosho said evenly then
he continued with his story. "The new CEO set him up
here. Ms. Stingray even donated the boomer to give him
around the clock care."
They walked for a few minutes more then Dr.
Yosho snapped his fingers.
"Almost forgot....Mari wanted me to ask if
you and Linna would like to join us for dinner
tomorrow night?"
"I don't know," Brian replied as they turned
the corner. "I'll have to talk it........"

THE END
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

AFTERWORD:I'm posting this because I want as wide an
audience as possible. I apparently released an earlier
version of this fic in January to R.A.A.C but I don't
remember doing it.{They say short term memory is always
the first to go} :( I have changed it some so I need C&C
and MST on it. My next fic will probably be part 3 of my
BGC/AD&D fusion fic called Nightmares & Dreams:Sylia's
Choice. I'm also toying with a BGC/Fantastic Four fusion
and The Visit 2 is almost plotted. Thanks for reading this!!

David Lindquist
fi...@rma.edu
UNKNOWN=You can either be the master of your future or a slave
to your past. It's your call."